(Topic ID: 185854)

anyone other than me wonder where the exact game you played ended up?

By patrickvc

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Miguel351
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

46734_1423347981368_2725954_n (resized).jpg
    000-pins12s (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

I was fortunate enough a couple months ago to pickup the same exact EATPM that I played as a kid. Is anyone crazy like me and wondered where that one pin or pins ended up you played as a kid? I sometimes wonder who has the Pinbot I played a ton at the bowling alley growing up. Maybe one of us who knows

#2 2 years ago

Great to have happen. Can't be too common an occurrence.

LTG : )

#3 2 years ago

I thought so too. It has been out of circulation in storage for 15 years. I always wondered where it ended up. One day it popped up on CL. Funny that I knew the guy who bought it. Now I'm restoring it. I refuse to even change flipper buttons since I pounded away on these ones when I was 12

#4 2 years ago

If only I could find the F14 my dad lugged in the house on xmas morning from Santa.

#5 2 years ago

I would love to find the black knight i played to death back in 81 or the space shuttle i lived on back in the mid 80`s . That would be soo cool.

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from patrickvc:

If only I could find the F14 my dad lugged in the house on xmas morning from Santa.

Lets give this Dad a huge thumbs up for being soo kick ass cool !!!!!

#7 2 years ago

i come close
    i own two EMs that were operated by the arcade at which i spent all my money
    but i did not play either there

#8 2 years ago

I have owned one game I used to play in a pub. A Jokerz (it was the 1st game I owned). The guy I sold it to still has it so I know where it is still.

I also know someone who owns the Banzai Run that I learnt how to play pinball on. It was the very game that got me hooked on pinball.

#9 2 years ago

I always wonder what happened to the MKII that I put so many quarters on the glass.

#10 2 years ago

I've often wondered this myself. I came close to buying a STTNG from a Roselle, IL bowling alley, but past on it on the last second due to finances. Wonder whatever happened to it. Or the many arcade machines from Chuck-E-Cheeses that closed in the early 90's.

#11 2 years ago

Well all of the games i played on at the amusement park as a kid is now somewhere in Finland, since a finn came and bought the whole lot (some 12 pins) and shipped them over a week before i got there to buy stuff when they had closed down their arcade section.

#12 2 years ago

I would love to know what happened to the Bally Kiss I spent all my pocket money on and some back in 81-82, It had some "weird" little glitch in that every third or fourth hit of the "D" it would give you one or to free credits, so a couple of dollars could last half the day.

#13 2 years ago

Many of the games I played as a kid were STILL in the same basement arcade until a few months back. Only recently were they removed and put out of their misery (they were barely operation for 10+ years). There was a Funhouse at this location that I would love to own for nostalgic purposes...it got nearly all of my tokens.

000-pins12s (resized).jpg

#14 2 years ago

I always wanted the Hercules at the midway arcade at cedar point in the 80s. Not even sure if they still had it. I also wanted thier sit down sinistar.

#15 2 years ago

Always wondered where the JP I used to play at Aladdin's Castle ended up. Pretty sure I was the one who got it removed from the location too. Got a ball stuck, told the employee on duty. Said he couldn't open it up. Went back a couple month. Still "Out of Service." Then was gone the next time I went back.

Always hoped I'd see it again somewhere else. Now I wonder what kind of condition it's in.

#16 2 years ago

The Cyclone we played as teens at our local arcade was bought by a billiards entertainment shop where my friend worked when the arcade closed down around a decade later. They sold it to him. I had the pleasure of repairing it and babysitting it for a about a year, until he could take it in at a bigger apartment. He still has it, and claims he will to the day he dies.

The "patient"...

46734_1423347981368_2725954_n (resized).jpg

#17 2 years ago

kind of the reverse, but I would really like to know the history of the machines I own. I kinda wished I'd asked the people I got them from where they got them. Although the last table I bought, the guy said he'd owned it for 15 years, but after having owned it a while and discovering some obvious things which needed fixing I began to question that story.

#18 2 years ago

I do own the board set from the Virtua Racing upright arcade that I played many times in high school. Unfortunately, the cabinet was too far gone to save. I have another VR upright that does work and plan to combine all the parts some day... some day...

#19 2 years ago

Pretty sure the TAF at funspot is the one i cut my teeth on almost 25 years ago now, I pop in there every now and then when i'm in the area. The chair hole is about the size of my fist at this point.

#20 2 years ago

Not pins, but I do own the Chexx hockey game, Donkey Kong, and Mr. Do's Wild Ride I used to play at my local Chuck E. Cheese when I was a kid. I used to own the QBert, too, but I don't want to get into how it got sold. Long, sad story. I also used to have the Astron Belt(laserdisc game) from there, but that got left outside at my father's place and the cabinet practically disintegrated. I saved all the internals, though.

This was when CEC first sold out to Showbiz Pizza when CEC was going bankrupt. They closed the location by our house and auctioned off everything inside. I remember going with my mom and older brother and being amazed that she bought so many games! It was so cool seeing all those games come in through the front door!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Great American Pinball
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 1,000.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    $ 39.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Pinball Pro
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 349.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 239.00
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Just 3D Mods
    $ 10.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Lee's Parts

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside