Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 288 posts
  • 104 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Scorch
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

15291162116411724680668 (resized).jpg
    custodial-wdw (resized).jpg
    dbdd1169e3a7bc4e60c2f9a40dbf995fb0c1bdfd (resized).jpg
    2017E672-7FEF-48BA-B46B-627267EBB0C8 (resized).jpeg
    Disney-Strike-2000x577 (resized).jpg
    db3be54d-star-wars-land1 (resized).jpg
    0714_nws_ocr-l-d23swland-29110 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2018-06-15-12-33-52 (resized).png
    2ca93l (resized).jpg
    2ca84h (resized).jpg
    PHA-Q (resized).PNG
    Applause.gif
    Lemonades (resized).jpeg
    D4F9C2BE-E1FA-4736-AFD8-9C2977AD1888 (resized).png
    download (3) (resized).jpg
    260a95f20b9a3e025137267bfaa12404--hurt-johnny-johnny-cash-lyrics (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 288 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
    #51 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

"The big boys say it takes millions of dollars to build a brick and mortar arcade, with all their fancy overhead, red tape, working games, paid staff, advertising budgets, and properly licensed and inspected facilities. Here at Otaku/Interlock LLC, I can do it for only SIX THOUSAND DOLLARS! That's only 10 times what it cost Pinside to fix my flooded basement and buy me a Team One!!!
    DONATE NOW!"

LOL, dude, next time I'm in NYC we gotta meet. You crack me up.

#52 5 years ago

OK, I went through and tried to give everyone in the thread a like on this one. If I missed you, mea culpa.

Nothing unites the EM guys like Otaku.

#53 5 years ago

EM's in Amish country. Sounds like a band name. Where did the money for any of these games come from if he has never sold one or has never worked? I don't think his folks are chunked but I could be wrong.

#54 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

Where did the money for any of these games come from if he has never sold one or has never worked?

Perhaps from the other times he asked for donations?

#55 5 years ago

"Cancer patients don't work. Polio victims are in an iron lung for gods sake they don't work. Schizophrenics are in mental asylums or at being kept at home, they don't work. Alzheimers patients often need helping cleaning up after themselves and showering I doubt they work. And it's not that I can't work, I can't work comfortably or physically for others very well - so I choose to do so myself and rock at it thank you."

from

https://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=421835

#56 5 years ago

Anthony Bordian was turned into ashes today and Otaku still shits himself on this earth?

#57 5 years ago
    Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Because loans require monthly payments with interest added.
    Ain’t nobody got time for that!

Yep - here's his explanation in his own words.

Quoted from Otaku:

am not a big believer in loans or credit cards because I have seen them destroy people so I do what I can to stay away from them, loans can be good but I think not getting one and dealing with the Pinside backlash is a much more mature decision than getting one against my car and not being sure I could even pay it back in time. It something else comes up to where I wouldn't be able to pay it back I am screwed. And that is not a good decision.

#58 5 years ago
    2c8ld0 (resized).jpg2c8ld0 (resized).jpg
    #59 5 years ago
    Quoted from SunKing:

Yep - here's his explanation in his own words.

Translation on that..."Nobody in his right mind would loan me $10.00.

#60 5 years ago

The thing I hate most about people like him is they are completely impervious to self-reflection or learning actual life lessons. No amount of good advice or legitimate help would actually make him realize the error of his ways and it's so frustrating that they can't be helped to help themselves, nor will you ever get the satisfaction of them realizing you were right.

#61 5 years ago

Just an incredibly lazy shiftless little piece of crap.

#62 5 years ago

I'm so 20th Century. I don't do Facebook. No Snapchat. No this. And No That. I have known 3-4 people who took their stuff to go fund me. Basically, they were begging but couching it under the charity banner. The money went to pay last months rent, etc.

Instead of go fund me, it should be called, " Please toss something into my tin cup".

#63 5 years ago

My Mom - who was about 30 years older than Interlock - managed to have "emergency gall bladder surgery" (is there any other kind?!) and still go to work for another decade.

Can't speak for the Irritable Bowel Syndrome though.

#64 5 years ago

A very good friend of mine just split up with his (apparently legit) crazy wife, has 2 kids to take care of and did not have enough money to do a first / last month deposit for a new apartment (for him and his 2 kids). He is a schoolteacher and I don’t know what happened with the wife but it sorta sounds like she cleaned him out and skipped town. Their house is being foreclosed on I guess (not sure the full story there) This is the nicest guy you’ll ever meet. I never met the wife, but she better hope it stays that way. He had to do a go fund me to ask his friends and family to help him get by so they are literally not out on the street. I gave him some go fund me cash. Not this one though.

#65 5 years ago

My neighbour has IBS & he's a butcher at Walmart. Just sayin'.
    Edit: He has Crohns.

#66 5 years ago
    Quoted from Topher5000:

..Just sayin'....

Don't buy Walmrt meat, gotcha.

#67 5 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-does-one-make-pinball-a-living

Remember when I started this thread? Led to some terrific PMs, with some terrific people full of amazing advice. It was wonderful.

@Otaku, open some EM museum in a rural area, with other people's money was not a recommendation from anyone.

This guy, and his gofundme, is downright offensive. Even I recognize this guy is delusional - asking for $6K - for opening costs, is laughable for every conceivable reason.

#68 5 years ago

His business model is nuts. The tyranny of the math says so.

#69 5 years ago

Where is his family to stop this BS. He obviously has some mental issues. It's not a stretch to say he's not all there. I feel bad for the guy because this is gonna blow up in his face. He needs an intervention, it seems.

#70 5 years ago

This reminds me of Rusty Quarters Arcade. If you want some laughs search the forums over on KLOV for "Rusty Quarters"

#71 5 years ago

Honestly it's great to see this level of passion in younger folks. I can't help but worry that it could be coming from something like bipolar disorder though.

#72 5 years ago
    Quoted from FlippyD:

Honestly it's great to see this level of passion in younger folks.

I had the same kind of passion when I was young. And the ambition to go along with it.

Back in the days before the internet and gofundmes and other handouts, you know what we did when we wanted money for something?

We went to work or got whatever job we could no matter how menial the pay. Or even dug bottles and cans out of trash cans.
    _44712249_paperboy466getty (resized).jpg_44712249_paperboy466getty (resized).jpg

#73 5 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-this-how-he-acted-here

Remember this thread?

Pepperidge Farms remembersBut_Pepperidge_Farm_aint_just_gonna_keep_it_to_Pepperidge__5c6a319f9b808bca3f929f02bc45f1b8 (resized).pngBut_Pepperidge_Farm_aint_just_gonna_keep_it_to_Pepperidge__5c6a319f9b808bca3f929f02bc45f1b8 (resized).png

#74 5 years ago

No

#75 5 years ago

Can’t work cause he has IBS...

77AB6788-D60E-4B57-9A04-3F496EE01CD3 (resized).jpeg77AB6788-D60E-4B57-9A04-3F496EE01CD3 (resized).jpeg
    #76 5 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

This reminds me of Rusty Quarters Arcade. If you want some laughs search the forums over on KLOV for "Rusty Quarters"

I was kind of thinking of "Tech Noir Pizza". Another classic over there.

#77 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Or even dug bottles and cans out of trash cans.

My sister and I would go over to the driving range and find golf balls in the corn field for cash.

#78 5 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

My sister and I would go over to the driving range and find golf balls in the corn field for cash.

Yeah, but... IBS!

The more you know...

#79 5 years ago

Pennsylvania has a bad heroin problem, maybe he could start slinging bricks of smack.

#81 5 years ago

Go mow lawns, deliver pizza, and service old ladies like the rest of us with a dream d.b. ..........

#82 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

My Mom - who was about 30 years older than Interlock - managed to have "emergency gall bladder surgery" (is there any other kind?!) and still go to work for another decade.
    Can't speak for the Irritable Bowel Syndrome though.

I can, i have IBS and I work like a mother fucker, I just plan a head and be close to a shitter if I need one.

#83 5 years ago

Hi there, I'm the owner of this business. I would like to respectfully ask that before people continue on the flame war (which they will), to recognize that I didn't post this here and my link was shared out of some sort of anger or jest. If you're going to chalk me up for anything, at least don't chalk me up for asking for donations here on Pinside in form of a thread, because that is not something I did (which the OP clearly took the initiative to do).

I'm not asking for donations on KLOV or Pinside and it's a local fundraiser which you clearly took the initiative to find and dig up considering you live across the country. It's going great thanks. As it is a local fundraiser and you're clearly not interested in donating, I would appreciate if you kept it off of here to begin with, it's not "ala Rusty Quarters" where I am here begging the arcade community for money but rather for local folks who are interested in helping out with some of our rudimentary expenses. Asking for donations for an arcade on KLOV and Pinside is not something I'm interested in doing (especially after my last fiasco for something I didn't deserve in any right), and I'm not sure why I'm getting flamed for it and compared to Rusty Quarters/Tech Noir as I didn't come here asking for help at all.

This is a small fundraiser to help what we're already putting into it, I am not like others where I wake up one day with big dreams, fundraise the next day and start out with no money other than that, and then blow all of my money on games because I don't have a collection and have no money left for my business (but walk away happy with games, ala Rusty Quarters).

A) This has been in the works for years and I have been very patient to ensure success.

B) I already have the collection for the museum owned and paid off (which would be a huge expense otherwise and is why other fundraisers fail very early on)

C) We're investing a lot of money and time for ourselves, and is going just fine. This fundraiser is to help take some of the edge off through the help of our local community hence the low goal amount, and lots have been very generous with support so far.

Thanks for your interest, and thanks for the free exposure - but I'm not interested in discussing further.

We're getting a lot of great input from our town and many different local news platforms if anybody is interested in reading more:

http://www.ephratareview.com/news/ne...from-the-past/

https://www.flyafter5.com/arts-and-l...4bfeaf443.html

P.S.: The whole "spent donations on a game" thing is a pure lie, and the donations went towards fixing up the basement that previously held my games. I went to Pinfest the following month and bought two machines for a family member with their money, and somebody there decided to turn it into a giant conspiracy when they saw me wheeling it to my car. Get over it. I have no regrets about it at all and it was a great asset to both me and my games. Welcome to the 21st century, buckle and and get comfy. GoFundMe is a hit and does a lot of great things for a lot of people and there's absolutely no shame in that.

My IBS is something that is quite a nuisance in normal life but when managed allows me to live a relatively normal life. It's hard, because it is one of those "invisible diseases" that can't be seen and can only be felt. I see how it's hard to understand when people see me around toting 300 pound games with no problem, but the problems come more in the form of lack of good planning and management rather than being a 24/7 physical burden. I live a relatively normal life (aside from constantly planning around my stomach), in which I can do decently well besides some fatigue and nausea, but it's when I slip up or don't get the necessary things I need to cater to my disease that all hell breaks loose. I'm grateful after many years I have managed it to the point that it is like this and that allows me to run a business as I feel fit.

A lot of you claim to be experts in this thread and talk about how you see me trucking around games just fine at shows "so I must be okay" but you don't see me taking breaks and naps in my car at the show to avoid my body melting down on me, and don't see me suffering in pain that night because I got a little too excited in my love of pinball and forgot to eat soon enough. You clearly are very misinformed.

Starting my business to help manage my IBS was actually a big part of it. If I don't eat quite often I end up digesting stomach bile as a result of an emergency surgery a few years back. If I eat? I'm fine. If I don't eat? I curl up in a ball in pain while my stomach digests itself. It's a night and day difference, but as long as I manage it well, I'm okay.

Being able to have my own business will benefit me as we'll have a nice Steven-stocked refrigerator full of my specialty foods I can eat, most of which need to remain refrigerated throughout the day.

It's difficult for me to hold a normal job as A) I wouldn't be able to take enough breaks to eat, and B) because I wouldn't be offered the necessary storage and break requirements needed for my food and drinks.

I qualify for disability and if I was that full of my self as people here like to say, I would be using it. But no, I want to work (which is a big gripe the older folk have with my generation - but not me!), and I want to support my family in the truest way possible, and can't wait for my business to begin. It's happening whether people here like it or not and will have a big grin on my face during our grand opening, as again, this is only an "auxiliary fundraiser" and we will be opening regardless.

I'll see you guys at the upcoming pinball shows at my booth for Gameseum, come say hello to me!

#84 5 years ago

Also, I'm aware replying here is almost a waste of time, so I won't be reading or replying to this thread after this. Things are going great locally and I've never had issues with anybody besides the cliques of Pinside and KLOV, both of which are very easy to ignore even if you are in the pinball community. Thanks for your interest!

When creating this fundraiser I made it with the intentions to not insert it into your space and business here on Pinside so I would appreciate it if you could stay out of mine. Those who say I'm too boneheaded to learn any of their lessons are more likely experiencing the fact that I recognize I do not need your outdated advice, so do not excuse my self-awareness with stupidity just because you disagree with my opinions. I am not "riding blind", I am very aware of what people are saying, but that does not mean I agree with or utilize every piece of information here, because frankly I disagree with a lot of it. I'm not ignoring your words and advice, I'm rejecting them and making decisions on what I feel is right and know that I'm doing okay.

The internet is a weird place filled with lots of rumors and words on both sides so rather than forming opinions based on the happenings of Pinside I encourage a lot of you to stop by at our booth at upcoming pinball shows to meet me, have a chat, and see some of what we're going to have to offer.

I have a lot of regrets from my younger years here at Pinside (and I apologize for those things), some things I don't regret, but following my dreams and opening up my arcade and museum will never be one of them, and I'm going to keep shooting for the stars no matter what any of you say. I won't judge you if you stop by once we're open.

Thanks for your time.

Steven

#85 5 years ago

Decent reply.

#87 5 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Hi there, I'm the owner of this business. I would like to respectfully ask that before people continue on the flame war (which they will), to recognize that I didn't post this here and my link was shared out of some sort of anger or jest. If you're going to chalk me up for anything, at least don't chalk me up for asking for donations here on Pinside in form of a thread, because that is not something I did (which the OP clearly took the initiative to do).
    I'm not asking for donations on KLOV or Pinside and it's a local fundraiser which you clearly took the initiative to find and dig up considering you live across the country. It's going great thanks. As it is a local fundraiser and you're clearly not interested in donating, I would appreciate if you kept it off of here to begin with, it's not "ala Rusty Quarters" where I am here begging the arcade community for money but rather for local folks who are interested in helping out with some of our rudimentary expenses. Asking for donations for an arcade on KLOV and Pinside is not something I'm interested in doing (especially after my last fiasco for something I didn't deserve in any right), and I'm not sure why I'm getting flamed for it and compared to Rusty Quarters/Tech Noir as I didn't come here asking for help at all.
    This is a small fundraiser to help what we're already putting into it, I am not like others where I wake up one day with big dreams, fundraise the next day and start out with no money other than that, and then blow all of my money on games because I don't have a collection and have no money left for my business (but walk away happy with games, ala Rusty Quarters).
    A) This has been in the works for years and I have been very patient to ensure success.
    B) I already have the collection for the museum owned and paid off (which would be a huge expense otherwise and is why other fundraisers fail very early on)
    C) We're investing a lot of money and time for ourselves, and is going just fine. This fundraiser is to help take some of the edge off through the help of our local community hence the low goal amount, and lots have been very generous with support so far.
    Thanks for your interest, and thanks for the free exposure - but I'm not interested in discussing further.
    We're getting a lot of great input from our town and many different local news platforms if anybody is interested in reading more:
    P.S.: The whole "spent donations on a game" thing is a pure lie, and the donations went towards fixing up the basement that previously held my games. I went to Pinfest the following month and bought two machines for a family member with their money, and somebody there decided to turn it into a giant conspiracy when they saw me wheeling it to my car. Get over it. I have no regrets about it at all and it was a great asset to both me and my games. Welcome to the 21st century, buckle and and get comfy. GoFundMe is a hit and does a lot of great things for a lot of people and there's absolutely no shame in that.
    My IBS is something that is quite a nuisance in normal life but when managed allows me to live a relatively normal life. It's hard, because it is one of those "invisible diseases" that can't be seen and can only be felt. I see how it's hard to understand when people see me around toting 300 pound games with no problem, but the problems come more in the form of lack of good planning and management rather than being a 24/7 physical burden. I live a relatively normal life (aside from constantly planning around my stomach), in which I can do decently well besides some fatigue and nausea, but it's when I slip up or don't get the necessary things I need to cater to my disease that all hell breaks loose. I'm grateful after many years I have managed it to the point that it is like this and that allows me to run a business as I feel fit.
    Starting my business to help manage my IBS was actually a big part of it. If I don't eat quite often I end up digesting stomach bile as a result of an emergency surgery a few years back. If I eat? I'm fine. If I don't eat? I curl up in a ball in pain while my stomach digests itself. It's a night and day difference, but as long as I manage it well, I'm okay.
    Being able to have my own business will benefit me as we'll have a nice Steven-stocked refrigerator full of my specialty foods I can eat, most of which need to remain refrigerated throughout the day.
    It's difficult for me to hold a normal job as A) I wouldn't be able to take enough breaks to eat, and B) because I wouldn't be offered the necessary storage and break requirements needed for my food and drinks.
    I qualify for disability and if I was that full of my self as people here like to say, I would be using it. But no, I want to work (which is a big gripe the older folk have with my generation - but not me!), and I want to support my family in the truest way possible, and can't wait for my business to begin. It's happening whether people here like it or not and will have a big grin on my face during our grand opening, as again, this is only an "auxiliary fundraiser" and we will be opening regardless.
    I'll see you guys at the upcoming pinball shows at my booth for Gameseum, come say hello to me!

Totally Rusty Quarters...

#88 5 years ago

I think it boils down to: you acted dishonestly and like a putz and — SURPRISE! — people remember that.

So the fact that you didn’t start this thread is irrelevant. Your name is brought up here and it does not go over well.

People — many of whom own or have owned successful businesses — you ask for money have every right to give you good (not outdated) business advice. And you have a right to not listen to it. But don’t act surprised or indignant when people are hostile to your approach to all this.

Now run along.

#89 5 years ago

Interesting turn of events

#90 5 years ago

How do I become a arcade legend?

#91 5 years ago

I would at least change the name of the place to something that does not sound so "confusing" when spoken aloud. Lancaster county outside the city proper is really_ conservative.

#92 5 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

If you're going to chalk me up for anything, at least don't chalk me up for asking for donations here on Pinside in form of a thread, because that is not something I did

...well - you DID - but not this time.

Quoted from Otaku:

it's not "ala Rusty Quarters" where I am here begging the arcade community for money but rather for local folks who are interested in helping out

At least you admit to begging. Acknowledging your problem is the first step in recovery.

Quoted from Otaku:

...followed by A TON of further discussion

Quoted from Otaku:

I won't be reading or replying to this thread after this.

Promise?

#93 5 years ago

Man, a lot of guys wasting time typing their thoughts on this person. Plenty of worthwhile issues to get worked up about and this isn't one of them. Most of you come across as dick heads with your insults and smack talk.Just an FYI.

My answer to the question posed is short and to the point. Nope.

#94 5 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

I'm not asking for donations on KLOV or Pinside and it's a local fundraiser which you clearly took the initiative to find and dig up considering you live across the country. It's going great thanks. As it is a local fundraiser and you're clearly not interested in donating, I would appreciate if you kept it off of here to begin with, it's not "ala Rusty Quarters" where I am here begging the arcade community for money but rather for local folks who are interested in helping out with some of our rudimentary expenses.

I saw where you posted it on an EM pinball Facebook page, with 4.1k members from around the world, many of which I know are also on Pinside. How is that looking for local support? I'm from NJ....hardly across the country. How about offering free admission to financial supporters? Its just immature to ask for handouts with nothing to give in return.

#95 5 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:Most of you come across as dick heads with your insults

We're just glad you're not the kind that would throw insults around.

#96 5 years ago

TLDR - Just stop man. If you really wanted to stop people from calling you out then simply give everyone who donated to your basement spill their money back or donate it to pinside or a charity. I think that would go along way.

Quoted from Otaku:

A lot of you claim to be experts in this thread and talk about how you see me trucking around games just fine at shows "so I must be okay" but you don't see me taking breaks and naps in my car at the show to avoid my body melting down on me, and don't see me suffering in pain that night because I got a little too excited in my love of pinball and forgot to eat soon enough. You clearly are very misinformed.

#97 5 years ago

Steven, I hope all your hopes and dreams aren't resting on this endeavor. Don't be too disappointed if it's not everything you want it to be.

#98 5 years ago

This would have been a great business to open.....
    If the year was 1980
    Good luck but don’t be surprised by the harsh reality of the real world.
    I hope you bought the location you intend to use and plan to live there too.
    rent and utilities to power a hundred machines and A/C are going to cost a small fortune.

#99 5 years ago
    Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I hope you bought the location you intend to use.

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
    #100 5 years ago

Wow. Wonder if this kid has any real insight on what it takes to open this business. Rent, electricity, water, bathrooms, etc. Snack bar? Food service license. How about insurance? Especially liability. Signage, advertising.....and so on. Handicap accessibility.

What happens if someone comes through the door looking for a little street tax? Scam artists, thieves. Upkeep on the equipment.

Oh boy is he in for a surprise!

There are 288 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-plan-on-donating/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.