Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 288 posts
  • 104 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Scorch
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

15291162116411724680668 (resized).jpg
    custodial-wdw (resized).jpg
    dbdd1169e3a7bc4e60c2f9a40dbf995fb0c1bdfd (resized).jpg
    2017E672-7FEF-48BA-B46B-627267EBB0C8 (resized).jpeg
    Disney-Strike-2000x577 (resized).jpg
    db3be54d-star-wars-land1 (resized).jpg
    0714_nws_ocr-l-d23swland-29110 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2018-06-15-12-33-52 (resized).png
    2ca93l (resized).jpg
    2ca84h (resized).jpg
    PHA-Q (resized).PNG
    Applause.gif
    Lemonades (resized).jpeg
    D4F9C2BE-E1FA-4736-AFD8-9C2977AD1888 (resized).png
    download (3) (resized).jpg
    260a95f20b9a3e025137267bfaa12404--hurt-johnny-johnny-cash-lyrics (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vdojaq.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#100 5 years ago

Wow. Wonder if this kid has any real insight on what it takes to open this business. Rent, electricity, water, bathrooms, etc. Snack bar? Food service license. How about insurance? Especially liability. Signage, advertising.....and so on. Handicap accessibility.

What happens if someone comes through the door looking for a little street tax? Scam artists, thieves. Upkeep on the equipment.

Oh boy is he in for a surprise!

#107 5 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

I've been through months of planning, purchasing, and efforts over literally every single thing you've mentioned - plus I have many friends in the business all over PA and NJ who have not hesitated to share their secrets and finances which I really appreciated and gave me a great insight on the electrical bill I'm prepared to get slapped on me, a Kill-A-Watt meter and math is also a great resource. It makes me giggle how little you people think I'm putting into opening a real business. It's the real deal and it's happening whether you like it or not. I've got legal teams on my side and we've got everything in a row from all of our licensing and permits to our signage which is already designed and on order.

If you have it all figured out, then go for it.

#112 5 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

That's what I'm trying to do, remember, I didn't post this here. I would have been perfectly happy with carrying on my merry way to opening my business and loving the success from it, even if it was only from my local town.

The issue here is you have talked about having everything in order to open a business. If you do, good luck, you are ahead of the game. Where you are falling short is the gofundme page. It makes you look pathetic and clueless. You have no job, no income, no tangible assets other than the collection of games. Where has ALL this funding come from to cover all of these upstart costs? Or, is the $6 grand, just pocket money for you to live on?

#221 5 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Hopefully eventually people will see everything I do is in good measure and with a genuine love of the games we share, and that this constant hounding and trolling you guys called "advice" is actually doing the complete opposite and is quite a nuisance and is what caused me to slip up in the past. Aside from a few users, your "advice" is terrible and often filled with insults and offensive remarks based on internal anger over the state of the world and how popular fundraising has become, when in reality it's just the way of the world and you're going to have to learn to live with it, whether or not you think it is morally correct or not, as after all "morals" are all just opinions and are very subjective and differs with age and personality.

I can't believe that no one has picked up the fact that he is actually BLAMING Pinside for his slip ups!

Good god his generation is full of not me, not my responsibility, and everyone else pay for my well being. Maybe he is the next basement dweller to sue his parents.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vdojaq.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-plan-on-donating?tu=vdojaq and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.