(Topic ID: 233971)

Anyone own Pac-Man Battle Royale at home?

By foobeer

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Ockeyhead
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200801_233651 (resized).jpg
20200801_233817 (resized).jpg
20200329_200102 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191011_225207 (resized).jpg
028ec83a0b5005175fa88f228b49dcfe546f4bfd (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

I’ve been thinking about mixing it up a bit and getting something like Pac-Man Battle Royale, Super Chexx bubble hockey, or the newly available Atari Pong table.

I have a 9, 7, and 3 year old at home so there are always many kids hanging out in the game room playing pinball, video games, and pop a shot, so I'm looking to add some more variety.

Does anyone own a Pac-Man Battle Royale at home? Does it get played? Distributor recommendations?

https://www.bandainamco-am.com/game.php?gameid=30

#2 5 years ago

No but having played it that would be amazing to have one in the Game Room!

#3 5 years ago

I know a few people have them. I wouldn’t mind doing the same as you and adding a bit more variety. Might be time to finally get the basement finished and mix it up a bit.

#4 5 years ago

If you’ve got the room, I recommend mixing it up. I used to have just pins and all that would happen when kids came over was them starting games, launching a ball and walking away.

About three years ago I got a Big Buck Hunter HD, a couple multicades, a Photo Booth, two, linked Artic Thunders, an Ice Cold Beer and I just got an Ultimate Big Punch (which everyone loves). Plus, I still have managed to cram a dozen pins in there. Now, there’s something for everyone!

#5 5 years ago

I have one and love it. My 3 and 5 year old play it all the time. We have a lot of parties and the adults play it as a drinking game. Doesn't seem to get old because of the 4 player action and interaction of people.

I have 14 Pins and I am in the process of buying more arcades now. Pins are great but they aren't for everyone and I like the diversification of having other things for people to do.

Maybe not your thing, but I just picked up a DDR and my wife loves that thing more than anything we have in the house and we have some pretty solid games.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Pins are great but they aren't for everyone

You shut your mouth, blasphemer.

#7 5 years ago

Does anybody have the “worlds biggest pac man” or the Space Invaders Deluxe? Those are outstanding!

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

You shut your mouth, blasphemer.

Sadly most people have no concept and don't even know the pins have rules. My Moto GPs, Terminator Salvation and Skee ball get 10 times the play as the pins.

I love pins but most people don't get it.

#9 5 years ago

Dug this pic of my kids from the game room thread.

O and for distributor, I bought it from Game Exchange but later found out Betson was $500 cheaper so call around.

028ec83a0b5005175fa88f228b49dcfe546f4bfd (resized).jpg028ec83a0b5005175fa88f228b49dcfe546f4bfd (resized).jpg
#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Does anybody have the “worlds biggest pac man” or the Space Invaders Deluxe? Those are outstanding!

I was thinking the same thing. Both would be cool to have if you have the space

#12 5 years ago

I have a Pac-Man Battle Royale and the kids loved it. But they're only 3 and 5 and so nothing really holds their attention, although this did better than any new pinball I bring in I'm selling mine now if you want a used one for a lot less than new. It's a cocktail version like jorge5240 posted above.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from ReplayRyan:

I have a Pac-Man Battle Royale and the kids loved it. But they're only 3 and 5 and so nothing really holds their attention, although this did better than any new pinball I bring in I'm selling mine now if you want a used one for a lot less than new. It's a cocktail version like jorge5240 posted above.

Replay Ryan is a good dude. May be worth a PM.

#14 5 years ago

I was actually just looking up one of these earlier this week to see if prices had dropped any, but the prices still seem pretty crazy.

But then I googled "pac man battle royale replica" and...

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,119032.0.html

Looks like one could be built for around $1,500 (or less, depending what you already have lying around).

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from ReplayRyan:

ReplayRyan what kind of money are you looking for? PM is fine. Thanks.

#16 5 years ago

We can help with the Pac-Man, Incredible tech, and Raw Thrills games

Greg
Pinballpro.com

1 month later
#17 5 years ago

I’m also looking for a Pacman Battle royale cocktail arcade. Is anybody here who has one for sale? Please let me know!

#18 5 years ago

I considered having an all-pinball game room, but ultimately went the other way because it's not good when entertaining non-pinball types. Variety is badly needed to keep everyone engaged and happy.

I had a Super Chexx for a bit , which everyone loved. Probably the most fun 4 people can have at the same time. Has a bit of a learning curve. Obviously useless for single player, so mine collected dust when not entertaining. I moved on from it and am now trying a golden tee, which I'm very happy with, but appeal so far seems to be limited to adult males. I would own super chexx again. I'm also a fan of the new Pong, obviously, as I chose to sell them. It's the easiest to pick up and a hit with all ages. There are 3 versions to choose from now. PM me for more details on Pong if you'd like.

3 weeks later
#19 5 years ago

I think I’m going to try and get MMr as my last pin for awhile. Will bring me up to 8. I’ll then try and get a Super Chexx. Have several young kids and my oldest plays hockey. Also want to get a golden tee home edition and maybe one of these pac mans. Question is do I finish my basement first or wait a bit and do it later?

6 months later
#20 4 years ago

Saw this thread so decided to show off my newest addition. It is really an amazing machine. Very well built and a ton of fun!

IMG_20191011_225207 (resized).jpgIMG_20191011_225207 (resized).jpg
#21 4 years ago

Congratulations! We love ours.

6 months later
#22 4 years ago

Anyone that has a Pac-Man looking to sell. My friend is looking for one.

Thanks

#23 4 years ago

I got one but not currently for sale.

20200329_200102 (resized).jpg20200329_200102 (resized).jpg
#24 4 years ago

Always wanted the Pacman smash air hockey.
Thing is huge but looks great for hosting guests.

3 months later
#25 3 years ago

Figured I'd chime in here with our DX. It really adds to the arcade feel of our little game room and its always the favorite at parties. A few more parties with it and I think I'll be ready to open that space up for another unique game if anyone thinks they'd be interested.

20200801_233651 (resized).jpg20200801_233651 (resized).jpg20200801_233817 (resized).jpg20200801_233817 (resized).jpg
#26 3 years ago

How much is something like that? Looks very cool!

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

How much is something like that? Looks very cool!

Depends on condition. I was lucky to get a really nice one, complete, and well cared for. From what I hear these units have a good reputation for being bulletproof but the NAMCO cosmetic replacement parts can be pricy. I'm a bit of a perfectionist so I replaced all of the touch parts. The "dance floor" plastics are over $1200 alone.
I'd probably be looking for $8k range on mine. There are pedestals on ebay for $8k shipped if you want to put your own monitor with it.

#28 3 years ago

I purchased a multicade machine from dreamhomearcades.com that has Pac Man Royale. This 69,000 in 1 has every Pac game available including Pac Man Championship DX. Pac Man Championship DX is another great alternative to the standard Pac Man game play.

This machine runs on the Hyperspin format, as the selections for what is available seems endless. Not only are all Pac Man editions available at your fingertips, but there is also virtually any game one can think of. So if you are considering Pac Man Royale among others, this is the way to go. Of coarse, only if you want it all?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-own-pac-man-battle-royale-at-home?hl=fxdwg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.