8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by jarjarisgod
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

images.jpeg
    images-2.jpeg
    Pinballhooray.jpeg

#1 8 years ago

How many Pinsiders play multiplayer pinball? I enjoy it, eagerly waiting your turn and your friend instantly draining on his.

#2 8 years ago

I always play multiplayer with my brother and friends!!! Love the competition aspect, makes the game that much more enjoyable.

#3 8 years ago

I help my dad run machines at his laundromat and every so often we will give free credits to the local kids. I put 3 credits on a machine and he presses the start button a million times and burns up all his plays at once. Afterwards he comes back to me wondering where his games went.

#4 8 years ago

I actually find it to be more fun when you are playing against someone else.

#5 8 years ago

I recently got a friend more interested in pinball and we played some BK2K at the arcade. First time playing and he owns my score 8 times over. Hm!

#6 8 years ago

I know how you feel...I was playing with my youngest brother and it was only his second game ever on the machine and he turned over and placed this highest score ever at the time! Really brought out the competitor in me and yes since then I have regained the top score!

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

I help my dad run machines at his laundromat and every so often we will give free credits to the local kids. I put 3 credits on a machine and he presses the start button a million times and burns up all his plays at once. Afterwards he comes back to me wondering where his games went.

Some machines beg for multiplayer even when playing alone. For example its the only way to get a Special on BK.

#8 8 years ago

"It's more fun to compete!" ...printed on most older Gottlieb's. That being said, it's gotten to the point where my family, and a lot of my friends don't like to play multiplayer with me becasue - as my wife say's - "no one likes to wait forever while you play". ....I guess I do have a bit of home court advantage.

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from SunKing:

....I guess I do have a bit of home court advantage.

I hear it all the time! I explain how the game works and the best way to get the most points out of each ball but, that only exasperates them all the more when I win.

#10 8 years ago

I love to play "Strip-Multiplayer Pinball" whenever my wife's friends are over.
    A couple of drinks...
    Some gentle coaxing...
    A couple more drinks...
    Forget to turn the AC on...

It is always good, clean, fun and EVERYBODY wins!
    Except the overly-clothed friend- she makes it out with what we were wearing in the first place...

Pinballhooray.jpeg

Feel free to borrow this one...

#11 8 years ago

most times with 2 players we set a game up with 4
    one guy gets 1 and 2 while the other gets 3 and 4 .

#12 8 years ago

Only way to play is multiplayer,even if you are the only player you have to compete with your alter egos,alias or whatever you can dream up for a few games.

#13 8 years ago

I don't set mp when by myself. Actually, it bugs me to do that.
    When friends are over I let them play by themselves and I will jump on another game. I will play mp with my wife and mom though. My mom used to play when she was a teen so she isn't too bad a player. She just needs to learn the more advanced techniques. One day I will get her a machine of her own.

#14 8 years ago

My wife and I play multiplayer every night and when we have people over we set it up for 4.

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from DarthPinhead:

My wife and I play multiplayer every night and when we have people over we set it up for 4.

kinky.

Not a lot of multiplayer on our games. The only time we usually set the game up for 2 people is when me and my brother get a new game, or we just finished shopping a game. Then we'll have a few 2 player games.

#16 8 years ago

I have tried mp alone and think it is just as much fun to try for my own higher scores one game at a time. I did play rolling stones tonght mp with the wife. I do that so she does not get bored waiting. (Still not a fan of RS)

#17 8 years ago

When i play in the wild with a friend we always play 2 players. If one of us gets a free game and the other does not we play 1 ball each and than one flipper each on the last ball.

#18 8 years ago

I was going to start this exact thread some time ago! I enjoy multilayer but, it does ruin that "zone" feeling you can get to. And, I say at least somewhat humbly, I also feel guilty when my ball times get in to the several minute category.

#19 8 years ago

I also feel guilty when my ball times get in to the several minute category.

images-2.jpeg

#20 8 years ago

NP, I can't believe I didn't even get a comment on my new avatar pic. I did it with you and BD in mind!!!!

#21 8 years ago

The Shorty's crew will play multiplayer as often as not. Plus Seattle Pinball League games are usually set in four-player groups.

#22 8 years ago

NP, I can't believe I didn't even get a comment on my new Avatar pic.

Sorry TG!!!
    Thanks for thinking of us!
    It's just this thread fell so fast down the list-
    I did notice it... If it helps soothe the savage GorillaTiger!

images.jpeg

#23 8 years ago

Most of the time with my wife and friends, we play 4 player games on my Spidey.

#24 8 years ago

Played a lot of 4 player tonight. About 4 hours worth! Had a group of 10 people over to christen the Tron:LE. It was a total blast!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 64.00
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 137.00
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 69.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 24.50
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 89.99
    $ 7.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 130.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Special When Lit
    $ 7.00
    Electronics
    APB Enterprises
    $ 45.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 149.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 7.65
    Cabinet Parts
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside