Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 288 posts
  • 104 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Scorch
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

15291162116411724680668 (resized).jpg
    custodial-wdw (resized).jpg
    dbdd1169e3a7bc4e60c2f9a40dbf995fb0c1bdfd (resized).jpg
    2017E672-7FEF-48BA-B46B-627267EBB0C8 (resized).jpeg
    Disney-Strike-2000x577 (resized).jpg
    db3be54d-star-wars-land1 (resized).jpg
    0714_nws_ocr-l-d23swland-29110 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2018-06-15-12-33-52 (resized).png
    2ca93l (resized).jpg
    2ca84h (resized).jpg
    PHA-Q (resized).PNG
    Applause.gif
    Lemonades (resized).jpeg
    D4F9C2BE-E1FA-4736-AFD8-9C2977AD1888 (resized).png
    download (3) (resized).jpg
    260a95f20b9a3e025137267bfaa12404--hurt-johnny-johnny-cash-lyrics (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jodyg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#25 5 years ago

I live near this guy. He's obviously a clown, although the $10/hr admission is in line with other semi-local arcades here. No way in hell would I donate money to fund a private venture like this. Most do a $10/hr~$25/day model and do okay. His problem is that he is located on a road where there is no such thing as foot traffic. Anyone that goes there is going to have to drive there. I'd be shocked if this thing ever gets off the ground if he doesn't even have 6k to invest and get his building up to code. Here is a local newspaper article on the matter. He also posted to Reddit. Gotta love how the location is "top secret due to security reasons".

http://www.ephratareview.com/news/new-arcade-will-be-a-blast-from-the-past/

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The games are mostly garbage. Kid has never paid more than $100 for a game so you can be sure he ain't exactly getting the prides of the fleet.

Does he even have any non-EM pins?

#91 5 years ago

I would at least change the name of the place to something that does not sound so "confusing" when spoken aloud. Lancaster county outside the city proper is really_ conservative.

#106 5 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Also, I'm aware replying here is almost a waste of time, so I won't be reading or replying to this thread after this.

Lies.

#184 5 years ago
    Quoted from Humph:

Agreed on the $10/hr figure - I would never pay this either.
    In the Pacific Northwest, the only time I've paid on a per hour basis was $5/hr at a barcade in Bend, OR that served beer and had 10 or so SS & DMD pins as well as many arcade games. The recent Tacoma, WA pin show charged $25 (11.5 hrs) & $30 (13.5 hrs) of 400+ pin/arcade play for the first two days (that's about $2.25/hr).
    Examples of no admission/pay per game with lots of pinball choices are the PHOF in Vegas with 400+ pin/arcade games (0.50-$1 per play, I believe), Blair Alley in Eugene, OR, some 30 pins of all eras & also arcade games (0.25-$1 per play), and Level Up (also in Eugene) with some 25 DMDs all at 0.50/play plus arcade games.
    A little more math --
    Many newer DMD titles I've seen are $1/play or $2/3 plays -- at these rates, for $10 you can buy 10-15 plays.
    Can you squeeze in 10-15 plays in an hour ? (that's one game every 4-6 minutes).
    Unless you drain every ball quickly and don't learn from any mistakes, I find this hard to do and thus not worth anywhere near a $10/hour fee.
    EM & SS titles are generally 0.25-0.50/per play, so you'd have to squeeze in 20-40 games in 1 hour to equal a $10/hr admission fee - impossible (well, for most).
    Hell, I wouldn't even have time to drink a beer and most barcades do serve beer.
    Granted, some large pinball museums charge admission fees so one can experience an expectedly huge variety of games, but a small private arcade w/ only EMs (& probably no beer served) at $10/hr -- no way, much better choices out there.

Timeline Arcade York/Hanover: $10/hr, $25/day

Pinball Gallery in Malvern $8/hr, $20/day

Morristown Game Vault: $10/hr $25/5 hours.

This is his competition...the model works here on the east coast. But I doubt he will have many returning pinball customers if all he has are beat EM's.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jodyg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-plan-on-donating?tu=jodyg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.