Anyone own a Hook pin

By fusion301

13 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

• Hook Data East, 1992

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider seanymph.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 13 years ago

We have a Hook. I am the only one who likes it! I find the layout strange and the playfield reminds me of a rabbit community with lots of hidden little entrance holes everywhere. The sounds include a very annoying rooster crow. You can't see the rollovers at the top of the playfield. It takes too long to reload balls. Those are the down sides.

The up side is that it's inexpensive to purchase, usually, and the playfields are coated so they're usually in great shape. The wind coaster circular ramp is always open (unlike CFTBL), and the music sounds like it came from a kiddie horror/ghost flick at the start and finish. I like it. The skill shots are fun and the machine changes the skill shot up a little for you. There aren't a lot of moving parts to break (one VUK). It's actually a challenging game, I think, and no one expects it. Rules wise it's got as much going on as any other pirate pin (the skills shots, the baseball stuff, the crock clock hole thing, etc.) Plus it has a cool skull. Get it for a good price, it'll be fun for a while. ( It's completely family-friendly, too .)

#6 13 years ago

P.S.. Oh man, I forgot to mention. Better check out that DMD before buying...... it's the lovely expensive small one! Better watch it boot up! (Haven't had a problem with ours.)

#8 13 years ago

You never mentioned the SM. Why even consider the Hook! (1200 would be about the most I'd pay for Hook)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider seanymph.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-own-a-hook-pin?tu=seanymph and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.