(Topic ID: 45074)

Anyone part of the WOZ Dirty Dozen already "called" by Jack...

By iceman44

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 408 posts
  • 112 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by TomGWI
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dldL6.gif
lineup.jpg
animated_predator.gif
image.jpg
box.JPG
images_(6).jpg
golden_egg.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Or is this like lottery winners where you want to keep your identity secret
Or do we have a bigger controversy brewing? I know, really don't need another Woz delivery thread but some day one early adopters are getting antsy....
Can't wait to play this baby!

Man, I was wondering when *someone* would post this thread! Thanks Ice.

I can't believe that anyone who is on Pinside who got a notification would want to keep it quiet. They should be as excited as a kid on Christmas morning, and would want to tell anybody who might be interested. I.e., US!

Can you tell us more about the "dirty dozen"? Did Jack say that's how many of them are shipping this week?

Quoted from pinmanguy:

What was said in his calls though? Maybe he's making an agreement that they get their game early but telling them to not mention certain things if there is code issues still being ironed out.

If he is doing that, it would be the worst thing he could do if it ever got out. Kind of like what happened when he increased the price of LOTR LE on those who had pre-ordered it from him and told them if they posted about it on RGP he would pull the sale.

It is odd that for their first game they aren't celebrating the initial deliveries and making a fanfare

Couldn't agree more! Where is the fanfare? They should be making a huge deal out of this. Posting pics on their website of pins being shipped etc. Get people excited and talking about WOZ shipping. Why isn't that happening?

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

I think it is in poor taste to be implying that Jack is a liar

Who did that?

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

so what if the code is incomplete, we already know that, AND every little deficiency is going to get ripped to shreds, we already know that.....

True. But the question is why this is the case?

Answer: because Stern gets ripped to shreds with every deficiency, especially with regard to incomplete code. Many WOZ buyers indicated in various WOZ threads that one reason that they bought WOZ was because it would have complete code, unlike Stern. When you add to that the fact that Jack said that he wouldn't release a pin with incomplete code, and it looks like he will, people are going to point out the hypocrisy. Rightly so, IMO.

#72 11 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

And anyone getting a WOZ wanting the software complete, just call Jack and ask. I'm sure others will gladly move up the list to get theirs earlier.

Well that makes complete sense.

#86 11 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

I know this is what is being floated on the woz forums but I find this line of thinking to be ludicrous at best.

Couldn't agree more.

#108 11 years ago
Quoted from vislor:

So it sounds like mid-April before real games start to ship.

I'm shocked by this latest development.

#124 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ha! Why would anybody be shocked.....

Ice, you do know I was being sarcastic, right?

#131 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The funny thing is that for the first 10 months after I had paid my $7500 in full, I did not tell my wife because she would be pissed and I gave JJP only my cell number and e-mail, so I really wonder what would have happened to my $7500 purchase if I had croaked or had an incapacitating stroke before it had arrived. At least she knows about it now. That was not a fun couple days when I told her

That's so funny!

I'm literally having a discussion with a friend via text right now about virtually the same exact thing that I did with my wife regarding a restored AFM. I just broke the news to her earlier this evening.

#143 11 years ago
Quoted from bobbyconover:

Did you e-mail me today? Your post sounds remarkably similar to an e-mail I got today from some random name I don't know:
"How old are you man? My own daughter doesn't whine like this. Problem is everybody in this world feels "ENTITLED". Grow up , exercise patience (it's good for you) , and please quit your whining. And yes, I am very serious.
P.S. My WOZLE will probably be one of the last to ship and I am not sweating it one bit. It's not the end of the world, which is coming, by the way! PEACE."
Pretty funny, especially the end of the world bit! And kinda creepy to think some JJP fanboy is so butthurt about seeing the slightest bit of negativity (my posts haven't really been that bad) that he has to send me this.

This was sent to your personal email or a private message here at Pinside?

Very bizarre stuff.

Quoted from DCFAN:

So are you getting the threats for divorce or the silent treatment (or both)?
Congrats on the 100k plateau you addict

Well, I tried to time it the best I could. I'm getting a bonus from work, and we just got our tax refund, so I told her that I'm going to spend it on an AFM. Initial reaction was as you might expect, including "we don't have any more room", to which I replied "It's ok, I'm selling Demo Man". To my surprise, and without missing a beat, she said "AFM costs 4 times as much as Demo Man"!

I've got to stop telling her what pins are worth!

Of course I accidently on purpose forgot to tell her that this isn't going to be an average AFM.

And yes, thanks for the recognition of my crazy addiction.

#192 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

As of now I'm done with these WOZ threads until there is some REAL information, not just bullshit.

I can't help but wonder if the word "irony" is fitting here?

Quoted from absocountry2:

A game is not something to get angry over.

Is being out $6500.00 to $7500.00 for a year or more with nothing to show for it worth being upset over?

#212 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

C) He was being overly optimistic and had problems inherent in this business.

I think the problem is that at this point in the game, many people are starting to believe that it is more than being overly optimistic, and people are wondering WTF is going on.

Saying that you are going to ship a new pin from a new pinball company by December 2011 (about a year after starting the business) was overly optimistic.

Subsequently saying you will have test pins on location by Memorial Day 2012 was more reasonable, if not still a bit optimistic.

Saying you will be shipping pins to customers by June or July 2012 was more reasonable, if not still a bit optimistic.

Subsequently saying pins will ship by Christmas 2012 (a year later than originally announced and two years after the company was formed) was reasonable.

Subsequently saying pins will ship by March 2013 is one or two delays too many for a lot of people.

Missing yet another shipping date (March 2013) for reasons largely unknown is getting to be a harder pill to swallow for even the most ardent JJP supporters.

At some point you have to wonder just how much longer this is going to take and if they even know what they are doing. Hell, it's pretty much a given that WOZ will ship with some of most incomplete code of any pin ever.

But I guess that's not anything that anyone should criticize. I know I never criticize Stern for shipping pins with incomplete code.

#227 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Isn't that what BUSINESS is all about? It's bad when you try to do the same thing with crappy quality merch.

Yep.

It's also bad when you try to do the same thing with incomplete code.

Oh...wait..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 24.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
13,000 (OBO)
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-part-of-the-woz-dirty-dozen-already-called-by-jack?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.