(Topic ID: 45074)

Anyone part of the WOZ Dirty Dozen already "called" by Jack...

By iceman44

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 408 posts
  • 112 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by TomGWI
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dldL6.gif
lineup.jpg
animated_predator.gif
image.jpg
box.JPG
images_(6).jpg
golden_egg.gif
There are 408 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.
#351 11 years ago

goodness gracious...you guys that have no horse in the race create an awful lot of drama. Whether you know it or not, it does hurt a lot of good intentioned people. I can understand you posting your opinions, but to lead the charge all the time..cmon give it a break. All Jack wants to do is put out the best product he can. Do we have to continously bash him for that. The game will be done when Jack feels its ready to go. sheesh!

#352 11 years ago
Quoted from pindome:

It just seems that if the drama really bothers you don't click on any WOZ related topic.

Its even in person at shows and over the phone with others collectors its not just pinside. Pinball is greater talked about in other places than the net.

#353 11 years ago

August is the New March.Maybe by then ?

#355 11 years ago

Another wow can't believe I made it to the party in time for this moments. If you can avoid the dirtbags there is some really good stuff happening. Pinball is a blast - I can wait for WoZ now that AC/DC is here. It is headed towards more plays in the first week than XM has period. I'm gonna put WoZ right next to it.

The slander/libel stuff being mentioned is very disturbing. I hope this is being blown up a bit, but, in this case, I suspect it is actually being toned down. I hope one day we hear the truth of it through an anonymous source. Getting this machine made in the US is a frikkin miracle. For both(all) companies.

#356 11 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Getting this machine made in the US is a frikkin miracle. For both(all) companies.

AND Predator too!

#357 11 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

I just read Jack's post and I can tell it is directly from the heart. I could feel his pain. I will wait longer for this game and I will support him like I support Joe at Laseriffic or Terry at Pinball Life. It will come and it will be great. It will change this industry for the better - forever.

Peace!

Jim

That's a good thing...

#358 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

AND Predator too!

And RAZA with Jpop, all US made....

Quoted from rommy:

Pinball is a blast - I can wait for WoZ now that AC/DC is here.

Amen, having fun....what doesn't kill us makes us stronger!

#359 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And RAZA with Jpop, all US made....

Yes! Anyone get or play one of the Nemo games?
How many is jpop making?...I thought it was only a few...

#360 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yes! Anyone get or play one of the Nemo games?
How many is jpop making?...I thought it was only a few...

I thought Magic Girl was about 12-15 games and BHZA about 100-150.

#361 11 years ago

Oh, sorry, maybe that's it...gettin' Magic Girl confused with BHZA.

#362 11 years ago

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the machines will ship. Contrary to some fanboi's utopian dream of the machine it will be just another pinball machine that some will like and some will not like.

Jack's biggest enemy is himself. It seems as though he has self control issues about blurting salesman-speak statements. Shipping in March, PERIOD! is a great example. They didn't ship in March. If he hadn't of said that this thread would not exist. At times he used his salesman, "say anything to get/keep the sale" techniques. Jack causes his own drama.

I believe he really does want to make a great pinball machine. It's obvious he had almost no clue what was really involved. I don't ever think he's been out to screw anyone out of their money. The best thing he could do right now is shut-up, keep his head down and finish the machine.

Again, if nothing else this stuff is certainly entertaining =)

#363 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I thought Magic Girl was about 12-15 games and BHZA about 100-150.

RAZA is 124 with the Cointaker version and Magic Girl i think is 17....

Looking at 1 yr on the schedule for RAZA now and will probably be longer, you look at all the crap inside of these things and its amazing pins are still getting made..

#364 11 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

I believe he really does want to make a great pinball machine. It's obvious he had almost no clue what was really involved. I don't ever think he's been out to screw anyone out of their money. The best thing he could do right now is shut-up, keep his head down and finish the machine.

I think he has gotten the point and that's what I would expect to see...at the end of the day I think we will see game changing greatness out of this company...let's all hope...his heart is in the right place and the results will speak for themselves...

Btw, that AC/DC hurdle is gonna be a tough one to overcome, what a great pin....

#365 11 years ago

Is the AC/DC LE much better than the regular version? At the Bask Bar I played the version without the mini-playfield in the basement. I was not that impressed.

#366 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Is the AC/DC LE much better than the regular version? At the Bask Bar I played the version without the mini-playfield in the basement. I was not that impressed.

The bell and controlled LEDs are worth the price of admission.

#367 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

I am sure lots of people would just like the game to ship to elevate the stress that this has caused them.

If the game ships incomplete then the stress sure would be ELEVATED! Haha!

(As opposed to alleviated...)

Couldn't resist ....

rd.

#368 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Not sure about the pro Ted or the differences, I've got a ton of games in on AC/DC premium and its everything everybody raves about......I don't think the Bell is on the pro or the train, not sure..

#369 11 years ago

Ok...I hope there is one at Allentown. Would love to play the LE.

#370 11 years ago

Ok, so while I'm watching the NCAA's and drinking some Hooch (beer) let me give you one more basketball analogy....

Jack has become a celebrity, magazines, papers, shows, etc....

You are going to get criticism from all sides no matter what, regardless of what you say and do....people in the public eye need to have thick skin and try and avoid "keeping score"...some of my dad's best friends to this day are media people (we draft our fantasy baseball team in the Denver Media league tomorrow night and have been doing it for 25 years!), who at times blistered him, in doing their job, he had an uncanny ability to ignore....

His best friend from the Carolina days, Larry Brown, was the exact opposite, Larry would save articles that writers wrote about him and held it against them for years...Larry is coaching at SMU now, with championships at Kansas and Detroit....he's burned a whole lot of friends and bridges and is left with that...I can remember one time when I was with both of them and Coach Dean Smith had sent Larry a letter with the newspaper article in which he responded negatively, circled Larry's quoted text and said "don't say these things" We all make mistakes, do we learn from them...Man, what lessons I've tried to learn and have had difficulty with over the years...

People couldn't stand Coach Pop here in SA in the early years because he came across like a d*ck, and sometimes still does (great guy), win 5 championships and you become the best at what you do....time takes care of a lot of things, business and progress is an evolution and in the end your hard work, dedication, sacrifice and great attitude pays off...

I realize most pinheads know nothing about basketball, if so, disregard this

#371 11 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Jack's biggest enemy is himself.

+1000

#372 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Not sure about the pro Ted or the differences, I've got a ton of games in on AC/DC premium and its everything everybody raves about......I don't think the Bell is on the pro or the train, not sure..

No swinging bell, no lower pf, no color changing GI zones, no color changing inserts, no lower PF, no train, no dancin-band, no ACDC drop targets, no TNT drops revealing the stand-up, no animation on the TNT plunger, no crossover ramp. Yeah, the Pro blows....play a Premium or LE.

#373 11 years ago

Whoa! Big difference! Will try the LE fer sur! Thanks!

#374 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

no dancin-band

Is that a joke..hahaha! Well, he said it Ted, the pro blows and not because it doesn't have the joke that is the dancing band...

#375 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Is that a joke..hahaha! Well, he said it Ted, the pro blows and not because it doesn't have the joke that is the dancing band...

Wow, way to cut down my quoted list of differences so that you could make a joke at my expense. I know you're bored waiting for your non-existent pre-orders to show up, but don't take it out on me.

#376 11 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

When Jack slammed Gary at the Texas Convention, causing Gary to take the high road and leave the room, people commented on it.

Wow. How many times can you bring this nugget up, even though the audio recording of the event doesn't support any of it? But regardless of whether this happened or not... what does it matter now? It's ancient history. But you keep mentioning it like it should specifically taint our opinion of Jack and indeed his whole company.

Well, how about this quote:

I think it's really interesting for you to learn the ways of Stern firsthand, Cliffy.

Stern is DESPERATE, and losing a little more ground every day.

They are now begging individuals for sales of reduced quality pins for very high prices; bypassing whatever distribution network they had not tossed aside in the last pass, and certainly not helping their friends at Costco to sell their machines.

Customers that buy Stern products should know that their parts prices have skyrocketed as well (gotta squeeze out EVERY LAST DIME before rolling over and dying!), and distributors like Pinball Sales aren't getting anything out of the deal.

How does it feel to know that YOU did the engineering of the protector for them Cliify? And they paid you with a slap in the face!

Pinball may well have a new chance to thrive when Stern is gone. The sooner the better.

I'm not going to say who said this. But should it forever taint our opinion of the person?

#377 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Wow, way to cut down my quoted list of differences so that you could make a joke at my expense.

...and I don't even get the joke...

#378 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Wow, way to cut down my quoted list of differences so that you could make a joke at my expense. I know you're bored waiting for your non-existent pre-orders to show up, but don't take it out on me.

The "dancin band" is a joke...get it...yeah I'm bored and you are way too sensitive

Ted, AC/DC premium is great...

#379 11 years ago

So, LE and Premium have all the same bells & whistles, and the pro is the bad one?

#380 11 years ago

...and is there REALLY a dancing band...or are ya just funnin' me...?

#381 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Go eat, have a cigar and then come back to this sh*t show...

#382 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yeah, there is. Upper right hand corner.

#383 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

So, LE and Premium have all the same bells & whistles, and the pro is the bad one?

Yes. Only dif between LE & Premium is

-Backglass vs. Translite
-Laser-etched side rails
-Different cab art (BIB only)
-Shaker installed at factory

Quoted from spfxted:

Yeah, they "dance" back and forth when you're in multiball. It's totally cheezy, but believe it or not it's just one of those things that makes multiball more fun. They move to the beat of the song so their timing is different depending on what song you're in.

#384 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

The Pro is fun. I don't think a few features will make the game more fun to you. You may just not like it.

#385 11 years ago

Be aware that on the pro you have to put up with "the face". Some folks don't mind it. I'm not one of them; I'd go premium for certain.

#386 11 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Be aware that on the pro you have to put up with "the face". Some folks don't mind it. I'm not one of them; I'd go premium for certain.

I'm one of those folks who don't mind the face, and am very impressed that it's actually...*gasp*...hand-drawn art instead of a photo.

#387 11 years ago

I prefer hand-drawn art too. But like all art, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

#388 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I think they are about equal overall in terms of actual gameplay. The pro is more relentless and possibly tougher than the premium since the drop targets on the premium tend to slow things down a bit.

#389 11 years ago

But drop targets are sooooo much fun to hit!

#390 11 years ago

I love the dancing band! As an equal fan of EMs, SS and DMD machines, the dancing band is a throwback to the simplistic backbox animations of old. To me it is one of the coolest features on the greatest game ever.

lineup.jpglineup.jpg

#391 11 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I love the dancing band! As an equal fan of EMs, SS and DMD machines, the dancing band is a throwback to the simplistic backbox animations of old.

I dig it on that level as well. It's certainly hokey...and great!

#392 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Yeah, there is. Upper right hand corner.

Is the band like the Boogie-Men on Elvira & the Party Monsters, or do they do more than bop up and down.

#393 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Is the band like the Boogie-Men on Elvira & the Party Monsters, or do they do more than bop up and down.

Different. Plastics that sway back and forth, and Angus' leg kicks as he bops along. All set in front of a big plastic stage background.

#394 11 years ago

Thanks! Ok...I gotta see this! I never knew much about the machine as I'm not a big AC/DC fan. (I like The Beatles)

#395 11 years ago

Be amazed. Go to 1:16 (silly Pinside, hacking up my links).

#396 11 years ago

Ok...thanks for the look! Whoa, that game is nothing like the one I played! LOTS of extra stuff here. But, I agree, the dancing guys are pretty lame! And is it still true, you have to buy a whole new playfield to change the mini-playfield plastic?? (love the cannon and drop targets though)

#397 11 years ago

Having played all three (LE, premium, pro) I'd go for the premium without a doubt. LE only if money is not a factor.

#398 11 years ago

My wife's comment when she first saw it at Eric's was "there's a lot of stuff in that pinball machine, how much does it cost"....and then after test playing it she said looks like we are getting a new pin

We of course grew up with AC/DC....

The cannon mod is a must, the stock one looks like one of those firecracker boxes you get on the 4th of July, the tanks, cannons, etc....

Somebody will probably make a dancing band mod or some like the old school cheese factor

#399 11 years ago

I'm up to 120 plays now and it's been 3 days. My kid actually wanted to play with me for the first time ever. Went to start a game and she asked to join in. that hasn't happened except on the virtual pin.

#400 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

My wife's comment when she first saw it at Eric's was "there's a lot of stuff in that pinball machine, how much does it cost"....and then after test playing it she said looks like we are getting a new pin

Reading this far I assumed you were talking about WoZ

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 24.50
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 408 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-part-of-the-woz-dirty-dozen-already-called-by-jack/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.