(Topic ID: 42820)

Anyone out there tech savvy with Gottlieb Dodge City?

By GPS

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by JoeGrenuk
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Hello,

Was wondring what I might check on this pin if when the roll under target is hit, it does not advance to the next letter. For example, C is lit on the playfiled, the ball rolls under the gate and at this point it should then advance to D, but it does not.

Any thoughts??

Thanks in advance.

George

#2 11 years ago

Not familiar w/the game but is there a relay for each 'letter'? If so, I would check the switches on that relay to make sure clean and adjusted properly. If the other 'letters' are working then maybe you can compare to a working relay...if such.

Also, seeing your other thread on this game, what was the fix? Good to post so others can learn.

#3 11 years ago

What does the schematic show?

There is probably not a letter relay; an "advance" function is usually accomplished by a step unit, usually in the bottom of the cabinet.

#4 11 years ago

Hello Cash,

From what I was bale to glean from the E/M tech who solved that issue, there was something amiss in the reset circuit. It took him a couple hours to figure it out so I can only imagine it was not something stupid that I overlooked. As for the most recent issue, all the switches on the letters are good and all act as they should when the roll under is tripped. Just wont advance to the next letter. It was working a few days ago. Not sure what happened??

Thank you all for your suggestions!!

G

#5 11 years ago

Where is Steve Fury, LTG or Ken Layton when you need some EM knowledge =)

#6 11 years ago

They are possibly sitting this one out like me, without a schematic.

#7 11 years ago

exactly. Not enough info to make an educated guess for me

--Jeff

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from GPS:

Hello,
Was wondring what I might check on this pin if when the roll under target is hit, it does not advance to the next letter. For example, C is lit on the playfiled, the ball rolls under the gate and at this point it should then advance to D, but it does not.
Any thoughts??
Thanks in advance.
George

There should be a complete unit that controls the letters. Without a schematic, you can remove the playfield glass and start a game. When ball ejects into the shooter lane, collect the ball.

Then raise the playfield and watch the relays beneath on the cabinet floor and playfield. Manually trigger the rollover that moves from A to B. You should see one relay unit activate. This unit probably has a stepper with a bakelite pad with contacts.

Once you have identified the stepper, manually activate the switch and watch the stepper. Keep manually activating to see the stepper for each letter. My guess is that you need to clean the bakelite contacts with sandpaper and alcohol. You should be able to turn them from dirty to bright brassy color.

For more details on cleaning your contacts, visit www.pinrepair.com and review the EM section.

That is what I would do SECOND.

The FIRST thing you need to do is order a schematic from PB Resource ASAP!!

Good Luck!

Marcus

#9 11 years ago

About time we change Gottliebs thinking on schematics and licensing

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Chrisbee:

About time we change Gottliebs thinking on schematics and licensing

Well, someone (won't name him) is still making money on them. A shame really, he should let the schematics go public. After 30-50 years...there should be a law

#11 11 years ago

Hello Marcus,

Thank you for your reply. I will take a look and see what I can find. I do have a scheme for it but am not that well versed in reading them unfortunately. I will look and take it from there.

Thank you again.

George

#12 11 years ago

George, your having the schematic and not being able to read it doesn't help us help you. Take pics of it in 3 or 4 sections, upload it to an album, post the link here.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-out-there-tech-savvy-with-gottlieb-dodge-city and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.