(Topic ID: 45074)

Anyone part of the WOZ Dirty Dozen already "called" by Jack...

By iceman44

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 408 posts
  • 112 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by TomGWI
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dldL6.gif
lineup.jpg
animated_predator.gif
image.jpg
box.JPG
images_(6).jpg
golden_egg.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chessiv.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 11 years ago

Would you ship the game. In its current condition? I wouldn't. Period!

#74 11 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Human.
We all make mistakes.
It is what we do next that is important.
Jack is getting games out the door. Updates will come.
What's the problem ?
And anyone getting a WOZ wanting the software complete, just call Jack and ask. I'm sure others will gladly move up the list to get theirs earlier.
LTG : )

Many were definitely mistakes only made worse by Jack's own stern-sucks-and-we-wont-make-the-same-mistakes statements. Announcing a machine was shipping last year was not a mistake IMO. Knowing where the machine is today I find it impossible to believe he actually thought anything would ship.

#79 11 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

None that I've heard of.
And I would suspect Jack and the ones getting games are quiet so they don't get strangers at their house wanting to play it.
I have heard pinheads talking about just going up to a hobbyists door and knocking and asking to play their pins.
Having a WOZ right now would be worse than winning the lottery.

I know this is what is being floated on the woz forums but I find this line of thinking to be ludicrous at best.

#97 11 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Ludicrous or not, I know of at least two customers I have that have done this very thing. Show up at the door of a complete stranger and introduce themselves and ask to see/play their games.

Someone showing up to a house with a large collection just knocking on the door is somewhat believable. Crazy, but believable. A stranger showing up someone's house because of woz, nope. =)

#113 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm shocked by this latest development.

Period?

#198 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

That is the $10,000,000 question.
How can the playfield lights still not be programmed, the most basic foundation of any game?

Look at that video and watch Jack's eyes when he gave the shipping date. Anyone here play poker?

#315 11 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

For a start I don't believe I have ever bashed Gary. I have been on Stern a time or two, and stuck up for them more often. Even my stalker on RGP that claimed I just made my 10th Stern hate post, when I challenged him to find one that day, week, or even month he tucked tail and ran.

I'm not a stalker. =)

I immediately showed you one of your stern bashing posts after you posted. You do a lot for pinball but many people know once someone gets on your bad side you attack. Stern got on your bad side and you attacked them with great frequency. It wasn't just me who saw it. Many people called you on it. You've relaxed on it and that's cool. Don't try to revise history.

#362 11 years ago

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the machines will ship. Contrary to some fanboi's utopian dream of the machine it will be just another pinball machine that some will like and some will not like.

Jack's biggest enemy is himself. It seems as though he has self control issues about blurting salesman-speak statements. Shipping in March, PERIOD! is a great example. They didn't ship in March. If he hadn't of said that this thread would not exist. At times he used his salesman, "say anything to get/keep the sale" techniques. Jack causes his own drama.

I believe he really does want to make a great pinball machine. It's obvious he had almost no clue what was really involved. I don't ever think he's been out to screw anyone out of their money. The best thing he could do right now is shut-up, keep his head down and finish the machine.

Again, if nothing else this stuff is certainly entertaining =)

#366 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Is the AC/DC LE much better than the regular version? At the Bask Bar I played the version without the mini-playfield in the basement. I was not that impressed.

The bell and controlled LEDs are worth the price of admission.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 91.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 24.50
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chessiv.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-part-of-the-woz-dirty-dozen-already-called-by-jack?tu=chessiv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.