(Topic ID: 130736)

Anyone put 10lbs in a 5lb gameroom?

By MT45

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20141013_214402.jpg
    dolly_1_1024x1024.jpg
    dolly1.JPG
    New Gameroom.JPG
    There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 8 years ago

OK, I'm moving all my games from 2 locations into just one gameroom. Anyone have a similar setup? The questions I have are:
    - can I still pull the glass for access with just 42" of space?
    - is it possible to still pull a game from the lineup and get it out of the room without moving every machine in front of it?
    - can I still work and maintain each machine by pulling it off the wall to work each side?

New Gameroom.JPGNew Gameroom.JPG

#2 8 years ago

No. But putting my pants on this morning was like putting 10 lbs of sausage in a 5 lb bag.

#3 8 years ago

No, but my pins are upstairs and it makes me wonder how many can I put there before they fall through to the next floor.

#4 8 years ago
    Quoted from MT45:

OK, I'm moving all my games from 2 locations into just one gameroom. Anyone have a similar setup? The questions I have are:
    - can I still pull the glass for access with just 42" of space?
    - is it possible to still pull a game from the lineup and get it out of the room without moving every machine in front of it?
    - can I still work and maintain each machine by pulling it off the wall to work each side?

42" is going to be awfully tight. Mine are 48" (lockdown bar to lockdown bar) and that's a pretty tight fit when pulling glass.
    With my spacing I can pull a game without having to move anything. Well, unless I don't take my time, then I have to slide the one next to it over a little bit.
    I'm able to squeeze between machines, but have had to pull some out to get to items in the back. But getting to the other side may be the challenge

#5 8 years ago

That's gonna be snug when it comes to workin on em but looks like it should wrk. Just make sure ya don't leave screw drivers in your back pocket like I always do when I'm squeezin my fatness between em.. Your other games cabs will thank you!

#6 8 years ago

You dont really need a closet, do you?

#7 8 years ago

IIRC, average residential floor load is 38 lbs per sq. ft.

Steve

Quoted from KloggMonkey:

No, but my pins are upstairs and it makes me wonder how many can I put there before they fall through to the next floor.

#8 8 years ago

Can you put the lower row at an angle to gain more room lock bar to lock bar?

#9 8 years ago

Rip out the trim to gain you 2" of floor space.

#10 8 years ago

I'd put a machine blocking the entryway. That'll limit the occupants to people that REALLY want to play pinball.

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

No. But putting my pants on this morning was like putting 10 lbs of sausage in a 5 lb bag.

10 lb sausage ? I have so many comments I don't know where to begin ! : )

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

pics or it didn't happen.

#13 8 years ago

Best thread title ever.

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

Rip out the trim to gain you 2" of floor space.

Had not considered that but great thought. I do have an option to physically move the short wall about a foot or so. Lots of work but can be done

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'd put a machine blocking the entryway. That'll limit the occupants to people that REALLY want to play pinball.

Laugh o' the day right there.
    Do it !

#16 8 years ago

Not much room for butts, if you have people over. You want people to be able to move around and not get trapped. Have you tried to see what you get if you turn the games 90 degrees, with maybe an aisle down one side?

#17 8 years ago

Way to many pins. Go ahead and send some my way to make more room!

#18 8 years ago

If you take out the closet, you could probably stuff 2 or 3 more pins in there

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from MT45:

I do have an option to physically move the short wall about a foot or so. Lots of work but can be done

That would be your best bet then someone could actually pass between 2 people playing without doing the bump and grind with them. Unless of course all 3 people are on the large size. I have 46in. between 2 rows and it's a squeeze to get past them. But 46in. is plenty of room to take the glass off.

#20 8 years ago
    Quoted from bam10:

You dont really need a closet, do you?

That's a good idea to fit more games the my 11 that I have today. Still wondering if I can pull the glass... And it comes down to math and physics

Glass is 43" long and needs to be pulled at minimum 41" away from machine as the glass channel has a 2" rebate from front of cab.
    Also, glass is angling down as it is pulled, even further shortening (slightly, I know) the total distance needed between lock down bars.
    So... If the math works, I would most certainly need to "stand to the side" to pull the glass. Uncomfortable, a little dangerous but can be done.
    Just ordered pin skates to facilitate tight steering in moving these around.

Anyone else have closer distance than 48" between lock down bars?

#21 8 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

That would be your best bet then someone could actually pass between 2 people playing without doing the bump and grind with them. Unless of course all 3 people are on the large size. I have 46in. between 2 rows and it's a squeeze to get past them. But 46in. is plenty of room to take the glass off.

Interesting that 46" feels like plenty of room to remove glass! Can you stand behind the machine and do that or must you stand to the side?

#22 8 years ago
    Quoted from MT45:

Interesting that 46" feels like plenty of room to remove glass! Can you stand behind the machine and do that or must you stand to the side?

Oups 49in. but I'm a slim guy too.

#23 8 years ago
    Quoted from MT45:

Just ordered pin skates to facilitate tight steering in moving these around.

What type of skates did ya get. This kind?

dolly1.JPGdolly1.JPG
    #24 8 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

What type of skates did ya get. This kind?

dolly1.JPG

This kind
    dolly_1_1024x1024.jpgdolly_1_1024x1024.jpg

#26 8 years ago

What about turning the games? I think you can get 5 on the back wall, and then maybe 8 more pins in 2 rows of 4 back to back? It's a bit optimistic, may requiring closet removal, but may work.

#27 8 years ago

I have 2 tightly packed rooms,one 30 1/2" apart and one 32" apart.When I need to lift the glass I just lift the front of game up and put a piece of wood about 4" high under the front legs and then just slide the glass over the game on the other side.Problem solved for about $5 or a quick scrounge at a building site.

#28 8 years ago

You shouldn't need pin skates. Must use carpet sliders.

#29 8 years ago
    Quoted from MT45:

This kind
    dolly_1_1024x1024.jpg

Is your floor going to be hard or carpeted?

#30 8 years ago

Fyi carpet sliders are fine on carpet, tile, and hardwood.

#31 8 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

They move TOO well on tile/hardwood though. Slide save frenzy!

#32 8 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

They move TOO well on tile/hardwood though. Slide save frenzy!

EXACTLY. The slide save is manageable on carpet but on anything hard it's crash cars aka bumper cars for sure.

#33 8 years ago

Be careful with those tripod foot skates if you have laminate floors. I used them on mine, and the plastic wheels had the mold line in the center. Left trails in the floor from each wheel. All 12 wheels have left a nice signature in the floor.

#34 8 years ago
    Quoted from woody24:

Be careful with those tripod foot skates if you have laminate floors. I used them on mine, and the plastic wheels had the mold line in the center. Left trails in the floor from each wheel. All 12 wheels have left a nice signature in the floor.

Sorry to hear that.

#35 8 years ago

Put a BSD in the closet and theme it all spooky.

#36 8 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

You shouldn't need pin skates. Must use carpet sliders.

Sounds like they would be easier ...especially if they can be left in place under legs. What ones are you using?

#37 8 years ago

If you have wood floors use small pieces of carpet flipped over. I have them under my machines and when I need to move them they slide with ease.20141013_214402.jpg20141013_214402.jpg

#38 8 years ago

I once could only fit a pin in my kitchen. I had to push my fridge to a 45 degree angle to get the glass out. Life uhh finds a way.

#39 8 years ago

Well you have some DE games, they were found of 10lbs of ___ in a 5lbs bag

Man those are packed in there pretty tight!

#40 8 years ago
    Quoted from MT45:

Sounds like they would be easier ...especially if they can be left in place under legs. What ones are you using?

The best ones I've found and use on all my games are the 8 packs at Home Depot part # 83036N12. At $9 for 8 it's a steal.

#41 8 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Another option is levelers with a nylon base or those rubber "shoes" for your existing levelers. It's tougher to get close to the wall using carpet sliders.

Another consideration: how's the ventilation in that room? With the heat from 11 machines (even with LEDs) plus a few people in there playing, it might get stuffy quick.

#42 8 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

The best ones I've found and use on all my games are the 8 packs at Home Depot part # 83036N12. At $9 for 8 it's a steal.

Agreed, those are the best

#43 8 years ago
    Quoted from TopMoose:

Another consideration: how's the ventilation in that room? With the heat from 11 machines (even with LEDs) plus a few people in there playing, it might get stuffy quick.

That's for sure....especially if people are eating beans and drinking beer.

#44 8 years ago

When I had my pins in a cramped room it quickly turned into a tedious chore moving one to get to another.

#45 8 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

especially if people are eating beans

Yeah man I had to completely remove the bean station from my pinball room.

#46 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Good one.....I actually laughed out loud

#47 8 years ago
    Quoted from MT45:

46" is ample to pull glass. This is similar to my set up. Stand to the side.

Also, it is enough to maneuver a game in and out with whatever method you use. I use a pinball cart and swing a game in or out without bumping the other games.

#48 8 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Thanks for the info. I'll try them out!

#49 8 years ago
    Quoted from MT45:

Thanks for the info. I'll try them out!

You bet, tell us what you think of them.

#50 8 years ago

Hey, I'm new here. Just found the site and thought I'd chime in. I just bought wheel casters and used them as levelers. I have two locking wheels in front. My set up is mostly arcade with one pinball. It's tight and I wanted to make sure that I could wheel the games around if I decided to change their locations or work on the back section. I use to use the sliding robots for moving. I like the wheels better.

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-put-10lbs-in-a-5lb-gameroom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.