Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 288 posts
  • 104 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Scorch
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

15291162116411724680668 (resized).jpg
    custodial-wdw (resized).jpg
    dbdd1169e3a7bc4e60c2f9a40dbf995fb0c1bdfd (resized).jpg
    2017E672-7FEF-48BA-B46B-627267EBB0C8 (resized).jpeg
    Disney-Strike-2000x577 (resized).jpg
    db3be54d-star-wars-land1 (resized).jpg
    0714_nws_ocr-l-d23swland-29110 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2018-06-15-12-33-52 (resized).png
    2ca93l (resized).jpg
    2ca84h (resized).jpg
    PHA-Q (resized).PNG
    Applause.gif
    Lemonades (resized).jpeg
    D4F9C2BE-E1FA-4736-AFD8-9C2977AD1888 (resized).png
    download (3) (resized).jpg
    260a95f20b9a3e025137267bfaa12404--hurt-johnny-johnny-cash-lyrics (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Phat_Jay.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#81 5 years ago

Go mow lawns, deliver pizza, and service old ladies like the rest of us with a dream d.b. ..........

#168 5 years ago

Sorry, but he’s the product of the everyone gets a trophy generation. The sooner they realize they’re not special snowflakes the better. Want something? Earn it. This is exactly what happens when one lives with parents, young men need to be out on their own at 18. Tummy hurts? Too bad, so does everyone else’s. Everyone has some crap to deal with, deal with yours. Some may say I’m an a-hole, but I won’t mollycoddle my boys. They need to grow into men. If the shit truly hits the fan, I’m there for them, but I won’t carry them through life. Wanna open an arcade? Great, I’ll support your effort by patronizing your establishment and offer my advice as needed, but I won’t hand you cash out of thin air for nothing.

#176 5 years ago
    Quoted from lancestorm:

I feel he is seeing what others have done by using gofundme to start businesses or produce a product and feels he should at least try to take advantage of that. I can't fault him. If folks want to spend their money on him that is their business. Getting free money is a smarter move than trying to take out a bank loan. I can't imagine he could get one unless he established credit when he turned 18, but he has a legal team that can maybe vouch for him? Curious how he is paying for THAT in particular.
    I'm a little disappointed that you would put IBS in the same frame as a "tummy ache." I guess you have to experience it to know how debilitating it can be, I should know. Literally curled up in a fetal position because your insides feel like they are being squished to death is not fun. Nor is running for the toilet every 5 minutes. You can't even get in your car! There are ways to control it through diet (avoiding certain foods) and lowering anxiety, and medication, at least trying to
    control these 3 has allowed me to function. But man, 10 years ago, damn it was rough. I still worked. And I quickly learned what restrooms on my route to work were cleanest / less likely to be being used!
    I don't think this guy should use IBS as an excuse of not working. But I question how he can run an operation everyday and deal with those problems too.
    I just see an issue with patience here. At 20 years old he is ready to go and seems rushed. He has his whole life ahead of him. I would tell him to fund it himself over the next 2 years and really examine this decision. When you are putting your own money on the line and still want to do it, then you know you are ready. Location will be EVERYTHING. Getting something open is not the problem. Staying open is. I don't like his rushed mentality and will not be contributing.

I was diagnosed with ibs at the age of fourteen, add on rheumatoid arthritis. I still manage to work. It’s not fun, but I like eating so I have no choice.
    Maybe I’m hard on him because of that, kinda like ex smokers are hardest on those who make excuses about quitting.

#273 5 years ago

His responses come too quick to be autism. In my experience, imho. But I’m not a doctor by any means.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Phat_Jay.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-plan-on-donating?tu=Phat_Jay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.