(Topic ID: 45074)

Anyone part of the WOZ Dirty Dozen already "called" by Jack...

By iceman44

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 408 posts
  • 112 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by TomGWI
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dldL6.gif
lineup.jpg
animated_predator.gif
image.jpg
box.JPG
images_(6).jpg
golden_egg.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sunfox.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I believe there is a gag order in effect. Similar to the one for LOTR.

At least you've learned to use the words "I believe" on these conjectures of yours.

But yeah, Jack did say he wouldn't ship incomplete software, but clearly developing an entire pinball platform turned into a far more time consuming ordeal. I note he hasn't made that claim in quite a while - probably well over a year.

In the end, I'm not as worried about a game merely coming out with incomplete software, as I am with an obviously incomplete game having erratic updates and no guarantee of eventual completion (see: almost every recent Stern). I expect programming work for WOZ to continue as top priority at JJP, and for updates to be frequent, until such time as Keith's happy and even jaded Pinsiders can declare it finished.

And if that's not the case... well, I'm sure there are plenty of non-WOZ owners who will be more than happy to gloat to all of Pinside about it!

#251 11 years ago

At least one of your posts still remains, so you haven't been completely wiped out of existance:

On Dec 8, 1:10 pm, Jim T wrote:

> Does not look like betas in December.
> Does not look like shipping in March.
> Does not look like a house or feet that can be easily manufactured.
> DOES look a little like the Rolex I bought for $200 after a night of
> drinking...

> Anyone else a little concerned?

(As a minor aside... between July 1st and July 31th 2011, the price for WOZ was $7000, not $7500. That price didn't come into effect until August 1st, 2011. Regardless, if you've been unhappy for so long, you absolutely should not have hung around. Simply get your money back and move on to greener pastures.)

#268 11 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

It's cool. I was just commenting on the generic just get your money back comment. So tired of hearing that. No pin is worth ruining your life over.
Pappy

That's the whole point, isn't it? I mean when people complain the game's taking too long and people respond with "get your money back", that's not the correct answer.

But when someone posts a diatribe that they've been lied to, disrespected, has gotten into fights with his wife over it, lost "credibility" with his family, says he'd rather have spent the money on vacations or his kids' college funds... and yet he's done nothing... I personally think that's very worthy of a "why the f*@$ haven't you gotten your money back yet" post.

#274 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I have no problem with Jack taking his time but when you hear that games will start to ship and there and everywhere and this month period you start wondering and think come on already either you know what you are doing or you don't. I'm sure Jack would do the same if he was the buyer and not the seller. Just my two cents.

Quoted from absocountry2:

We need a question mark button next to the thumbs. I do not get it. You are al over the place there.

Quoted from TomGWI:

I give a thumbs up when I agree with something someone says. I didn't realize I needed a your approval.

Relax. I don't see anywhere where he's objecting to your use of "thumbs up". As far as I read it, he's saying he can't make sense of your post (the top one I quote here - read it again) and there needs to be the equivalent of a "WTF" button to indicate confusion over a post!

#376 11 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

When Jack slammed Gary at the Texas Convention, causing Gary to take the high road and leave the room, people commented on it.

Wow. How many times can you bring this nugget up, even though the audio recording of the event doesn't support any of it? But regardless of whether this happened or not... what does it matter now? It's ancient history. But you keep mentioning it like it should specifically taint our opinion of Jack and indeed his whole company.

Well, how about this quote:

I think it's really interesting for you to learn the ways of Stern firsthand, Cliffy.

Stern is DESPERATE, and losing a little more ground every day.

They are now begging individuals for sales of reduced quality pins for very high prices; bypassing whatever distribution network they had not tossed aside in the last pass, and certainly not helping their friends at Costco to sell their machines.

Customers that buy Stern products should know that their parts prices have skyrocketed as well (gotta squeeze out EVERY LAST DIME before rolling over and dying!), and distributors like Pinball Sales aren't getting anything out of the deal.

How does it feel to know that YOU did the engineering of the protector for them Cliify? And they paid you with a slap in the face!

Pinball may well have a new chance to thrive when Stern is gone. The sooner the better.

I'm not going to say who said this. But should it forever taint our opinion of the person?

#395 11 years ago

Be amazed. Go to 1:16 (silly Pinside, hacking up my links).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 91.00
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 9,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 16.95
$ 24.50
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sunfox.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-part-of-the-woz-dirty-dozen-already-called-by-jack?tu=sunfox and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.