(Topic ID: 45074)

Anyone part of the WOZ Dirty Dozen already "called" by Jack...

By iceman44

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 408 posts
  • 112 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by TomGWI
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dldL6.gif
lineup.jpg
animated_predator.gif
image.jpg
box.JPG
images_(6).jpg
golden_egg.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mike_j.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

That is clearly not going to be the case.

Heck, if he releases a game which does not require the use of a dremel out of the box I will be doing cartwheels.

#207 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Is being out $6500.00 to $7500.00 for a year or more with nothing to show for it worth being upset over?

No, I don't believe it to be a big deal.

I will be among the first hundred or so to receive a game and while I would love to have it today, I would prefer Jack and his team get it right. I have been fortunate enough to participate in the creation of two successful businesses over the past decade and have a firm grasp on what can go wrong when creating a company. I never expected this journey to be without a few bumps. It is clear that some on this forum don't have the stomach or patience for this type of transaction. If it truly bothers them, they really should ask for a refund. I am not sure why those who have not purchased WOZ seem to care so much.

Jack has made some comments which haven't come to fruition. I don't think he was being intentionally deceitful as some here seem to imply, but maybe overly optimistic. I work with more than fifteen manufacturing companies on a daily basis and despite best intentions, sometimes things occur which are out of our control. Regardless, I still enjoy seeing the progress of WOZ and can now see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Full disclosure -

I have purchased games from Jack in the past.
I will purchase more games from Jack in the future.
I like WOZ as a theme.
I like Jack.

#216 11 years ago

Would it not be easier just to e-mail or call Jack?

If you have ordered a game and have legitimate concerns contact JJP.

#229 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I think he started talking from a sales standpoint, and hoped that he bought the best guys in the business and would catch lightning in a bottle. He whipped up a frenzy and sold a lot of machines at more money than we had ever seen necessary to buy a pinball machine at the time. He created buzz like we haven't seen in two decades - to the extent that it even benefitted Stern and boutique manufacturers unknown at the time. He sold. And kept selling. And kept saying the things that sold games. And then got defensive. And then got quiet. And then got realistic. And apparently still doesn't have it ready. Are hiccups with Chinese manufacturers during Chinese New Years "unforeseen problems"? Is 13 months a "missed deadline", or something more severe? Those with maintained patience are admirable. Honestly, I think they are. But the apologists are simply silly now.

Listen, we have all seen enough to know the game is coming soon and the hardware looks pretty darn good.

If you are still concerned, give JJP a call and I am confident they will provide you with an ETA for your game. If you don't like their response ask for a refund. This should help put to rest most concerns expressed on this forum.

#232 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

When you ask Jack for a solid delivery date on the JJP forums, he just gives flippant answers like "You guys crack me up".

When I have called or sent an e-mail to Jack or Jen I have always received a response within 48 hours. I am sure they would extend the same courtesy to others.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 24.50
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mike_j.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-part-of-the-woz-dirty-dozen-already-called-by-jack?tu=mike_j and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.