Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by BrianZ
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

front_(resized).jpg
side4_(resized).jpg
side3_(resized).jpg
side2_(resized).jpg
side1_(resized).jpg
box_(resized).jpg
sidehead_(resized).jpg
side_(resized).jpg
glass_(resized).jpg
front_(resized).jpg
Data_East_Back_Box_Dimension.png

#1 4 years ago

Is anyone making new Data East Cabinets? I can find it for everything else, but DE machines. I would have thought with the current market, that someone has to be making some...?

I've got a DE SW cab that is literally falling apart. It has water damage and the bottom is bowing severely. I can restore the cabinet, but not without spending a lot of hours and $$$.

If I could get one net new, that would be ideal....

#2 4 years ago

There isn't much demand for Data East Cabinets without DE artwork. To my knowledge the only one to have officially been run was Guns N Roses? I know there have been a few done illegally like SW, but not many.

#3 4 years ago

Legal or not, seems you can now get the artwork for SW, JP, Tommy, GNR. Early on I could understand the near zero demand. But now with these available, I would have thought their might be some increased demand.

#4 4 years ago

Making a cabinet is illegal?

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

Making a cabinet is illegal?

No, making copies of the art-work, which is licensed, apparently is....

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from BrianZ:

Is anyone making new Data East Cabinets? I can find it for everything else, but DE machines. I would have thought with the current market, that someone has to be making some...?
I've got a DE SW cab that is literally falling apart. It has water damage and the bottom is bowing severely. I can restore the cabinet, but not without spending a lot of hours and $$$.

Tales from the Crypt cab decals are out there as well.....

1 week later
#7 4 years ago

Bump....

Is there really that much lack of interest?

We know we can get artwork, so if enough interest someone would start making cabs...

But judging by the response, it does not look good....

#8 4 years ago

Contact virtuapin as I believe they can/will make custom cabs. If they don't have plans for data east yet you may be able to work out some sort of deal with them to help them get the plans made up and you get a discount on the cab. Worth a shot.

http://virtuapin.net/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2&zenid=ab42c7e063a33197aded62c409dd3286

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from BrianZ:

No, making copies of the art-work, which is licensed, apparently is....

Yep, and according to the people in the predator pinball thread, if you do this your a dirtbag/shady character, and its the same as stealing These righteous warriors would never even THINK of using some of these unlicensed counterfeit items! Its a crime and you'll have the gustapo come to your house and rip them right off your game!

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Its a crime and you'll have the gustapo come to your house and rip them right off your game!

and then the haul you away, put you in the slammer and throw away the key.

#11 4 years ago

Get me your cab and $400.00 and i will get you one made. I do not need any hardware just the head and cab.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Get me your cab and $400.00 and i will get you one made. I do not need any hardware just the head and cab.

Dang Rock what don't you do.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from BrianZ:

We just finished our first DE, WWFRR. It came out stellar, and that will be added to the site soon!

We would be very open to working something out with you to get your cabinet into our shop for reproduction. Feel free to give us a call, and we'll see what we can do for you. (248) 252-6871

Thank you.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Dang Rock what don't you do.

I don't do anything but i know a good guy that does.

#15 4 years ago

Thx everyone. I appreciate the offers. Open to doing something, but shipping (both ways) makes this crazy. $200-500 for a cab does not bother me, but the extra 200-300 in shipping on top of it does....

I don't have any plans, which probably makes this more complicated..

I will let everyone know what i decide.

Quoted from Haymaker:

Yep, and according to the people in the Predator pinball thread, if you do this your a dirtbag/shady character, and its the same as stealing These righteous warriors would never even THINK of using some of these unlicensed counterfeit items! Its a crime and you'll have the gustapo come to your house and rip them right off your game!

Yeah, I read and that bit is just outrageous stupidity. Let's see the license was already paid for this pin, and I'm just restoring it (for my families use). Nobody is getting ripped off......

1 month later
#16 4 years ago

I inquired into getting a new DE back box from virtual pin. When I have time I just need to send my old back box to them and they will cnc new

1 week later
#17 3 years ago

Let me know what happens.... I would order as well. If you doing the backbox only, does that mean the main cab is identical to Williams/Bally (I suspect this was the case, but had not measured)?

2 months later
#18 3 years ago

Brian,

FYI if you need back box measurements (am getting these pieces cut using Baltic Birch 3/4" (13 ply) plywood from a local guy in Martinez, CA).

Plywood - 5' x 5' is $56 / piece

Data_East_Back_Box_Dimension.png

#19 3 years ago

If anyone needs a cab, I have a data east batman.

#20 3 years ago

What condition is the cab in?

#21 3 years ago

The cab is pretty good. Playfield was worn out within 2 years of use and has been sitting folded up ever since. I sold the back glass, used the boards and stole a bunch of playfield parts off it, but the cab should be good. Not sure if it has a lockdown bar, coin door is gone, but I probably have a generic door. I have the legs for it, but 1 or 2 of them are bent.

I will get pics on wed. The pics of have are only of the 2nd complete batman that I have. But both cabs should be about the same shape as they both came from the same operator at the same time.

front_(resized).jpg

glass_(resized).jpg

side_(resized).jpg

sidehead_(resized).jpg

#22 3 years ago

PM sent

#23 3 years ago

here are pics of the actual cabinet. my buddy is not through pulling piece off the batman, so I left it at his house. I will probably grab it next week.

box_(resized).jpg

side1_(resized).jpg

side2_(resized).jpg

side3_(resized).jpg

side4_(resized).jpg

front_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#24 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryphun:

Brian,
FYI if you need back box measurements (am getting these pieces cut using Baltic Birch 3/4" (13 ply) plywood from a local guy in Martinez, CA).
Plywood - 5' x 5' is $56 / piece

Thank you. Post some pics when done. As soon as work calms down, I want to get cracking on my DE cab. Assuming I have a donor or new cab....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 64.00
$ 128.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Ballston Spa, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside