(Topic ID: 56435)

Anyone put a pinball out during a yardsale to get more traffic?

By nate1981s

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by suave84
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blondetall.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 10 years ago

Personally, I don't want my neighbors knowing that I have pins. I mean, they've seen me take a couple in when they were hauled to my house in my dad's pickup truck, but I don't want them knowing I've basically got an arcade going on down in my basement. Both for safety/security reasons and because I can't escape the talky talky neighbors now as it is. I'm afraid to go get my mail because if they see me, they start yelling to me from their door then run out to talk. I talk all day at work, and can't help that they're home lonely and want someone to listen to them talk, and I just want to go sit in my house and relax in the evenings. I'm nice and cordial to them, but inside my head I'm trying to think of a valid excuse to get away. If they or the kids down the street knew I had pins, they'd be ringing my doorbell wanting in. Nope nope nope.

Also, watch out for fading and warping in the sun, as mentioned above.

#17 10 years ago

Toaster, you are welcome to come talk to my neighbors any time you want. One is a drunk that has rung my doorbell at 2 AM before because she "lost" her dog- which was sitting on her front porch looking at her like she was an idiot. One is a hoarder who is constantly doing house improvements but never finishing them, and wants to borrow "anything you have that may be useful." And she's currently housing a guy through a church foster program who spent 30 minutes telling me his life story including how he grew purple haze marijuana, got chased by police helicopters, ate $4000 of raw marijuana in one sitting to avoid the police getting it, beat a man in jail so hard he broke his jaw, and likes to tell me that he is "more than happy to come over and help you do anything you need." (Insert creepy stare/grin here.)

Now, if I had 'normal' neighbors I'd be happy to have them over occasionally. I'd love to be neighbors with a pinhead. But, considering my current neighbors... nope nope nope.

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from Toasterdog:

Yea, guess I'm lucky. My neighbors are cool, must be a Tennessee thing Hehe J/K

I think it is a TN thing. My previous neighbors were crazy too.

#26 10 years ago

If you're talking about my post, I meant security so that I don't have a creepy neighbor inside my home, not because I think they'd steal a pin. The pin would just be the excuse for them to ask to come in. See description above for neighbor info. The neighbors were fine until she went all religious and took in drug addict former inmate to 'rehab' him.

I can barely get these things in the house myself, so good luck to anyone wanting to quietly sneak one out. lol

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blondetall.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-put-a-pinball-out-during-a-yardsale-to-get-more-traffic?tu=blondetall and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.