(Topic ID: 72423)

Anyone over the MMR rush or having second thoughts?

By rai

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Art you on the fence?”

• Not on the fence, I'll be buying MMR 122 votes
    54%
  • I'm on the fence dislike selling tons of pins or passing on other future pins 43 votes
    19%
  • I am not on MMR list but would like it buy one at this price it's a no brainer 26 votes
    12%
  • I am on the list but will defiantly drop out just waiting to see if I can make money flipping my spot 35 votes
    15%

(226 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cats-fighting1.jpg
75097514-c7a8-41d3-80d1-8868cf3ca0be.jpeg
image-193.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KoolMoeCraig.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 10 years ago

I'm just happy that it's helping to destroy the price bubble. Those initial posts by some douchebags saying "I'm quitting the hobby because they are destroying the value of my machines" brought a smile to my face a mile wide.

It's single-handedly bringing prices down. Go check any Craigslist and look at the pins on there. Nothing is selling and people are still clinging to their over-inflated prices. They're trying to sell to have money for their MMR's. When deliveries actually start, look out.

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from Havoc:

Remake may be fun to play, but still just a remake. Kind of like classic cars they can make remakes and kit cars but they are not all that exciting.

Many kit car remakes are actually better performing the originals. More valuable or as rare? Nope. Better performance and better reliability? Yep.

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

BBB remakes = exact copy with Capcom logo, original boardset, artwork... etc.
MM remakes = missing logo, emulation pcbs, no sockets for inserts, decal vs silkscreen cab... etc.

Not sure if you saw this or not from Lloyd:

"Original BBB's had screened art work, remakes decals. Remakes tube dancer is a little smaller as they didn't have the original molds and copied one.

LTG : )"

So no, they were not exact copies either.

#214 10 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

I say this honestly (and not to inflame anyone or out myself as a "clown"), but I think the most accurate term to describe these new games would be MM:CGE, for Medieval Madness: Chicago Gaming Edition. They are not really WMS games because as everyone has pointed out WMS does not have a pinball factory anymore. And as far as worrying about whether you are getting an "LE" or a regular edition of these games I can't believe anyone is really caring too much about that at this point, there are barely any differences between the two (aside from how long you will wait for the second one).
But back to my previous soapbox, I understand why WMS stopped making pinball machines, I have had a front row seat for all that. I still maintain the economics have changed radically, they got out of a dying operator-fueled market where they could only get 3k or so for a unit. It's a whole new world now with rich homeowners willing to pay almost 5 figures for a game now right off the assembly line. IMHO.

You're not outing yourself as a clown, just as a current MM owner.

They could only get $3000 per unit which is about $5000 today so actually not that far off. Take into account that the HUO market barely existed back then and the market conditions today are arguably better.

#239 10 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

That is fair. But something to consider, current or past ownership of an original MM shouldn't immediately nullify or vilify me or my comments. Or anyone else for that matter. I'm not sure when everything in pinball got so competitive and nasty but my comments on this project come not because I'm jealous of other folks being able to get one of these great games, it is born of honest concern about the redesigned aspects of these new games. I don't know what the reputation of Chicago Gaming is for their other products but I can say their one and only foray into pinball produced a real turd. Just to be clear, this is a new platform 100%.

Current MM owners have much to gain from the failure of the remake. I don't think it comes from a place of jealousy at all. It comes from being pissed off that your game has lost a significant amount of value. Honestly, I think most people can understand that but at some point it would be nice to read things that are a bit less self-serving.

I just wish current MM owners could actually be happy that more people are going to be able to enjoy the sweet game that they love. Instead they constantly call into question the quality of a game that doesn't even physically exist yet. The anger displayed from non-stop bad mouthing is totally transparent sour grapes. How about the occasional post of "That would be really cool if they can pull this off"? That wont happen because deep down you don't want them to pull it off. You don't want the game to be as good as yours. And that my friend, is a shame.

#277 10 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

It is the only other board set they have designed. Until MMr. I can imagine if you have a commitment to spend 8k on these it would be uncomfortable to have these truths pointed out so sorry about that.

Broken record. Over and over and over. You REALLY think that this is going to be some slapped together piece of shit? Seriously? Upon delivery of the 1st machine you would have every single buyer pulling out and filing a lawsuit to get their deposits back, costing PPS literally MILLIONS and putting them out of business. You realize that, right? Give us break already with the Vacation America "worries". You are repeating this over and over in an attempt to cast doubt. You have zero vested interest in the remake but to hope that it fails.

Plenty of companies have produced dogshit products in their past. If this was a completely newly designed game, your fake worries might be valid. It isn't and they aren't. They are remaking a game. Did people stop buying Fords after the Pinto?(Sorry Greg) This is a fully licensed machine that has to receive final approval before it ships. It will be as close to the original machine as possible and in some ways better.

#279 10 years ago
Quoted from JC_Pins:

I'm staying in hoping the shiny black trim and habit rails become an included option, giving a much needed updated look. The cost is already high on this machine, I'm not willing to pay more or have it done aftermarket.
The gold (any version) is very tacky and the standard stainless does not look like a 2014 LE should.

I couldn't disagree more. The whole trend that Stern started with their powder coated metal trim looks cheap as hell. It costs them very little and it's a way to justify charging more money. Makes them look like Zizzle machines or something. Totally tacky and cheap looking.

I'll take my metal polished, thank you very much. Especially on a machine such as MM. Swords and armor would never have been powder coated

#280 10 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

I just think for $8,000.00 they should be solidly built and worth that tremendous pricetag. Don't you?

Hahahaa! Yeah, dude. That's ALL that you have been trying to say all this time. Give us a break.

Also, Viper. CC is the next game that is going to be remade. I got confirmation from someone on the inside. Start gearing up to bash that machine 'cause your CC is about to tank in value as well.

#281 10 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

I believe I will enjoy it more and it will feel more like the old Williams did when new then sterns mass produced and clackity clack clack buzzy flippers.

Amen on that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 64.99
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KoolMoeCraig.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-over-the-mmr-rush-or-having-second-thoughts?tu=KoolMoeCraig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.