(Topic ID: 45074)

Anyone part of the WOZ Dirty Dozen already "called" by Jack...

By iceman44

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 408 posts
  • 112 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by TomGWI
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dldL6.gif
lineup.jpg
animated_predator.gif
image.jpg
box.JPG
images_(6).jpg
golden_egg.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomgwi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#87 11 years ago

I will feel a lot better once I hear others have received their games. Too many statements that games will ship for the past years at different times. If I don't see my game by the next Hobbit payment I will not continue with the Hobbit.

#137 11 years ago

More of the same. Delays and failed promises. Sad.

#158 11 years ago

I heard the twelve are actually going to munchkins in MunchkinLand.

#180 11 years ago

Is it February 2nd? It sure fells like GroundHog Day.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#183 11 years ago

#190 11 years ago

I have no problem with Jack taking his time.

The problem is he says games will start to ship by a certain date and they don't.

Now I can clearly understand that issues and delays can happen. However, the mythical shipping dates continue to pile up. Either you have a game to ship or you don't. It's really that simple.

#272 11 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

We need a question mark button next to the thumbs. I do not get it. You are al over the place there.

No, every dime I spend on pinball is a write off in my book. In this case I can still get it back if I want but I have made a decision as an adult to spend my money where I want. I am not sticking up for Jack, I am telling the whiners to stop telling me that Jack pulled a fast one(over two years), my money is gone, he lied because he though he could finish the game faster, the game looks good if you ever see it, and the flippers suck. STFU and let us try and enjoy the game we love on a great site that Robin wants to stay positive. We can critique without being negative. Just because a person is trying to be positive, it does not mean they have some syndrome and will follow somebody off a cliff.

I give a thumbs up when I agree with something someone says. I didn't realize I needed a your approval. Good, bad, ugly I can see points to both sides.

#279 11 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

Relax. I don't see anywhere where he's objecting to your use of "thumbs up". As far as I read it, he's saying he can't make sense of your post (the top one I quote here - read it again) and there needs to be the equivalent of a "WTF" button to indicate confusion over a post!

I am relaxed.

Since no one can make sense of my post, I will just quote RobT's. He summed up my thoughts pretty well.

Quoted from RobT:

I think the problem is that at this point in the game, many people are starting to believe that it is more than being overly optimistic, and people are wondering WTF is going on.
Saying that you are going to ship a new pin from a new pinball company by December 2011 (about a year after starting the business) was overly optimistic.
Subsequently saying you will have test pins on location by Memorial Day 2012 was more reasonable, if not still a bit optimistic.
Saying you will be shipping pins to customers by June or July 2012 was more reasonable, if not still a bit optimistic.
Subsequently saying pins will ship by Christmas 2012 (a year later than originally announced and two years after the company was formed) was reasonable.
Subsequently saying pins will ship by March 2013 is one or two delays too many for a lot of people.
Missing yet another shipping date (March 2013) for reasons largely unknown is getting to be a harder pill to swallow for even the most ardent JJP supporters.
At some point you have to wonder just how much longer this is going to take and if they even know what they are doing. Hell, it's pretty much a given that WOZ will ship with some of most incomplete code of any pin ever.
But I guess that's not anything that anyone should criticize. I know I never criticize Stern for shipping pins with incomplete code.

#281 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I have no problem with Jack taking his time.
The problem is he says games will start to ship by a certain date and they don't.
Now I can clearly understand that issues and delays can happen. However, the mythical shipping dates continue to pile up. Either you have a game to ship or you don't. It's really that simple.

Changed my post so it is more understandable.

#326 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So.....I applaud Jack for taking a stance on the Woz forum and for me that is enough said and I'll wait patiently and happily for Woz
Terry got it right, Rommy, etc. we all grow our businesses one day and piece at a time and its an evolution from day one, I think back where I was on day one and now and can't believe the journey I've taken, the fun I've had etc. and all the struggles then and now make it so worthwhile...
As JJP fixes the speed bumps and puts the process in place, its going to be a phenomenal thing to look forward to for pins #2 and beyond....
All this said, there is nothing wrong with being CRITICAL folks, how you take the criticism and grow from is the measure of a man! Here is the real deal in a nutshell..
My dad was a throwback coach and he was brutal to his players during games, not because he disliked them but because he wanted to win and have them do better...he had great chemistry with his players because after the game he would be laughing and joking with them, they respected him and knew it wasn't personal, those players shared the same passion for success on and off the court....
We all share the same passion for pinball and its future success with JJP, we can holler, scream, whine, cry, complain, whatever, but whether or not you have skin in the game or not, the fact that we are critical is not personal and a positive thing....I don't need some yes man telling me what I'm doing right all day and patting me on the back, be critical of me and tell me what I'm doing wrong so I can fix it....
So, like my dad would tell players that complained about being yelled at or criticized......"You better worry about the day that I stop getting on you, that means I don't care anymore, you are on the end of the bench and soon to be out of a job!"..........
So based on all the criticism of JJP, Stern, Jpop, Skitb, Spooky....I think its a good thing and means they are doing something right because we care so passionately!
Rock and roll brothers...

Well said Iceman,

I also applaud Jack for making a statement. I just hope we are weeks away from games shipping and there are no more dates mentioned. When it's done, it's done. Still looking forward to WOZ.

#338 11 years ago
Quoted from PurpleTophat:

Coke vs. Pepsi, Raw vs. Nitro, Stern vs. Jersey Jack... This is great! I couldn't possibly afford a NIB pin, but in the end, this whole thing will just make the hobby that much better. Bicker and bicker and bicker! Choose sides! Hurl insults! It just makes both teams work even harder to make better and better product!
Create drama! Drama draws people in. We need as many people in this hobby as possible! We need as many companies producing pins as we can get!
Haha! People like me have to rely on the secondary market, so the more machines there are out there, the better chance I have of being able to afford one years later...

I like Pepsi and Raw. .

#360 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yes! Anyone get or play one of the Nemo games?
How many is jpop making?...I thought it was only a few...

I thought Magic Girl was about 12-15 games and BHZA about 100-150.

#408 11 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Wow. That was more comprehensible. See what a bit of thought and punctuation can do? (Liesson to all Pinsiders!)

So are you one of those college professors who teach Philosophy?
Thanks for understanding.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 91.00
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomgwi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-part-of-the-woz-dirty-dozen-already-called-by-jack?tu=tomgwi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.