Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 288 posts
  • 104 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Scorch
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

15291162116411724680668 (resized).jpg
    custodial-wdw (resized).jpg
    dbdd1169e3a7bc4e60c2f9a40dbf995fb0c1bdfd (resized).jpg
    2017E672-7FEF-48BA-B46B-627267EBB0C8 (resized).jpeg
    Disney-Strike-2000x577 (resized).jpg
    db3be54d-star-wars-land1 (resized).jpg
    0714_nws_ocr-l-d23swland-29110 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2018-06-15-12-33-52 (resized).png
    2ca93l (resized).jpg
    2ca84h (resized).jpg
    PHA-Q (resized).PNG
    Applause.gif
    Lemonades (resized).jpeg
    D4F9C2BE-E1FA-4736-AFD8-9C2977AD1888 (resized).png
    download (3) (resized).jpg
    260a95f20b9a3e025137267bfaa12404--hurt-johnny-johnny-cash-lyrics (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darcangeloel.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#11 5 years ago

From His gofundme site.

"Even better, our business will be ADMISSION-BASED using an affordable $10/hour rate to play all the 100+ games (which have now been modified/set to start automatically without coins to support this), so there are no quarters, tokens, or game play cards to fuss with - and it also saves you a lot of money and time too!"

Who the fuck would want to pay $10 an hour to visit an arcade. What a stupid ass business model. That better be one epic arcade for $10 an hour. I think our local pinball arcade only charges $30 for the whole month with everything on free play lol. Anyone who donates to that is simply pissing away money.

#96 5 years ago

TLDR - Just stop man. If you really wanted to stop people from calling you out then simply give everyone who donated to your basement spill their money back or donate it to pinside or a charity. I think that would go along way.

Quoted from Otaku:

Hi there, I'm the owner of this business. I would like to respectfully ask that before people continue on the flame war (which they will), to recognize that I didn't post this here and my link was shared out of some sort of anger or jest. If you're going to chalk me up for anything, at least don't chalk me up for asking for donations here on Pinside in form of a thread, because that is not something I did (which the OP clearly took the initiative to do).
    I'm not asking for donations on KLOV or Pinside and it's a local fundraiser which you clearly took the initiative to find and dig up considering you live across the country. It's going great thanks. As it is a local fundraiser and you're clearly not interested in donating, I would appreciate if you kept it off of here to begin with, it's not "ala Rusty Quarters" where I am here begging the arcade community for money but rather for local folks who are interested in helping out with some of our rudimentary expenses. Asking for donations for an arcade on KLOV and Pinside is not something I'm interested in doing (especially after my last fiasco for something I didn't deserve in any right), and I'm not sure why I'm getting flamed for it and compared to Rusty Quarters/Tech Noir as I didn't come here asking for help at all.
    This is a small fundraiser to help what we're already putting into it, I am not like others where I wake up one day with big dreams, fundraise the next day and start out with no money other than that, and then blow all of my money on games because I don't have a collection and have no money left for my business (but walk away happy with games, ala Rusty Quarters).
    A) This has been in the works for years and I have been very patient to ensure success.
    B) I already have the collection for the museum owned and paid off (which would be a huge expense otherwise and is why other fundraisers fail very early on)
    C) We're investing a lot of money and time for ourselves, and is going just fine. This fundraiser is to help take some of the edge off through the help of our local community hence the low goal amount, and lots have been very generous with support so far.
    Thanks for your interest, and thanks for the free exposure - but I'm not interested in discussing further.
    We're getting a lot of great input from our town and many different local news platforms if anybody is interested in reading more:
    http://www.ephratareview.com/news/ne...from-the-past/
    https://www.flyafter5.com/arts-and-l...4bfeaf443.html
    P.S.: The whole "spent donations on a game" thing is a pure lie, and the donations went towards fixing up the basement that previously held my games. I went to Pinfest the following month and bought two machines for a family member with their money, and somebody there decided to turn it into a giant conspiracy when they saw me wheeling it to my car. Get over it. I have no regrets about it at all and it was a great asset to both me and my games. Welcome to the 21st century, buckle and and get comfy. GoFundMe is a hit and does a lot of great things for a lot of people and there's absolutely no shame in that.
    My IBS is something that is quite a nuisance in normal life but when managed allows me to live a relatively normal life. It's hard, because it is one of those "invisible diseases" that can't be seen and can only be felt. I see how it's hard to understand when people see me around toting 300 pound games with no problem, but the problems come more in the form of lack of good planning and management rather than being a 24/7 physical burden. I live a relatively normal life (aside from constantly planning around my stomach), in which I can do decently well besides some fatigue and nausea, but it's when I slip up or don't get the necessary things I need to cater to my disease that all hell breaks loose. I'm grateful after many years I have managed it to the point that it is like this and that allows me to run a business as I feel fit.
    A lot of you claim to be experts in this thread and talk about how you see me trucking around games just fine at shows "so I must be okay" but you don't see me taking breaks and naps in my car at the show to avoid my body melting down on me, and don't see me suffering in pain that night because I got a little too excited in my love of pinball and forgot to eat soon enough. You clearly are very misinformed.
    Starting my business to help manage my IBS was actually a big part of it. If I don't eat quite often I end up digesting stomach bile as a result of an emergency surgery a few years back. If I eat? I'm fine. If I don't eat? I curl up in a ball in pain while my stomach digests itself. It's a night and day difference, but as long as I manage it well, I'm okay.
    Being able to have my own business will benefit me as we'll have a nice Steven-stocked refrigerator full of my specialty foods I can eat, most of which need to remain refrigerated throughout the day.
    It's difficult for me to hold a normal job as A) I wouldn't be able to take enough breaks to eat, and B) because I wouldn't be offered the necessary storage and break requirements needed for my food and drinks.
    I qualify for disability and if I was that full of my self as people here like to say, I would be using it. But no, I want to work (which is a big gripe the older folk have with my generation - but not me!), and I want to support my family in the truest way possible, and can't wait for my business to begin. It's happening whether people here like it or not and will have a big grin on my face during our grand opening, as again, this is only an "auxiliary fundraiser" and we will be opening regardless.
    I'll see you guys at the upcoming pinball shows at my booth for Gameseum, come say hello to me!

#191 5 years ago

Given his track record do you really think he will have an all day option? I doubt it, the point isn't about being cheap its about wanting to relax when you go and play pinball. I wouldn't want to be watching the clock the whole time to make sure I don't "Go Over" the allotted time. Now $10 for the whole day or even $20 maybe $30 if the games were super nice wouldn't be an issue. Neat about the NYC arcades, I'd check those out if they have the day pass option.

I have a separate question in regards to this situation. I remember when the basement spill happened he had around 40 games. This was last year right? So how in such a short time did he get 60 more games if he doesn't work a job? Or am I getting the timeline wrong.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

too cheap to pay $10 an hour to play pinball? I don't know what to tell you. It's 10 bucks. That's less than a movie or pretty much any other entertainment option. And ALL of these places have a "day pass" for $20-30.
    For a gay museum, hourly just makes more sense. You don't have to make change, break bills, or deal with getting all the coin mechs working.
    Most of the larger places I've been to do this. Modern pinball NYC, the silverball museums in Jersey and Del Ray...they do hourly. It really is a smarter model.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darcangeloel.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-plan-on-donating?tu=darcangeloel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.