(Topic ID: 72423)

Anyone over the MMR rush or having second thoughts?

By rai

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Art you on the fence?”

• Not on the fence, I'll be buying MMR 122 votes
    54%
  • I'm on the fence dislike selling tons of pins or passing on other future pins 43 votes
    19%
  • I am not on MMR list but would like it buy one at this price it's a no brainer 26 votes
    12%
  • I am on the list but will defiantly drop out just waiting to see if I can make money flipping my spot 35 votes
    15%

(226 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cats-fighting1.jpg
75097514-c7a8-41d3-80d1-8868cf3ca0be.jpeg
image-193.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chrisjens2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 10 years ago

Cancelled my MMR LE spot, someone on the waiting list will be getting an email.....

2 weeks later
#303 10 years ago

I didn't officially "cancel" my order, I was on the waiting list and received an email stating that one of the LE spots had become available. I accepted the invitation and went on vacation for the Thanksgiving holiday. My wife made me leave my laptop at home. Wednesday before Thanksgiving I received an email stating that PPS had not received my deposit and unless I paid by the end of the business day on Wednesday 11/27 my spot would be cancelled. Then on Sunday 12/1 I received the official cancellation email. When I returned home from vacation on 12/3, I opened all the emails and saw that I had lost my spot. (I didn't realize when I was given the LE availability I needed to overnight the deposit) Needless to say I ordered a Hobbit from JJP instead. On 12/10, Rick from PPS called me on the phone to confirm my cancellation. I told him that I had ordered a Hobbit because of the email cancelling my MMR purchase. I'm not bashing PPS at all, but in this instance they lost a sale and gave JJP a sale because of their own practices. The whole experiance just turned me off to this company.

#308 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

They didn't technically lose a sale, since the spot was given to someone else, but they may have very well cost themselves a future sale. I'm surprised they didn't give you more time to respond. Why the rush?

Exactly, I didn't think they were in a rush yet and they didn't tell me the deposit was time sensitive. It's all good. Everything happens for a reason.

#320 10 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

im not understanding his complaint at all! after missing the deposit deadline and not responding to emails, they called him personally to see if he was still in or not, and that pissed him off? wtf?

I'm not pissed off at all. I had a message asking me why I'm no longer on the waiting list for MMR. I'm not even upset in the slightest. Merely sharing my story as to why the "second thoughts" as the title of the discussion. As I mentioned earlier....It's all good

#324 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

This goes to show. No matter how hard you try, some people just can't be pleased.

You're right. Some people can't be pleased. Coming home from a holiday vacation and seeing a cancellation was not pleasing. Some people actually unplug themselves from the internet on occasion. So I bought something else. Just because someone is "displeased" doesn't mean they are pissed off. I wish Rick good luck with the business, and every one of the MMR buyers, I hope you all enjoy the pin. It sounds great and I have no hard feelings about it at all. I don't know how this "anyone having second thoughts" forum turned into a discussion about me getting upset when that clearly never even happened.

#326 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Dude! He called you to verify! You could have said your still in.

Yes I could have but I had already bought another pinball machine.

#327 10 years ago

If you want it call and see if there are anymore LE's available.

#329 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

cool.
How are you enjoying your new machine?

About the same as you are enjoying your MMR

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chrisjens2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-over-the-mmr-rush-or-having-second-thoughts?tu=chrisjens2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.