1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 288 posts
  • 104 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Scorch
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 26 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

15291162116411724680668 (resized).jpg
    custodial-wdw (resized).jpg
    dbdd1169e3a7bc4e60c2f9a40dbf995fb0c1bdfd (resized).jpg
    2017E672-7FEF-48BA-B46B-627267EBB0C8 (resized).jpeg
    Disney-Strike-2000x577 (resized).jpg
    db3be54d-star-wars-land1 (resized).jpg
    0714_nws_ocr-l-d23swland-29110 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2018-06-15-12-33-52 (resized).png
    2ca93l (resized).jpg
    2ca84h (resized).jpg
    PHA-Q (resized).PNG
    Applause.gif
    Lemonades (resized).jpeg
    D4F9C2BE-E1FA-4736-AFD8-9C2977AD1888 (resized).png
    download (3) (resized).jpg
    260a95f20b9a3e025137267bfaa12404--hurt-johnny-johnny-cash-lyrics (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#4 1 year ago

I cannot believe that he hasn't changed that name.

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

who wouldn't want to be part of the time-proven successful business model, the arcade?!?

"The big boys say it takes millions of dollars to build a brick and mortar arcade, with all their fancy overhead, red tape, working games, paid staff, advertising budgets, and properly licensed and inspected facilities. Here at Otaku/Interlock LLC, I can do it for only SIX THOUSAND DOLLARS! That's only 10 times what it cost Pinside to fix my flooded basement and buy me a Team One!!!

DONATE NOW!"

#23 1 year ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

Wondering if all the games will be liquidated when the Gameseum files for bankruptcy in a year? Start socking away $$$ for the sale, guys.

The games are mostly garbage. Kid has never paid more than $100 for a game so you can be sure he ain't exactly getting the prides of the fleet.

#35 1 year ago
    Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Because loans require monthly payments with interest added.
    Ain’t nobody got time for that!

He's never had a job, has pledged he will never get one, and has no assets. He's not getting a loan.

I don't see how he secures any kind of financing for the gaymuseum with his current business model. He's only got $200 so far in his latest crowdfunding scam ($20 from TNT amusements!), so I think that's a dead end, and even if it weren't, $6,000 is laughably small and wouldn't do anything but pay for his next few Allentown pin hauls or flooded basements.

If this young adult wants to pull this off, I really think his best move would be to find partners. Adult partners with jobs, assets, and money who share his vision and can keep it afloat for a long period of time without turning a profit - if he can find any that he hasn't already alienated, insulted, or pissed off.

The way he's trying to do it right now results in nothing but failure - most new businesses fail and I'd guess a big theme among these failed businesses is lack of reserve cash to withstand some slow months and unexpected costs (of which there will be a ton). What's he gonna do if we get a snowy winter and people can't travel? What's he gonna do if we have a nice summer and people want to do stuff outside? What's he gonna do if it turns out it takes more than one puff piece in the Ephrata Shopper's Monthly to turn out the crowds and he needs to build a customer base over a long period of time? Monthly gofundmes to keep the lights on aren't gonna cut it.

This is a terrible formula. You can't run a brick and mortar business paycheck to paycheck and you can’t depend upon keeping the doors open at a new business by being instantly profitable.

#47 1 year ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

I could put his butt to work real easy

That sounds hot!

#63 1 year ago

My Mom - who was about 30 years older than Interlock - managed to have "emergency gall bladder surgery" (is there any other kind?!) and still go to work for another decade.

Can't speak for the Irritable Bowel Syndrome though.

#131 1 year ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

So how does someone that has coasted through life without hitting any age appropriate milestones become such a narcissist? Are you an only-child by chance? It would explain some of it.
    Kudos to you for not grifting for a vacation like your peers, that has gotta be tough. One of my peers killed someone in a road rage incident.... I only punched someone in the face... so yeah, I think I am doing pretty good.

Reminds me of the panhandlers on the subway who say “I’m here asking for help, not selling drugs or robbing people.”

Gee, thanks!

#166 1 year ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Pinside should *try* to be slightly less caustic than the typical comments section of FB, Twitter, etc. This is pinball, not politics or a debate on transgender bathroom rights.

If I weren't made of such strong stock, it would have driven me from Pinside when you called me "dishonest" for no good reason in a recent for sale thread!!!!

In the future please try to be less caustic.

#170 1 year ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Holy crap! Is this what happens when there's no new pinball news??

Where's the Star Wars topper?!

#178 1 year ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

No good reason? You advertised an LAH as 100% working when none of the magnets worked and it had a broken drop target.

Actually I advertised it as 110 % working EXCEPT. How did you know the game had those two issues? Surely you don't think your average pinsider is dumber than you, do you?

STOP TRYING TO RUN ME OFF PINSIDE!

#180 1 year ago
    Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Let's see. 100 Games. Needs 6000 dollars. The solution seems easy.
    Sell 6 1000 dollar games or 12 500 games to fund the museum.
    Hard to feel sorry for someone who has a solution staring them straight in the face.

He also has to pay for his legal teams.

#183 1 year ago
    Quoted from Humph:

Agreed on the $10/hr figure - I would never pay this either.
    In the Pacific Northwest, the only time I've paid on a per hour basis was $5/hr at a barcade in Bend, OR that served beer and had 10 or so SS & DMD pins as well as many arcade games. The recent Tacoma, WA pin show charged $25 (11.5 hrs) & $30 (13.5 hrs) of 400+ pin/arcade play for the first two days (that's about $2.25/hr).
    Examples of no admission/pay per game with lots of pinball choices are the PHOF in Vegas with 400+ pin/arcade games (0.50-$1 per play, I believe), Blair Alley in Eugene, OR, some 30 pins of all eras & also arcade games (0.25-$1 per play), and Level Up (also in Eugene) with some 25 DMDs all at 0.50/play plus arcade games.
    A little more math --
    Many newer DMD titles I've seen are $1/play or $2/3 plays -- at these rates, for $10 you can buy 10-15 plays.
    Can you squeeze in 10-15 plays in an hour ? (that's one game every 4-6 minutes).
    Unless you drain every ball quickly and don't learn from any mistakes, I find this hard to do and thus not worth anywhere near a $10/hour fee.
    EM & SS titles are generally 0.25-0.50/per play, so you'd have to squeeze in 20-40 games in 1 hour to equal a $10/hr admission fee - impossible (well, for most).
    Hell, I wouldn't even have time to drink a beer and most barcades do serve beer.
    Granted, some large pinball museums charge admission fees so one can experience an expectedly huge variety of games, but a small private arcade w/ only EMs (& probably no beer served) at $10/hr -- no way, much better choices out there.

too cheap to pay $10 an hour to play pinball? I don't know what to tell you. It's 10 bucks. That's less than a movie or pretty much any other entertainment option. And ALL of these places have a "day pass" for $20-30.

For a gay museum, hourly just makes more sense. You don't have to make change, break bills, or deal with getting all the coin mechs working.

Most of the larger places I've been to do this. Modern pinball NYC, the silverball museums in Jersey and Del Ray...they do hourly. It really is a smarter model.

#186 1 year ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Timeline Arcade York/Hanover: $10/hr, $25/day
    Pinball Gallery in Malvern $8/hr, $20/day
    Morristown Game Vault: $10/hr $25/5 hours.
    This is his competition...the model works here on the east coast. But I doubt he will have many returning pinball customers if all he has are beat EM's.

That is one of the many questions beggared by the non IBS portion of his pitch.

What's the audience here? He's in the middle of nowhere next to a record store and a mom and pop Gamestop.

He's gonna have a bunch of ratty EMs and a small selection of beat up barn find vids.

SO who's gonna keep the lights on? Kids will have no interest in this shit. Grown ups may come once and never again.

I hope the redemption game laws are lax in that corner of middle of nowhere PA, cause he's gonna need to do another gofundme in a few months to fund the kiddie gambling room.

#194 1 year ago
    Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Levi,I used to disagree with quite a few of your posts/opinions-but lately all I seem to do is agree with you 100%! I!

Either you are getting smarter or I’m getting dumber

#225 1 year ago
    Quoted from FlippyD:

Disney hates its employees so much they’ll be getting only $15 an hour. What evil bastards they are.
    http://money.cnn.com/2018/06/03/news/companies/disney-minimum-wage/index.html

Try reading the article - it's always about more than pay. Scheduling is huge and so are overtime rules - who cares what you are getting paid when Disney can just schedule you for 10 hours a week? And they aren't "giving" their employees anything, it's a contract negotiation and the unions are fighting Disney tooth and nail to get these employees decent pay. And nobody said Disney hates their employees, just that they treat them like shit and CURRENTLY pay them $10 an hour, which is ridiculous. When a gigantic corporation like Disney gets millions (billions?!) in public subsidies, they have a moral obligation to offer the communities that supply those subsidies (YOUR tax money if you live in Florida) jobs with decent wages.

In my opinion.

#228 1 year ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Isn't Amazon and the city of Seattle going through something much like this?

Yes. Most major cities are. That's why worker and community advocates are bypassing the generally useless federal minimum wage (isn't it still like 8 bucks an hour?) and pushing for state and local laws that raise the minimum wage, especially where public subsidies are involved.

In Florida, there is a movement to raise the minimum wage to $19 an hour for workers at companies that receive corporate welfare - this is squarely aimed at companies like Disney which receive hundreds of millions of dollars of state money, but think $10 an hour for Floridians trying to provide for themselves and their families is just peachy.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 259.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 149.00
    $ 39.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    € 279.00
    Displays
    PINBALLSP
    £ 80.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Pimp
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 14.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 115.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Merf's Pins
    $ 131.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5,899.99
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside