(Topic ID: 124253)

Anyone NOT use head bolts? (in their late model Williams games)

By joemagiera

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 98 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Homepin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

large.jpg
    20150412_185320.jpg
    draw-latch-boats-stainless-steel-26885-204631.jpg
    rear back box damage.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rca1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 9 years ago
    Quoted from Axl:

but how do you install the head bolts?

Inside the backbox, there are holes in the bottom. Those holes match up to large tee nuts installed in the cabinet "neck". Simply slide the bolts in through the holes in the backbox and tighten into the nuts. Wingbolts make this very easy,but regular bolts with washers work fine. The latch on the back exists so that the backbox will stay in place while you are installing the bolts. The latch is not intended to be used for permanent setup.

#54 9 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

That's not true at all. The backbox stays up fine with no bolts or latch and will not fall down. Gravity handles it. In fact it's somewhat stable this way and in my shop I've accidentally had a few upright unlatched and never noticed until I went to fold them down. It's not like as soon as you unlatch the head the head slams forward.
    The head is stable up with no latch. The latch prevents it from falling when shaken or moved. The bolts are for those old timers that are too emotionally attached in their ways to handle using a latch. Nothing more.
    Edit: got a couple games on route for last few years and never used the bolts there either. Only the latch.

That's not what I said. I said the latch is intended to be used for setup only. Read the warning text on the back.20150412_185320.jpg20150412_185320.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rca1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-not-use-head-bolts-in-their-late-model-williams-games?tu=rca1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.