Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 288 posts
  • 104 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Scorch
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

15291162116411724680668 (resized).jpg
    custodial-wdw (resized).jpg
    dbdd1169e3a7bc4e60c2f9a40dbf995fb0c1bdfd (resized).jpg
    2017E672-7FEF-48BA-B46B-627267EBB0C8 (resized).jpeg
    Disney-Strike-2000x577 (resized).jpg
    db3be54d-star-wars-land1 (resized).jpg
    0714_nws_ocr-l-d23swland-29110 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2018-06-15-12-33-52 (resized).png
    2ca93l (resized).jpg
    2ca84h (resized).jpg
    PHA-Q (resized).PNG
    Applause.gif
    Lemonades (resized).jpeg
    D4F9C2BE-E1FA-4736-AFD8-9C2977AD1888 (resized).png
    download (3) (resized).jpg
    260a95f20b9a3e025137267bfaa12404--hurt-johnny-johnny-cash-lyrics (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#36 5 years ago

Man! I could start a gofundme and really spruce up my garage. And finally get that collector quality vintage pitch and bat I've always wanted.

#48 5 years ago

My offer still stands.

Next time he has a flood in his basement, I will be glad to send him one of these, but no money that he can just squander away in some strip club or whatever else suits his fancy.

download (1) (resized).jpgdownload (1) (resized).jpg
    #54 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

Where did the money for any of these games come from if he has never sold one or has never worked?

Perhaps from the other times he asked for donations?

#58 5 years ago
    2c8ld0 (resized).jpg2c8ld0 (resized).jpg
    #72 5 years ago
    Quoted from FlippyD:

Honestly it's great to see this level of passion in younger folks.

I had the same kind of passion when I was young. And the ambition to go along with it.

Back in the days before the internet and gofundmes and other handouts, you know what we did when we wanted money for something?

We went to work or got whatever job we could no matter how menial the pay. Or even dug bottles and cans out of trash cans.
    _44712249_paperboy466getty (resized).jpg_44712249_paperboy466getty (resized).jpg

#95 5 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:Most of you come across as dick heads with your insults

We're just glad you're not the kind that would throw insults around.

#99 5 years ago
    Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I hope you bought the location you intend to use.

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
    #117 5 years ago
    260a95f20b9a3e025137267bfaa12404--hurt-johnny-johnny-cash-lyrics (resized).jpg260a95f20b9a3e025137267bfaa12404--hurt-johnny-johnny-cash-lyrics (resized).jpg
    #123 5 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Good riddance, he went inactive. Hasta Nunca Otaku!

If that's the third time now he can't come back!

download (3) (resized).jpgdownload (3) (resized).jpg
    #203 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I think $10/hr. is perfectly reasonable

Tell that to all the Disneyland employees.

#206 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I didn't say it was a good wage, just a decent price to play pinball/arcades.

It's just a big news story around here right now. Billions spent on new Star Wars land and billions coming thru the front gate and employees making minimum wage in an area that costs half a million for an average house. Of course Disney has a long history of that.

#214 5 years ago

Wait..... did somebody say new Star Wars land?!!!!!

0714_nws_ocr-l-d23swland-29110 (resized).jpg0714_nws_ocr-l-d23swland-29110 (resized).jpg
    #218 5 years ago
    Quoted from LovelyCoCoNuts:

What is that... A star wars land.... For ants?

Let's just say it's still a work in progress. They probably need to cut a few more of the employee's benefits to finish it.

db3be54d-star-wars-land1 (resized).jpgdb3be54d-star-wars-land1 (resized).jpg
    #222 5 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Maybe he is the next basement dweller to sue his parents.

If he ends up in his grandma's basement, I hope he has a flotation mattress.

#230 5 years ago

Like I said this goes way back. But at one time there were wide open spaces and rent and houses were dirt cheap. Even after I got out of high school, you didn't need a college education to get a decent job that more than paid your rent or buy a house and whatever car you might like to drive. Nowadays rent for small apartments in lessor neighborhoods are climbing thru the roof.

They have to do something or there won't be anybody left in the area to work for them.
    Disney-Strike-2000x577 (resized).jpgDisney-Strike-2000x577 (resized).jpg

#244 5 years ago

The great thing about being young is if entrepreneurship doesn't work out, there are still plenty of great job opportunities out there.

custodial-wdw (resized).jpgcustodial-wdw (resized).jpg
    #250 5 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

I was thinking more like TV Evangalist.

Yeah. but those dudes that pick up the trash at Disneyland make as much as the ride operators and they don't have to sit still all day.

When they have no more young people to do the job because they don't pay enough, I've been thinking it might be a great job for me if the smog shop ever folds up. People that work there get in free, and believe me, they charge an arm and a leg to get in there now. Season passes were about $120 when my daughter was young and now the cheapest one is almost $400. One day is $100.

#252 5 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Why would anyone want to go to Disney to basically stand in lines all day?

Ya gotta know the system and when to go! Plus they are charging so much now, I understand the midweek crowds are starting to thin out a bit. Haven't been in a few years myself. But great place to catch a buzz and take in the sights.

I only live 15 minutes from there or believe me, I wouldn't bother

#256 5 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:The lines getting out of Disney World where so long once, my friend and I broke out of the dry kingdom. Fought our way back to the Contemporary Hotel and had a few drinks. Bee line from Space Mountain takes you there.

I only visited the World once in the early 90s and never actually went in. I stayed at the campground within the place because it was along the route of my journey to Key West. I said to myself at these prices I'll just go to the Land when I get home. lol. I know my way around that place. There was a pool in the campground with a game room and there was TAF and TZ sitting right next to each other brand new. So I played a little pinball and was on my way...

Quoted from pinballkim:

Or just start charging $10 an hour to get into your garage.

lol

#272 5 years ago
    Quoted from gmkalos:

Go to min mark 55:39 I think he is autistic and he seems like a really nice guy.

He's wearing a Led Zeppelin tour '77 shirt. I wonder if he actually went... ... I know I did.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-plan-on-donating?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.