(Topic ID: 219922)

Anyone Own All 3 (or 4...) JJP Games?

By ThePinballCo-op

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20171229_182816 (resized).jpg
    E6045710-C432-4A27-8078-A387578CCA56 (resized).jpeg
    070A5D54-1C5D-4147-B1F3-0AA676BDCBB1 (resized).jpeg
    088B3EAD-BEF1-40DE-87C7-1D43ECBF0590 (resized).jpeg
    JJPGames (resized).JPG
    2cvuh0 (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

Just curious about your history as a pin player and what makes you love JJP so much to buy everything they make? Did you have a favorite maker or designer before?

#2 5 years ago

Had a woz but it wasn't for me. Now have a hobbit and pirates on order. Jjp take pinball to another level.

#3 5 years ago

I have the first 3 pins in LE model. They are at a different level build wise than the competition. I am not in on #4 right now. It’s $10k shipped, and I dropped out of the preorder when they pulled out the 3 ring compass. I mean, these pins are top dollar, and continue to go even higher. My expectations are thus super high as well. I’m sure POTC has great code and smooth shots, but they dropped the ball IMO-it doesn’t look like it packs enough value for the price. Remember we are talking 10 large for this one, $500 higher than DI and that one was higher than Hobbit, it’s just a really high amount to stomach.

“If you build it, they will come” - including an incremental $500 increase from the prior one!

#4 5 years ago

Ive got The Hobbit and Dialed In. Both great pins. They have great lighting, build quality, and innovative features. JJP builds some nice machines, you can feel the difference when you play one.

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

what makes you love JJP so much to buy everything they make?

2cvuh0 (resized).jpg2cvuh0 (resized).jpg
    #6 5 years ago

You know what I like best about them. Besides being great for my business.

The last five years doing tech support for them has brought me so many good friends. JJP Distributors and JJP customers.

LTG : )

JJPGames (resized).JPGJJPGames (resized).JPG
    #7 5 years ago
    088B3EAD-BEF1-40DE-87C7-1D43ECBF0590 (resized).jpeg088B3EAD-BEF1-40DE-87C7-1D43ECBF0590 (resized).jpeg
    #8 5 years ago

I wish that I had enough to own one JJP

#9 5 years ago

Only 2..... for now.

070A5D54-1C5D-4147-B1F3-0AA676BDCBB1 (resized).jpeg070A5D54-1C5D-4147-B1F3-0AA676BDCBB1 (resized).jpeg
    #10 5 years ago

I have the Hobbit LE and a WOZ RR 75th. The build materials are much more robust, big screens, deep code, etc. Compared to my Sterns, the Sterns are like going to a Ford dealership and getting a new car. Simple, practical, and will last for several years being driven Daily. The JJP’s are like going to a Porshe, or Mercedez dealership. Yes they too are cars, but there IS a difference.

#11 5 years ago

Just curious about your history as a pin player and what makes you love JJP so much to buy everything they make? Did you have a favorite maker or designer before?

We've had them all, but only still have a WoZ on the route (currently down for a 2.0 lighting upgrade, though). Hobbit and Dialed In lasted about 8-9 months each on route.

We'll give Pirates, Toy Story, Wonka, GnR 2.0, etc...basically all of them (except maybe Muppets, if that's still on) a shot. The Route will dictate which stay.

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

We've had them all, but only still have a WoZ on the route (currently down for a 2.0 lighting upgrade, though). Hobbit and Dialed In lasted about 8-9 months each on route.
    We'll give Pirates, Toy Story, Wonka, GnR 2.0, etc...basically all of them (except maybe Muppets, if that's still on) a shot. The Route will dictate which stay.

You don’t think Muppets would perform on route?

#13 5 years ago

I think the theme is a bit too " Kiddy" mainly adults play these games

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

I'll reserve judgement and I could be totally blown away, but I don't think it has the multi-generational appeal of WoZ. I'm hoping that's the one pin on the internal JJP "leak list" from a few years ago that doesn't happen, and I haven't heard anything at all about it for a long time, so maybe it was replaced with Wonka or GnR 2.0, both of which I approve of 100%.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

You don't know until they hit the street. What people like, and what they don't. Which location it would be great in, which one it wouldn't.

Every manufacturer there ever was wish they'd know that.

Not to mention we don't even know for sure if Muppets is planned.

LTG : )

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

REALLY? How long has WoZ been on route? You're making me want to get that one now...

#17 5 years ago

REALLY? How long has WoZ been on route? You're making me want to get that one now...

It's been on for a few years. The lighting has been the only consistent issue. We replaced all the light boards with the new style ones and still were having failures for the next year, so it's pulled off route now waiting for a lighting upgrade kit to the 2.0 one, which should solve the problem once and for all. It's a consistent earner on route. Didn't have the sharp dropoff The Hobbit and Dialed In had after the first month or so of newness wore off.

#18 5 years ago

I bought all three because I believe New Jersey is a wonderful place full of magic and beauty. The lightbulb, vertical looping water slide, and triple spinning disc mechanism were all invented there.

Garden State FTW.

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from FlippyD:

I bought all three because I believe New Jersey is a wonderful place full of magic and beauty. The lightbulb, vertical looping water slide, and triple spinning disc mechanism were all invented here.
    Garden State FTW.

Uh....so the thing is ...they removed the 3 spinning discs from the upcoming production builds

#20 5 years ago

I own all 3, and I like the variety of them. They all play differently, and I love each of their individual esthetics. Their movie pins have a nice theme integration too with solid movie clips, while di just shoots so smoothly. I’m not exclusive to Jjp, but I do like their machines.

#21 5 years ago

Between my brother and I we have all 3.....and Jack's phone number on standby lol.

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

I think the theme is a bit too " Kiddy" mainly adults play these games

Muppets is a theme adults love & have massive nostalgia for. Sesame Street is for kids. Muppet Babies is for kids. Mainline Muppets is for everyone.

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Muppet Babies is for kids.

The reboot is kick ass bring on the game

Muppets proper was always a whole family ordeal; Prime time show.

#24 5 years ago

I have WoZ and DI, but I don't care for The Hobbit. WoZ and DI are fantastic pinball machines and get played a ton at my home. They offer such a great balance between depth and easy to access features. The build quality is top notch, they art and animations are great, they have incredible light shows (the same is true of The Hobbit), and they are great theme integrations. No corners were cut with either game.

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Muppets is a theme adults love & have massive nostalgia for. Sesame Street is for kids. Muppet Babies is for kids. Mainline Muppets is for everyone.

Don't get me wrong I love the Muppet's and if jjp make it they have to put in the mahna mahna song and Mississippi mud .I was just thinking why it might not work on route. I thought it didn't sound right as I posted it so I deleted it but when it drains it must just disappear from my screen and not from everyone else.

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

I dropped out of the preorder when they pulled out the 3 ring compass.

The three rings are now one spinning disc and they've kept the compass

#27 5 years ago

I only have WoZ RR and DI LE which are my last two purchases. The RR also late run with RadCals. Both are so nice and fun to play in addition to being packed and loaded (with invisible glass etc.).

I love my 8 Stern pins but JJP are world class and I am glad to have bought them.

I just didn't feel much from The Hobbit so didn't get it, and I don't know much about PotC but there is a long time to find out about that, I don't feel as if I need to rush into anything. The WoZ I got was just built this year and so has some improvements not to mention having code that is quite well done when I got it.

#28 5 years ago

JJP games remind me of the Williams / Bally games from the 90's. You can feel the build quality in them when you play them. I own a WOZ and a Hobbit. Plan on getting a Dialed In someday but don't have any plains on buying a POTC. I'm sure it will be fun to play though, I'm just not into the theme.

#29 5 years ago

All female gold diggers should be watching this thread.

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I've got no money I spent it all on jjp games

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Gold diggers of all genders, for that matter.

#32 5 years ago

I have all JJP games. I also have some classic b/w, older and newer (purchased NIB) Stern machines.

JJP games are superior in quality and workmanship. That’s not a knock on the competition. Everything just feels and looks premium with their games. The animations and display are fantastic, they are fun to play, and are all very different from each other in terms of style. I’ve had no major issues from a maintenance standpoint.

They also cost more. Getting a WOZ is a great buy. They spared no expense on making that game packed with premium features and toys. I think it’s a great bang for your buck. Dialed In is the best playing game of the last decade, IMO.

Now the bad: I’m losing patience with JJPOTC (boo hoo, poor me). Jack said at expo that the game would ship Q1 and it was already tough to justify a 3rd consecutive price increase of $500 before losing previously announced features that were present at TPF when I played the machine. I’m over that and think it is still a stellar game. I just wish it was out already and I hope they announce their next game right before it’s ready to ship, for their sake. I believe they have lost significant revenue on Dialed In and lots of momentum on JJPOTC due to a premature announcement and delayed production.

I love JJP. Owning their games is not an elitist thing, it’s just nice that there is a luxury line of machines for folks that might be limited more by space than by budget who want high quality. I’ve been a little let down this year, but their product has never disappointed.

E6045710-C432-4A27-8078-A387578CCA56 (resized).jpegE6045710-C432-4A27-8078-A387578CCA56 (resized).jpeg
    #33 5 years ago

Not only does that lineup look awesome, that's the craziest-looking skeeball I've ever seen. I want another picture of that one.

#34 5 years ago

I currently have all 3. I wasn’t planning on getting DILE, but GBLE was just not for me. I sold it for a loss and purchased DILE, couldn’t be happier with that decision.

We are currently at a stand off on the collection. I want to trade out WOZ, oldest daughter says no way sell Hobbit, youngest daughter says no way sell DI, I say no way sell WOZ. Around and around we go.

#35 5 years ago

I own WOZ and Hobbit and love them both. They are so unique unlike anything else I own. Hobbit is my most played pin. I'm considering DI, but really like the other games I have and don't want to expand. I have some reservations about Pirates whenever that comes out.

#36 5 years ago

Not only does that lineup look awesome, that's the craziest-looking skeeball I've ever seen. I want another picture of that one.

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zavadoza:

I believe they have lost significant revenue on Dialed In and lots of momentum on JJPOTC due to a premature announcement and delayed production.

I was thinking that DI may have benefited by Potc delay because it may be a slow burn, meaning more people are still buying DI and Woz for that matter.

#38 5 years ago

I have all 3, and likely will have the 4th also. Love them all … they're not going anywhere anytime soon. Great pins to have in your home.

20171229_182816 (resized).jpg20171229_182816 (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #39 5 years ago

I've also got all 3 JJP machines, the Hobbit is the best (the modes really make this the stand-out), WOZ second (gave me that 'wow' when I saw it much like TZ did years ago), DI is a good game (I do love Pat games but against the other two this just feels the weakest, its good and does have that just one more game appeal).

This chap nails it;

Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

I have the first 3 pins in LE model. They are at a different level build wise than the competition. I am not in on #4 right now. It’s $10k shipped, and I dropped out of the preorder when they pulled out the 3 ring compass. I mean, these pins are top dollar, and continue to go even higher. My expectations are thus super high as well. I’m sure POTC has great code and smooth shots, but they dropped the ball IMO-it doesn’t look like it packs enough value for the price. Remember we are talking 10 large for this one, $500 higher than DI and that one was higher than Hobbit, it’s just a really high amount to stomach.
    “If you build it, they will come” - including an incremental $500 increase from the prior one!

So much so I am also out of #4, I have a hard £8.5k limit for NIB, also dropping the 3 rings going was the final straw on this one for me.
    I may pick one up in a few years (if it plays well and has great finished code) but at the moment there are a lot of good and great machines to choose from.
    I also learned the hard way with my early run WOZ.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-own-all-3-or-4-jjp-games?hl=jar155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.