(Topic ID: 45074)

Anyone part of the WOZ Dirty Dozen already "called" by Jack...

By iceman44

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 408 posts
  • 112 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by TomGWI
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dldL6.gif
lineup.jpg
animated_predator.gif
image.jpg
box.JPG
images_(6).jpg
golden_egg.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dcfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Or is this like lottery winners where you want to keep your identity secret
Or do we have a bigger controversy brewing? I know, really don't need another Woz delivery thread but some day one early adopters are getting antsy....
Can't wait to play this baby!

PM sent

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

"Wise guy eh? Why I outta"
If there were 12 folks getting a game shipped tomorrow they'd be on Pinside bragging already I'd think. I know I would
PM sent... Pfffft whatever

No, I am not getting one this week. I am way back on the list. I ordered about 13 months ago.

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

because they are both modest people, they signesd on to support Jack, not for 'I got my machine first' bragging rights

By the way, distributors do not count in the first shipped watch.

#63 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Bet a few of those phone calls where to MN

Minnesota?

#73 11 years ago

Pinside actually caused this double post with the lag.

#75 11 years ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

Maybe it's more simple than that. Maybe a truck is being loaded to ship them out to buyers close to the Chicago campus. That would make sense. Beta testing - but close to the team to check on each one individually as/if problems occur.
Frank

It would make more sense to deliver in NJ if that was the case. The builders and techs are in the main office in Lakewood, NJ.

#78 11 years ago
Quoted from roc-noc:

I don't want my WOZ until the new workers have plenty of WOZ assembly experience and the code is solid. So I surely wouldn't want to be first in line.

It would at least be encouraging to those of us way down the list if they were actually being delivered.

#81 11 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

I know this is what is being floated on the woz forums but I find this line of thinking to be ludicrous at best.

Also, JJP staff and family don't really count as customers in my book. The deliveries need to start to non-JJP affiliated customers.

#92 11 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

I also know of about 27 people who like to lie a lot. Doesn't make those rumors true, but still funny stories!

Quoted from LTG:

Ludicrous or not, I know of at least two customers I have that have done this very thing. Show up at the door of a complete stranger and introduce themselves and ask to see/play their games.
LTG : )

Do people even open the door for strangers at the door anymore? I know we do not most of the time.

#104 11 years ago

Jack stated on the WOZ buyer's newsgroup that "The few games we ship this month still won't have full production board sets as they are still arriving daily as singles and not sets. Full sets will be here the week of 4/8."

#106 11 years ago
Quoted from vislor:

So it sounds like mid-April before real games start to ship.

I guess?

#116 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Is Jack offering a Durable Power of Attorney to WOZ investors yet? He definitely has counsel that can draw up documents. Just ask EZ.

IE if our WOZ takes longer to arrive than we live then an attorney would be able to handle the rights to the machine?

Also, I assume the documents to EZ were related to defamation?

#128 11 years ago

The funny thing is that for the first 10 months after I had paid my $7500 in full, I did not tell my wife because she would be pissed and I gave JJP only my cell number and e-mail, so I really wonder what would have happened to my $7500 purchase if I had croaked or had an incapacitating stroke before it had arrived. At least she knows about it now. That was not a fun couple days when I told her

#134 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That's so funny!
I'm literally having a discussion with a friend via text about virtually the same exact thing that I did with my wife regarding a restored AFM. I just broke the news to her earlier this evening.

So are you getting the threats for divorce or the silent treatment (or both)?

Congrats on the 100k plateau you addict

#240 11 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Folks,
Jack is controlling his media on this better than Fox News. Here is my story. I purchased my game (#162) in July of 2011. A price change just occurred and I had to pay the full $7500 PLUS Ilinois sales tax because he has an office here. I called Jack and told him $8K was a big investment for me at that time. He assured me by phone that my family would be playing WOZ that Christmas in 2011. 2 months later, I got one of Jack's big email updates and I was filled with anticipation as to what I would see. It was a plain metal house. I was very disappointed, so I asked a question on the JJP WOZ Group. It was "is anyone concerned about getting their game by Christmas? This game looks pretty far from being complete." That was my exact quote. I saved the conversation. Within 10 minutes, Jack deleted my post and removed my access to the forum. He had my full $8100, and I was kicked out of the forum.
So, I called Jack and asked what happened? He said my post could be misunderstood, and it needed to be deleted. I had to beg to get my access back, which he finally reinstated with a stern warning. So, I waited and posted nothing for 3 months. I contacted Jack by email and asked about the Christmas delivery he had promised me. He remembered it and He told me it would be best if I looked at other gifts for my kids that year. I asked about the game and he told me March or April. He told me 100% this time. I really believed him. I waited all the way until EXPO to discuss this with him again. My two sons were with me, and I don't think he even knew who I was, but I asked when I would get my game. He said "Jim, you have my word. A game will be in your hands shortly after Christmas and we are going to be giving early buyers some extra bonuses that they will love.
I then made my third and final post on the JJP WOZ GROUP which was again deleted? It was "has anyone else been promised dates for delivery by Jack that have proved untrue?" This post was deleted within just a few minutes. I believe my access is now 100% denied.
Why? Because Jack gave me 3 guaranteed delivery dates that fell through, and he was afraid we would all learn how much he has intentionally misled us to keep the money flowing. He has manipulated the forums to keep his PR machine in check. He has gone on at least 3 lovely vacations with his family since I paid him and told him I could use this money for other things. He has traveled across the US, to Italy, to England, etc... Selling more games along the way.
And yet, I still wait. hoping, praying, explaining this thing to my wife. She does not get it. She thinks I am an idiot giving a man money 2 years ago and believing it would be our family Christmas present for 2011. I am the boy who cried Wolf to her. It has actually been a focus point of several fights with her. My kids don't believe it is ever going to come. I have lost some credibility with them.
So, a whole lot of pain. 3 broken promises that were made to me AND in front of my kids. No game and $8100 shorter that I would have invested and Finally made a little money, or, I could have taken my family to Italy or Germany or Greece, or put it in the kids college fund.
Jack is a good man, I agree, but he is a liar. Nobody likes that word, but it is the truth. I know this because he has lied to me and to many of you. Many successful business people are liars. We even have had successful presidents who were very good liars, but you have to call an ace an ace. I have considered trying to sell my early spot for quite a while, but I feel my credibility with my family will only be restored when I finally get that game into my house. You see, it's not even about the game anymore. It's to prove a point. Many of us on this thread are waiting just to prove a point to someone. Many of us have been masterfully manipulated to arrive at this very moment - the moment of truth when all will be revealed. At this moment, it won't be JJP vs. STERN. Real conclusions will be revealed about what actually has been produced because time will remove all early bias, and we will finally know what we have, by this Christmas.

That is deep. I hope you get your game soon. It would suck if your kids are all grown up by the time you get it and then they don't even care.

#242 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

"Hi guys, sorry for any additional delays, we are working to get these pins out as quickly as we possibly can and seem to be running into a few issues that are out of our control such as delivery of the game boards, thus, I'm not sure when production will start taking place....I'll be sending out an email to each of you guys letting you know where you are at in the delivery position....the game will ship with incomplete code for Woz as there were many factors that I didn't anticipate as a start up pin maker, hang in there with me and we will make this complete via USB download with frequent updates.....thanks again for your patience and support"
I feel much better now telling myself this over and over again...

Ice, where is that posted? I do not see it in the owner's group or e-mail.

#250 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I was just hired as Jack's publicist and that's what I came up with.... It sounded good to me and I'm just going to go with that for now....

LMAO

Good night. I think tomorrow I will try to start a trend for myself to stop caring anymore. I already took the first step yesterday by removing the game from my pinside listed collection even though I still have one ordered.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 24.50
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dcfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-part-of-the-woz-dirty-dozen-already-called-by-jack?tu=dcfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.