(Topic ID: 291727)

Anyone place an order from Pinbits Recently?

By Lovef2k

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Placed order on March 28th. No order confirmation, no tracking, no response to emails. Next step is to call them.

#2 3 years ago

There is another thread on this, don't think they are active.

#3 3 years ago

I tried calling a couple weeks ago a few time with a question and no one answered.

#5 3 years ago

No response over the last few months to my Jan. 21 order including to my emails and phone calls. I initiated a paypal dispute today.

#6 3 years ago

Yes Pinbits has fallen off the face of the earth ,,, no orders taken or fulfilled, no answers to emails or phone calls. It has been many months since any activity from them, do Not order from them , as you will ultimately be ignored and nothing will be shipped ,,,,Once a thriving Company with very cool mods has gone dark ,,, sad

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from BigalzPinz:

Yes Pinbits has fallen off the face of the earth ,,, no orders taken or fulfilled, no answers to emails or phone calls. It has been many months since any activity from them, do Not order from them , as you will ultimately be ignored and nothing will be shipped ,,,,Once a thriving Company with very cool mods has gone dark ,,, sad

It doesn't make sense. Their website is running and taking payments. Now I have to contact PayPal.

#8 2 years ago

It's been a few days since filing report w paypal. Still no contact from Pam.

#9 2 years ago

Yes I ordered from them as well recently and when I received no response to my emails or any shipping notification......I found the above thread about them not really in business...will do a PayPal dispute soon as well

#10 2 years ago

I'm a little surprised that paypal hasn't frozen their account yet with so many disputes being filed.

#11 2 years ago

I live close and picked up parts in person from their home a few years ago. Super nice people. Unfortunately, I can't remember their address. Not that I would go knock on their door, but maybe have police do a welfare check on them. Hopefully they're ok.

#12 2 years ago

Seems like they where up in age and business had been on decline for a couple years. They should of have the decency to close down the ordering site.

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

Seems like they where up in age and business had been on decline for a couple years. They should of have the decency to close down the ordering site.

They were not that "up in age". Depending on your definition, I guess. They have always been responsible sellers and very nice. This is unusual.

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

My thoughts exactly.

#15 2 years ago

Make a claim with paypal, you will get your money back. I did this months ago, I don’t understand why they are still accepting orders.
    They will be missed, they made the best protectors.

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from rx3:

They were not that "up in age". Depending on your definition, I guess. They have always been responsible sellers and very nice. This is unusual.

Really, I had a booth at Expo back 4 or 5 years ago and met them and I swear he was like 60-65 then. IDK, maybe I met the dad of whoever runs it or something??

#17 2 years ago

You are correct Woody76, they are in their mid to late 60’sAnybody live in Fremont , CA or nearby , I have their address from a previous order , drop over and ask “ wazzzz up ??

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from BigalzPinz:

You are correct Woody76, they are in their mid to late 60’sAnybody live in Fremont , CA or nearby , I have their address from a previous order , drop over and ask “ wazzzz up ??

Call Fremont Police (510) 790-6800, give them the address and ask if they can do a welfare check to make sure Pam and Martin are ok. Tell the police they are not responding to emails nor phone calls from several people that have tried to contact them. They will check on them.

#19 2 years ago

My unfulfilled order was Jan 28th 2021. No contact from Pam since then.

#20 2 years ago

Paypal refunded me today. Took only 10 days from filing the dispute.

1 week later
    #21 2 years ago

It sounds like the couple is fine as they just posted something on their website about not shipping internationally. Not sure why they just don't shut it down as its completely mismanaged.

#22 2 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

It sounds like the couple is fine as they just posted something on their website about not shipping internationally. Not sure why they just don't shut it down as its completely mismanaged.

That post was from May 2 2020 - over a year ago.

#23 2 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

That post was from May 2 2020 - over a year ago.

Oh .... even worse

#24 2 years ago

I'm still waiting on PayPal to resolve this.

#25 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lovef2k:

I'm still waiting on PayPal to resolve this.

If you haven't done so already, "escalate" your dispute with Paypal (there should be a button or something to click on when you view your claim in Paypal). This will cut out the mandatory waiting period for the seller to respond and resolve it more quickly.

#26 2 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

If you haven't done so already, "escalate" your dispute with Paypal (there should be a button or something to click on when you view your claim in Paypal). This will cut out the mandatory waiting period for the seller to respond and resolve it more quickly.

Yes I did that. They have until may 14th to respond.

#27 2 years ago

I'm telling you...I'd like to just buy that company and restore it to its former glory. They had great stuff and great service. No idea what happened...

#28 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm telling you...I'd like to just buy that company and restore it to its former glory. They had great stuff and great service. No idea what happened...

Heard that! I wish somebody could take over Pinball Rescue as well. They are almost done.

#29 2 years ago

You have to remember that Pinbits went silent when the Pandemic was first getting started, even tho I think this was just a part time gig for them, I'm sure it had something to do with them dropping off the face of the earth. I guess we can all just speculate, until someone hears from them. There's no doubt they had some of the best mods for Pins. Like Iv'e mentioned before, the business address is in Fremont, Ca ,,,, someone nearby could try a stop over and ask if they are still in business or have the Police do a welfare check.....

#30 2 years ago

Yes I got screwed out of 37 bucks on a Cirqus Voltaire ramp guide. Ordered in early March. Nothing.
    Very pissed. AVOID This company. I WILL get my money back.

#31 2 years ago

you know it takes 2 seconds to take down a website if you dont plan to do business. I will report this company as interstate fraud. You take peoples money and dont deliver, karma will get you eventually too.

#33 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

It's not that easy. You can buy it, but you wouldn't get Martin's designing talent, so it would end up being "just another" pinball company. But, I get your point.

#34 2 years ago

Paypal processed my refund today. It's a shame, I'd rather have my F2K clear plastics.

3 months later
    #35 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lovef2k:

Paypal processed my refund today. It's a shame, I'd rather have my F2K clear plastics.

Anyone heard from Pinbits lately? Their website is still active.

#36 2 years ago

Yes I would love to know if Martin and Pam are ok? It all seems so odd to me to go from a well-respected parts supplier for so long to just.... disappear with no explanation?

#37 2 years ago

So no other source for auto eddy boards?

#38 2 years ago

Add me to the pile. Wish I'd seen this before ordering a set of Star Trek Next Gen ramps... Off to PayPal I go

#39 2 years ago

Pinbits is done , top of the line mods and parts , but they’ve gone dark for well over a year now, Steer Clear !!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-place-an-order-from-pinbits-recently?hl=jesperpark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.