5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

Anyone on Instagram? I share your pinball pics and videos with hashtag #pinballlife @pinballlife is my account. What's your Instagram name.

#2 5 years ago

Just opened an account yesterday. We will put pics here and our FB page

https://instagram.com/milehigharcade/

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball_Life:

Anyone on Instagram? I share your pinball pics and videos with hashtag #pinballlife @pinballlife is my account. What's your Instagram name.

You might want to consider changing your user name before you get rolling with this account.. seeing as how Terry, the owner of Pinball Life parts store, posts here as 'Pinballlife'. Could get real confusing.

#4 5 years ago

Yes, he was first to the name pinballlife on here but that's the name we are going by on Instragram hence the in our name. Hard to change it to anything other than close to our IG name.

#5 5 years ago

Pinball life has been selling since 1999. I think it would be best to take a different name (here, and on instagram).

#6 5 years ago

You can't just change your name on Instagram, specially with close to a thousand followers in a few weeks but thanks for the suggestion. Pinballlife was a name I came up with on Instagram before I knew there was a website out there with the same name. Not trying to start anything just trying to share my love for pinball.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

You might want to consider changing your user name before you get rolling with this account.. seeing as how Terry, the owner of Pinball Life parts store, posts here as 'Pinballlife'. Could get real confusing.

I wondered why Terry was so excited about Instagram! lol

#8 5 years ago

This reminds me of the Redskins episode on South Park

#9 5 years ago

riff raff is on it

#10 5 years ago

%instagram

#11 5 years ago

I unfollowed your account once I realized it wasn't Terry; I felt kinda duped. Even if that wasn't your intent, it's pretty odd to just abscond with the name of an established company.

#12 5 years ago

richmondpinball

The account is a shared account of the The Richmond Pinball League and we post pics from league, restoration stuff as well as from events we attend including the Flippers Tournaments in NC as well as Pinburgh last year and will be posting from ReplayFX this year.

our IG account also feeds our Blog at http://rvapinball.org/tag/river-city-flippers/
    we are a pinball only site.

#13 5 years ago

I've seen my daughter rename her Instagram name several times.

https://help.instagram.com/116836975134193/

How do I update my profile information (ex: name, username, email)?

To update your profile information:
    1. Go to your profile by tapping
    2. Tap Edit Your Profile
    3. Type in your new name, username, website or bio and then tap Done (iPhone), Save (Android) or the check mark (Windows Phone)

#14 5 years ago

Love @richmondpinball we currently follow you guys.

#15 5 years ago

I post pinball pics sometimes but mostly my artwork. I'm @spencer_art if anyone is interested

#16 5 years ago

Awesome account @spencer_art we just followed you.

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from Curtis_Playfield:

I unfollowed your account once I realized it wasn't Terry; I felt kinda duped. Even if that wasn't your intent, it's pretty odd to just abscond with the name of an established company.

I would guess MANY of their followers are following them under false pretense.

#18 5 years ago

Sorry dude but thats just shite. You wont make many friends here starting like this.

#19 5 years ago

I think I'm gonna start a new Instagram account and call it stern__pinball. The name is just a coincidence, I'm not doing anything wrong because I added an extra underscore lol.

#20 5 years ago

Pinballlife isn't even on Instagram and his facebook page hasn't been updated since 2012. So because he owns a website he created in 1999 that entitles him to that name on every social media site? I would not compare him to Stern. Pinball Life is a very broad term. I'm not even selling anything or in compitition with him so who cares what my name is. Was just trying to make some friends on here but I guess not.

#21 5 years ago

But here is the thing. Here, where you were trying to make friends Pinball Life is a cornerstone of our community. Forget all the rest, that's what matters.

#22 5 years ago

The thing is we aren't changing our name because that's the name we chose on Instagram before we knew there was a pinballlife.com website. What we do is totally different than the website. You can keep defending your friend pinballlife on here but we only came here to become friends with other pinballers. If this name doesn't get us any friends on here and people keep slamming our name so be it. We are not trying to be like Pinball Life just trying to share our love of pinball.

#23 5 years ago

*edit* Nevermind, clearly you don't get it, I'm not going to waste any further effort to even talk to someone this one-dimensional.

Fastest ignore list add...ever.

#25 5 years ago

Hey Chuck. Just followed you. I've seen you on Instagram. Great account.

#26 5 years ago

If you want to "make friends" stop acting like a weirdo troll and thumbs downing all of the people who are trying to help you . Admit you made a silly mistake and fix it, it's very easy to do. If your account is decent, it'll survive.

#27 5 years ago

How are you trying to help us? By telling us to change our name and blocking us? Not changing our name and not a troll. Trying to make friends but keep getting slammed because of our broad name.

#28 5 years ago

How are you trying to help us? By telling us to change our name and blocking us? Not changing our name and not a troll. Trying to make friends but keep getting slammed because of our broad name.

Welcome to Pinside, how's your first day coming along?

#29 5 years ago

I'm curious who "Us" is. We and us has been used a few times. Is this a group or a single person?

#30 5 years ago

Dude your followers are following you because they think it's the real Pinball Life. What part of that confuses you? Come up with an original name, quit being "that guy"!

#31 5 years ago

Hanging in there TheLaw. Trying to last longer than a day.

#32 5 years ago

People here can stop getting offended for other people. If Terry has an issue with this Terry can contact him. If Terry has a TM he can do a C&D.

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from calvin12:

People here can stop getting offended for other people. If Terry has an issue with this Terry can contact him. If Terry has a TM he can do a C&D.

Where do you think you are? Have you seen the thousands of threads of people getting upset about nothing on here? It's what people here live for.

I wish the guy would just put a Y in his name or something so he is distinguishable from Terry. Otherwise I could care less and encourage everyone to get into the hobby. But he needs to stop defending it, or change it. Trying to prove why he has a right to use the name feeds the trolls.

#34 5 years ago

I'm not "offended for terry" I just think it's lazy and the person is obvs a little aggro. Also I didn't block the account; they are following me

#35 5 years ago

How about Pinball4Life, Pinball_is_Life or The_Pinball_Life. Plenty of good options to choose from if desired

#36 5 years ago

I didn't realize that this would get you guys so upset.

#37 5 years ago

I didn't realize that this would get you guys so upset.

I could care less

#38 5 years ago

You can't just change your name on Instagram, specially with close to a thousand followers in a few weeks but thanks for the suggestion. Pinballlife was a name I came up with on Instagram before I knew there was a website out there with the same name. Not trying to start anything just trying to share my love for pinball.

you actually can. and i've seen you floating on IG and I have to think that you've done it on purpose. it's in bad form, dude.

#39 5 years ago

Nah two of those would make them even more upset. Probably already someone who calls themselves thepinballlife and that would piss off a whole other group of people.

#40 5 years ago

All because someone created a website in 1999.

#41 5 years ago

What is your other name here?

#42 5 years ago

And hosted great parties, sells great stuff, provides great service...

#43 5 years ago

And then joined this site 9.5 years ago... those dicks.

#44 5 years ago

No, saying we can't use a name on Instagram or here because someone owns a .com from 1999.

#45 5 years ago

Epic troll thread!!!

#46 5 years ago

No, saying we can't use a name on Instagram or here because someone owns a .com from 1999.

Again. What is your other name here?

I don't believe Pinball_Life is your only "handle" on this forum.

Anyone in the hobby is familiar w/both Pinside & Pinball Life.

You did this on purpose.

So who are you? What's your other screen name here?

#47 5 years ago

It IS weird. I mean, you've been using basically their name for 24 hours here and it's gone so well. Crazy world!

#48 5 years ago

It's not about creating a website in 1999. The REAL Pinball Life is one of the biggest and well known pinball parts stores. Most of us here who collect/repair/restore machines know Pinball Life is a store and when we see Pinball Life post here, we know it's Terry. Pinball Life hosts insane epic parties every year during Chicago Expo. Clearly you should be able to see that there is going to be some confusion by you choosing the same name for your IG & Pinside account.

Stop being so defensive and just take this info for what it is: Educational. There is only ONE Pinball Life, and it's not you. You'd be doing yourself a service by changing the name.

#49 5 years ago

I know right. Nice community you guys have here. Easily offended by a oh and I think Pinballlife has a copyright on such a broad term.

#50 5 years ago

Pinside_Life

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Playfield - Protection
    Pin Monk
    $ 14.99
    Hardware
    Chroma Pinball
    $ 224.99
    $ 144.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    The MOD Couple
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 66.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    Pinball Machine
    Monster Bash Remake Out of stock
    Flip N Out Pinball
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 99.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Sales
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 12.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 400.00
    Playfields
    Maple Street Sign Shop
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 70.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 395.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    M&M Mods
    There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside