Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 288 posts
  • 104 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Scorch
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

15291162116411724680668 (resized).jpg
    custodial-wdw (resized).jpg
    dbdd1169e3a7bc4e60c2f9a40dbf995fb0c1bdfd (resized).jpg
    2017E672-7FEF-48BA-B46B-627267EBB0C8 (resized).jpeg
    Disney-Strike-2000x577 (resized).jpg
    db3be54d-star-wars-land1 (resized).jpg
    0714_nws_ocr-l-d23swland-29110 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2018-06-15-12-33-52 (resized).png
    2ca93l (resized).jpg
    2ca84h (resized).jpg
    PHA-Q (resized).PNG
    Applause.gif
    Lemonades (resized).jpeg
    D4F9C2BE-E1FA-4736-AFD8-9C2977AD1888 (resized).png
    download (3) (resized).jpg
    260a95f20b9a3e025137267bfaa12404--hurt-johnny-johnny-cash-lyrics (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 288 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
    #251 5 years ago

Why would anyone want to go to Disney to basically stand in lines all day?

#252 5 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Why would anyone want to go to Disney to basically stand in lines all day?

Ya gotta know the system and when to go! Plus they are charging so much now, I understand the midweek crowds are starting to thin out a bit. Haven't been in a few years myself. But great place to catch a buzz and take in the sights.

I only live 15 minutes from there or believe me, I wouldn't bother

#253 5 years ago

The lines getting out of Disney World where so long once, my friend and I broke out of the dry kingdom. Fought our way back to the Contemporary Hotel and had a few drinks. Bee line from Space Mountain takes you there.

#254 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I've been thinking it might be a great job for me if the smog shop ever folds up.

Or just start charging $10 an hour to get into your garage.

#255 5 years ago

I see the website mentions having movie nights....I wonder if the lawyers are on their side with the rights to publicly show those....

#256 5 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:The lines getting out of Disney World where so long once, my friend and I broke out of the dry kingdom. Fought our way back to the Contemporary Hotel and had a few drinks. Bee line from Space Mountain takes you there.

I only visited the World once in the early 90s and never actually went in. I stayed at the campground within the place because it was along the route of my journey to Key West. I said to myself at these prices I'll just go to the Land when I get home. lol. I know my way around that place. There was a pool in the campground with a game room and there was TAF and TZ sitting right next to each other brand new. So I played a little pinball and was on my way...

Quoted from pinballkim:

Or just start charging $10 an hour to get into your garage.

lol

#257 5 years ago

You could easily make it into the Magic Kindom from the Contemporary Hotel. Just a sneaky hike would get you there. That was back in the 80's. Try that today and you'd probably become a statistic.

#258 5 years ago

The worst part of this for me is that if it opens, it will literally be right down the street from me. So everybody I know will be like "Hey, you like pinball! Did you see there's a new place down the road!" I'm sure it'll start any day, now that there was an article in the Ephrata Review. Then people will be bugging me to go and I'll have to explain to them that I have no interest in paying 10 bucks an hour to play crapped up old games, when I have a much much nicer selection in my own garage. Ughhh!

#259 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinless:

I “need” $6,000 to start a business what should I do?
    A. Get a job and save my $
    B. Sell part of my toy collection that is stored in multiple family members’ homes
    C. Do odd jobs
    D. Offer my pinball tech services for hire
    E. Ask for $ on the internet from complete strangers
    Tough call.

You forgot the poor guy "might" need to take a shit so he can't work. I might have a stroke at any moment yet somehow try to go on with my life. It's not easy and my heart gives me good and bad days, but come on man, really I don't wanna hear another word from anyone about "ibs" unless it was life threatening. I deal with my heart rate due to permanent A-Fib and occasional V-Tach on a daily basis and have artificial heart valves. I'll trade both my nuts and a gallbladder for that situation. Sorry to be bitter, but when people bitch for shit that is not life threatening really bothers someone who deals with the life threatening stuff.

#260 5 years ago
    Quoted from GWalton:

The worst part of this for me is that if it opens, it will literally be right down the street from me. So everybody I know will be like "Hey, you like pinball! Did you see there's a new place down the road!" I'm sure it'll start any day, now that there was an article in the Ephrata Review. Then people will be bugging me to go and I'll have to explain to them that I have no interest in paying 10 bucks an hour to play crapped up old games, when I have a much much nicer selection in my own garage. Ughhh!

If I properly read the website paragraphs, as long as a pinball repair guide, correctly....if you dont want to play arcade games in the modern facility (not like those dark dank arcades of the 80s from before people were born to see), you will also be able to play this thing called an atari for that 10/Hr!!!!

#261 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

You forgot the poor guy "might" need to take a shit so he can't work. I might have a stroke at any moment yet somehow try to go on with my life. It's not easy and my heart gives me good and bad days, but come on man, really I don't wanna hear another word from anyone about "ibs" unless it was life threatening. I deal with my heart rate due to permanent A-Fib and occasional V-Tach on a daily basis and have artificial heart valves. I'll trade both my nuts and a gallbladder for that situation. Sorry to be bitter, but when people bitch for shit that is not life threatening really bothers someone who deals with the life threatening stuff.

Agreed. I worked full time plus, while having surgeries and radiation treatments for cancer. I wish my biggest problem was that I may need to eat or take a crap while working.

#262 5 years ago

He's been in a few TNT videos, seems like a nice guy cut him some slack.

#263 5 years ago

Take my upvote you made me choke on my beer laughing.

Indy fking jones... Attached pic of mine, just fixed the POA.... hell yeahhhhh!!!

Thank you Kimballs Pinballs

15291162116411724680668 (resized).jpg15291162116411724680668 (resized).jpg
    #264 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That is one of the many questions beggared by the non IBS portion of his pitch.
    What's the audience here? He's in the middle of nowhere next to a record store and a mom and pop Gamestop.
    He's gonna have a bunch of ratty EMs and a small selection of beat up barn find vids.
    SO who's gonna keep the lights on? Kids will have no interest in this shit. Grown ups may come once and never again.
    I hope the redemption game laws are lax in that corner of middle of nowhere PA, cause he's gonna need to do another gofundme in a few months to fund the kiddie gambling room.

PA has turned a blind eye to bingo machines. Played a Bally Miss America Deluxe in Breezewood a few months back....

#265 5 years ago

If it were not for the 10 year age difference, I’d think this dude and Michael Rotondo (the 30 year old who fought his parents’ attempt to evict him from their home) were separated at birth.

#266 5 years ago
    Quoted from gmkalos:

You know this kid is mentally retarded for real, hes been in a few TNT videos cut him some slack I'm sure he has a hard time in life.

Not in any way being a smart ass...are you being sarcastic? Basing this on how he acts in various forums/media sites/websites/videos?or do you have specific knowledge of facts??

Honestly asking.

#267 5 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Not in any way being a smart ass...are you being sarcastic? Basing this on how he acts in various forums/media sites/websites/videos?or do you have specific knowledge of facts??
    Honestly asking.

I give him props for following his dream of running an arcade and happily donated to him.

#268 5 years ago
    Quoted from gmkalos:

I hooked that kid up any chance I had

That's great.
    I bet he didn't keep telling you that you were running the shop wrong.

#269 5 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

That's great.
    I bet he didn't keep telling you that you were running the shop wrong.

#270 5 years ago
    Quoted from gmkalos:

I'm just totally speculating you can see it in any of the Allentown TNT videos he has some serious mental issues. I'm not sure what you would call them but is seems like a type of down syndrome or turrets almost? I give him props for following his dream of running an arcade and happily donated to him.
    One of the saddest things I ever witnessed running a vintage toy shop was this poor retarded kid, ward of the state, no family, this kind black guy would drive him to the store at the begging of the month. All he had to look forward to in life was collecting 1/64th scale Hummer matchbox cars, I hooked that kid up any chance I had. Money shouldn't dictate someones life, empathy is worth it's weight in gold!

I sincerely commend you for those gestures! Very nice. I have known a couple people with down syndrome, as well as turrets,autism, and aspergurs over the years(excuse my spelling). I completely understand and agree ANYBODY with those types of difficulties in life at least needs to be cut a little slack.

I admit I haven't watched many videos etc with this individual, but having never heard any specific mention, and reading his actions (which I NEVER experinced with anybody I personally know....just saying), I have had a hard timetime justifying his actions. I honestly thought he mentioned not having those kind of problems at one point, but I very well may be mistaken.

Anyway, I was just curious. And again, I commend you on your actions towards other's. For real.

#271 5 years ago

Go to min mark 55:39 I think he is autistic and he seems like a really nice guy.

#272 5 years ago
    Quoted from gmkalos:

Go to min mark 55:39 I think he is autistic and he seems like a really nice guy.

He's wearing a Led Zeppelin tour '77 shirt. I wonder if he actually went... ... I know I did.

#273 5 years ago

His responses come too quick to be autism. In my experience, imho. But I’m not a doctor by any means.

#274 5 years ago

I found another one he's in min mark 1:50

#275 5 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

His responses come too quick to be autism. In my experience, imho. But I’m not a doctor by any means.

He stated he has other health issues as well. Lets give him a break and show him some support man for the love of pinball. Believe me I'm the cynic of cynics but I'm a sucker for an underdog and this kid is ok in my book. Just off of what I've seen, he wants to work and brings nfs games to shows his heart seems to be in the right place where ours is too!

#276 5 years ago

Ground control to major Tom. The con is up. Get a job you scamming freeloader.

#277 5 years ago
    Quoted from gmkalos:

He stated he has other health issues as well. It's hard for disabled people to get ahead lets give him a break and show him some support man for the love of pinball.!

I wouldn't encourage a person with any degree of autism, bipolar, schizophrenia, or other challenging mental illness to open a public facing business. The stress and difficulties of such an endeavor could absolutely trigger episodes in susceptible populations.

IF he's actually got some mental illness than by all means let's give him support and chip in for a therapist or a social worker or to help pay for his meds or to organize an intervention with his family.

But if he's just an eccentric and self-centered 20 year old man, like his posts and videos make him appear, than he really doesn't need help from a global hobbyist community.

#278 5 years ago

People donated once and criticized us that gave good advice when he needed a sub pump, but instead bought more pins. Wonder where funds for a business will go.

#279 5 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

People donated once and criticized us that gave good advice when he needed a sub pump, but instead bought more pins. Wonder where funds for a business will go.

That's not what I read in the topic, he combined that $660 raised with his parents money and had the pump installed by a professional, well his family was getting quotes. Here's another link to the thread...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sos-in-nj-help-needed-after-flood/page/8

#280 5 years ago

I won’t donate, but I’ll refer to his handicap as an intellectual disability.

#281 5 years ago

Sorry to break the news but pump was never installed.

#282 5 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

Sorry to break the news but pump was never installed.

Are you sure about this? How do you know?

If that's the case then he should return every penny of that money, but I find that hard to believe?

#283 5 years ago

Listen Steven I'm sorry did not mean to insinuate anything man, I honestly thought you were mentally challenged. I know how it feels to feel ganged up on. I'll redact my comments and post this link to your manifesto brother so you can have your say here and defend yourself. Hope that's ok mods he's not blocked just has his account turned off.

It would be nice to definitively hear it from you that you took that $660 you last raised and got the new sump pump for your grandmothers basement and did not blow it on games, that would go a long way to build trust in raising another $6K for your venture.

#284 5 years ago

I didn't start this thread to insult the guy. I simply wanted to hear opinions on his methods is all. Please refrain from insults and amateur medical diagnoses.

#285 5 years ago

Track record to me is all that matters, I remember him asking the community for junk EM's about a year ago or go and I defended him then too. Not because of anything to do with his appearance but just the fact he was so straight forward about it and his own financial disposition it was refreshing. That's when I researched him and remembered seeing him on a few TNT videos, I'm on video #954 so I don't think dumb ass people are exclusively on Todd's show trust me! lol

Understand this many Pinsiders here have been ripped-off by scammers and are the same people over on KLOV too were all in the amusements community. Trusting people is getting harder and harder to do these days with everybody doing deals and hiding behind avatars. Open transparency is the only way these days, reputation and accomplishments are what gives you that street cred nothing else. And Pinside acts like a security check to either vouch for someone or feed them to the wolves, price of doing business take it or leave it.

#286 5 years ago

I never wish ANYONE ill will. I want Steven to listen to people for his own good! He is young and without college or real world business education/experience. He needs to be careful. Most people work up to the "dream" not start at the "dream" without weighing many variables. I hope he has enough money to weather the storm so to speak. I'm concerned for the kid is all. These things tend to not go as planned.

#287 5 years ago
    Quoted from gmkalos:

I don't think dumb ass people are exclusively on Todd's show trust me! lol

Don't sell him short.

#288 5 years ago

I'm in the camp of give this guy a break.

He's still young.... at 20 years old I was still in college earning my engineering degree (getting hammered every single night).

I (and probably most people that are no longer in their 20's), understand the value of money and would never ask others to donate to a money making business venture, but I don't think he's had enough life experience to realize what he's actually doing is actually wrong.... he just think he's crowd funding his dreams. He doesn't want to sell his machines because that is part of his business plan... I totally understand that.

I also take a lot of offense to those calling him "retarded". Both my children are diagnosed with mental retardation and autism. Throwing around the R word is very disrespectful. Those that actually have mental retardation (IQ of less than 75) fight an uphill battle every single moment of their lives and those that are able to effectively function in society should be encouraged and not made fun of.

There are 288 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-plan-on-donating/page/6?hl=lovelycoconuts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.