(Topic ID: 292119)

Anyone near Allentown have an Escalera I could rent or borrow?

By SilverUnicorn

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

Hi!

I need to move 6 machines out of my father in law's basement as he is moving. Several attempts at getting friends to help has not panned out and I can't do it myself. I was hoping to do this this coming Saturday.

Does anyone in the Quakertown / Allentown area have an Escalera that I can borrow or rent? Or, of I can get a few people to help, I could do it without an Escalera maybe?

There are 12 steps, a landing turn, then 2 more steps.

Let me know if you can help in any way please! Afterward we could go to a local watering hole for beer and food

Chirs

#2 2 years ago

If I were closer and if you are fully vaccinated I would help you for sure. Unfortunately 3 hours each way rules it out so all I can offer in this bump is a refresher on how to spell "Chris".

-Rob
    -visit htttps://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner kit

#3 2 years ago

This place is nearby, don't know if this interests you. Seems kinda pricey, but that's their business.
    https://www.orerentals.com/equipment.asp?action=category&category=85&key=085%2D0025

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

This place is nearby, don't know if this interests you. Seems kinda pricey, but that's their business.
    https://www.orerentals.com/equipment.asp?action=category&category=85&key=085%2D0025

thanks, I might check this out. I was contemplating buying an Escalera for a while now, this might just be the push I need.

Wonder if Zach would trade for a Black Knight machine? LOL

The other advantage to ORE rental is that if you rent on a Friday you can ue it until Monday return and only be billed for 1 day. makes the cost more reasonable if you have other stuff to move too.

Chris

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

If I were closer and if you are fully vaccinated I would help you for sure. Unfortunately 3 hours each way rules it out so all I can offer in this bump is a refresher on how to spell "Chris".
    -Rob
    -visit htttps://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner kit

HAHAH! I didn't even realize I spelt it wrong (and yes, that was SPELT - intentionally). Anyway, yeah, 3 hours is a long way but appreciate the free bump .

woody76 - Rob is good people. we shared a space at the last 2 Pinfest shows.

Chris (hey, look! I spelled it right)

#6 2 years ago

Hi Chris,

Asking if you still plan to move the pins Saturday and need help? Depending on the timeframe, I could be available.

David

#7 2 years ago

If it were Allentown NJ, you’d be welcome to mine, but I’m guessing it is PA.

#8 2 years ago

Can't help unfortunately, but have you used an Escalara before? You may want to google or search up what happened the last time someone on this site unfamiliar with them borrowed one . Hope you get some help, but if you do borrow one, practice and be careful!

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

thanks, I might check this out. I was contemplating buying an Escalera for a while now, this might just be the push I need.
    Wonder if Zach would trade for a Black Knight machine? LOL

Chris

Quoted from grantopia:

Can't help unfortunately, but have you used an Escalara before? You may want to google or search up what happened the last time someone on this site unfamiliar with them borrowed one . Hope you get some help, but if you do borrow one, practice and be careful!

Yes, I have used one before. These will only be going up so I'm not concerned (too much).

Chris

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from rocketman:

Hi Chris,
    Asking if you still plan to move the pins Saturday and need help? Depending on the timeframe, I could be available.
    David

I am planning on doing it whenever I can get help. LOL

Doesn't matter what day or evening. (well, I do work but can do it in the evening if it's a work day).

And yes, it is Allentown, PA. Sorry for not clarifying.

Chris

#11 2 years ago

Your name happen to be Stephen?

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from tommyp:

And from Ephrata?

#13 2 years ago

If I had one I’d help you Chris.

And #paytheboob

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from tommyp:

Nope. Did I miss something? LOL

Chris

#15 2 years ago
    #16 2 years ago

got to love #paytheboob

#17 2 years ago

Sent you a PM.

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from Turtle:

Sent you a PM.

In communication, thank you

Chris

#19 2 years ago

Got this done tonight. HUGE thanks to Turtle for all of his help!

It is sincerely appreciated!

Chris

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-near-allentown-have-an-escalera-i-could-rent-or-borrow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.