(Topic ID: 56435)

Anyone put a pinball out during a yardsale to get more traffic?

By nate1981s

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by suave84
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider practicalsteve.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 10 years ago

Keep it in the garage put a "not for sale" sign on it and take it off free play, and let people pay to play, maybe you'll make an extra 20$. Don't put an ad on cl saying your selling it though that's bait and switch.

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

One in 500 people might be interested in pinball machines and maybe one in 5000 people might actually be interested in owning one. A lot of people you talk to will think they are cool to have but very few people would actually consider having one in their home.

In the bay area CA if you list a pinball machine in your garage sale ad you will get interest. the people are always vague saying "oh its a baseball one" or don't list a title at all. I have emailed people many times to ask because chances are its Pachinko.

I have seen ads get changed or come back up where the person will correct themselves, state the title and even say that they received dozens of emails about it.

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from Spybryon:

I wish more of my neighbors knew I had them. It would be cool if some would come over and play. I have mentioned it to a few but not very much interest.

Howdy neighbor! Just took a look at your collection and that is a great one! Any chance you live down the street from me in El Cerrito? Seriously though if you want someone to come by and talk pins and play let me know.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider practicalsteve.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-put-a-pinball-out-during-a-yardsale-to-get-more-traffic?tu=practicalsteve and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.