(Topic ID: 124253)

Anyone NOT use head bolts? (in their late model Williams games)

By joemagiera

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 98 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Homepin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

large.jpg
    20150412_185320.jpg
    draw-latch-boats-stainless-steel-26885-204631.jpg
    rear back box damage.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tslayer71.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 9 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

The latch really is fine. Pretty much just old timers here will disagree. There are a ton of collectors in this area and no one - NO ONE uses head bolts. We shake and move games around. Nothing ever falls. A topper is more likely to come unbolted before the head falls down. The head bolts are only for routed games and the super old people that probably have mostly em anyways.

Yep never had any problems. I guess if your still worried just put another latch back there giving you two. It's not going to fail with one, and definitely not gonna fail with two. This is also a lot quicker than dealing with the bolts..

#59 9 years ago
    Quoted from joemagiera:

Thanks for all the feedback. I'm trying to come up with a reasonably secure, but fast solution. Middle of a game party and someone is really wanting to play the other game. I don't want to be messing with taking the translite out, dealing with the bolts. I might try the two latch idea that a few have suggested.

Wow someone is actually going to use my solution that will most definitely work. This is a pinside first for me!

#73 9 years ago
    Quoted from DefaultGen:

So much debate over something that literally takes 45 seconds.

The OP has clearly stated he doesn't want to remove the translite and fool around. 45 sec - bull*hit! Why would you want to deal with this after a couple of beers and entertaining a bunch of folks?!?

#78 9 years ago
    Quoted from brad808:

Judging by most of the responses people have read nothing but the title.

Ya just can never understand this? You can lead a pinsider to water, but you can't make em drink!

#84 9 years ago
    Quoted from mattosborn:

I've read Joe's post a few times now, and I'm not getting it.... How does being able to quickly fold down the head help his situation? Maybe I'm just being dense, but I can't picture it. Maybe Joe or somebody else can chime in and help the mentally challenged....

First paragraph - first post. OP has limited room so he has wall game (ie. darts) behind pinball backbox. He needs a quick/easy/reliable system to fold down backbox to play darts...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tslayer71.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-not-use-head-bolts-in-their-late-model-williams-games?tu=tslayer71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.