• 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Part_3
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Smaug.png
There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

I am considering giving up my spot, let me know if you are interested.

Decided to just get a refund for my money back. If anyone wants this, they should contact Christopher at King Pin Games for a price. Great guy!!

Christopher Meunier
King Pin Games
Jersey Jack Pinball Distributor
VirtuaPin Distributor
[email protected]
http://www.KingPinGames.net

#2 10 years ago

How much?

#3 10 years ago

$1. That movie was terrible. I'm the biggest LOTR fan, but after sitting through that 3 hour desolation of smaug crap, the first thought that popped into my head was now the hobbit pinball machine will lose demand.

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

$1. That movie was terrible. I'm the biggest LOTR fan, but after sitting through that 3 hour desolation of smaug crap, the first thought that popped into my head was now the hobbit pinball machine will lose demand.

I thought the movie was really good. All a matter of personal taste I suppose.

#5 10 years ago

I just saw the movie Thursday, I thought it was enjoyable as well. Smaug was awesome and the interaction with Bilbo was amusing yet had the tone of imminent death. The White Orc/Warg riders are sweet, even the elf king Thanduil is freaking creepy. Spider scene in the Elf forest made me feel squirmy!

Cant wait to get my Hobbit!

#6 10 years ago

For some reason, it seems that the worse the movie, the better the pin .... I haven't seen either movie, but my THLE order is staying pat.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

For some reason, it seems that the worse the movie, the better the pin .... I haven't seen either movie, but my THLE order is staying pat.

Isn't that the formula that's held up? Was thinking to actually watch some of the movie pins I like but people were like, 'dude you better get mega high first' I did like the LOTR movies though and the pin. Demo Man pin is great, haven't seen the pin. Have a feeling Hobbit will be a nice machine though (hoping!)

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I just saw the movie Thursday, I thought it was enjoyable as well. Smaug was awesome and the interaction with Bilbo was amusing yet had the tone of imminent death. The White Orc/Warg riders are sweet, even the elf king Thanduil is freaking creepy. Spider scene in the Elf forest made me feel squirmy!
Cant wait to get my Hobbit!

I hear its going to have lots of purple in it!

Smaug.pngSmaug.png
#9 10 years ago

Is the hobbit le sold out yet?

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Is the hobbit le sold out yet?

I don't think so.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

How true:

Addams Family
Tron

#12 10 years ago

Just saw the movie yesterday and enjoyed. I thought it was quite a bit better than the first.

#13 10 years ago

But what happend to SW EP1? Broke the mold.
Both werent writing home to mother about. Lol

#14 10 years ago

The movie sucked but I thought the original LOTR trilogy sucked too. I do like the LOTR pin though. Have to play a finished hobbit before deciding.

#15 10 years ago

Might be hard to sell your LE unless you tell us how far ahead in line you are. I'm just about dead last myself.

#16 10 years ago

Thought the movie (th) was ok, but lotr movies were masterpieces. Won best picture (rotk)... So TH was nice to revisit that world.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from whocanitbenow:

How true:
Addams Family
Tron

don't forget shadow

#18 10 years ago

Hey, the Addams Family is a good movie!

#19 10 years ago

I will sell my thoughts of a preorder pretty cheap. Just paypal me $15 and i'll give you what I think about preorders.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from whocanitbenow:

How true:
Addams Family
Tron

Quoted from cosmokramer:

don't forget shadow

Quoted from Gov:

Hey, the Addams Family is a good movie!

What was this thread about again..oh yes a Hobbit spot FS thread What is your order date/number, might help with the sale?

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I will sell my thoughts of a preorder pretty cheap. Just paypal me $15 and i'll give you what I think about preorders.

paypal sent as a gift, please share with us your thoughts on preorders.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Spider scene in the Elf forest made me feel squirmy!

I was watching this at the Alamo Drafthouse, and of course they brought out my pizza during this scene. Kinda killed the appetite a bit! I definitely enjoyed the movie and can't wait for the third.

#23 10 years ago

Decided to just get a refund for my money back. If anyone wants this, they should contact Christopher at King Pin Games for a price. Great guy!!

Christopher Meunier
King Pin Games
VirtuaPin Distributor
[email protected]
www.KingPinGames.net

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Might be hard to sell your LE unless you tell us how far ahead in line you are. I'm just about dead last myself.

I recently traded a CQ AFM + cash for one of the top spots (#15). From what he said, we're looking at one of the most exciting technologically interactive pinball machine ever made up to this point. Worth every penny!

#25 10 years ago

I thought the distributers we're not allowed to give your money back

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Given the track record with new games, I would not want one of the first games produced or even one of the first 500 produced.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

He is buying the game back from me.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I recently traded a CQ AFM + cash for one of the top spots (#15). From what he said, we're looking at one of the most exciting technologically interactive pinball machine ever made up to this point. Worth every penny!

Which part? Can you elaborate a bit. I would like hear more.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

I was watching this at the Alamo Drafthouse, and of course they brought out my pizza during this scene. Kinda killed the appetite a bit! I definitely enjoyed the movie and can't wait for the third.

Wait a minute... Drafthouse and pizza ,with service, at a movie?! Jealous!!!!

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Given the track record with new games, I would not want one of the first games produced or even one of the first 500 produced.

That's understandable considering the WOZ rollout debacle. That was then. This is now. Look how far JJP has come since 2011. They're all geared up now and have a dedicated programing office in Chicago. They've worked real hard to build their company up to compete with Stern and others. With the quality build they bring with code being updated continuously, I have the upmost confidence that my #15 machine will be perfect!

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

i don't know where you heard something like that. I am a distributor for Jersey Jack Pinball, but the practices that i use in my business are all my own. If someone is not satisfied with something that i have sold them i do whatever it takes (including give a refund if necessary) to correct that.

I can not speak for any other JJP distributor, only for myself.

with that being said, i have already been contacted by a few people and have informed them that i do have (1) one The Hobbit Limited Edition machine available as of now. I work off of the "this is my word and it is good" business practice. I will respond to all the emails that i get, but the machine will go to the first person in line that says they want it and accepts the terms of the agreement.

Christopher Meunier
King Pin Games
VirtuaPin Distributor
[email protected]
http://www.KingPinGames.net

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I will respond to all the emails that i get, but the machine will go to the first person in line that says they want it and accepts the terms of the agreement.

At what price?

#33 10 years ago

the price is $7500, that is the price that Thedarkknight77 purchased it at and that is the price that i am refunding so i see no need to change it.

as of this moment 11:27am CST January 5th, 2014 there are already two people that have sent in emails asking about this spot. they know which order they are in and any further emails will be put into the line in there corresponding order according to when they (the emails) are received.

Christopher

#34 10 years ago

the price is $7500, that is the price that Thedarkknight77 purchased it at and that is the price that i am refunding so i see no need to change it.

Told you Christopher was a great guy!

#35 10 years ago

as of this moment 11:27am CST January 5th, 2014 there are already two people that have sent in emails asking about this spot. they know which order they are in and any further emails will be put into the line in there corresponding order according to when they (the emails) are received.
Christopher

What a great guy/company we have here. All should follow his lead!

#36 10 years ago

And those looking to order a JJP game should strongly consider doing so through through Chris.

#37 10 years ago

thanks for all the kinds words guys.

it makes me feel all warm inside, while it is currently 1 above 0, and on its way to -26 tonight outside.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

That's understandable considering the WOZ rollout debacle. That was then. This is now. Look how far JJP has come since 2011. They're all geared up now and have a dedicated programing office in Chicago. They've worked real hard to build their company up to compete with Stern and others. With the quality build they bring with code being updated continuously, I have the upmost confidence that my #15 machine will be perfect!

It's odd that as the old staunch supporters lost faith there are new people lining to replace them. Ah, the power of salesmen.

#39 10 years ago

Christopher

Wow yeah I was informed by my distributer that there are no refunds I see that it varies by distributer

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

It's odd that as the old staunch supporters lost faith there are new people lining to replace them. Ah, the power of salesmen.

Ah, the power of making a superior product is more like it!

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Superior product.........."Yes", superior business model..............."No".

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

You mean the hobbit machine that you were talking about earlier that is completely amazing even though you haven't seen a whitewood? Or the oz machine that's had flipper issues, CPU issues, really poor gi lighting, light boards dying, locking up, among other issues still to be worked out? A fanboi is indeed born every minute.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

You mean the hobbit machine that you were talking about earlier that is completely amazing even though you haven't seen a whitewood? Or the oz machine that's had flipper issues, CPU issues, really poor gi lighting, light boards dying, locking up, among other issues still to be worked out? A fanboi is indeed born every minute.

On that note, still better than stern!

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Sorry I upset you. Seeing you own several Sterns, I can see why. I'd be disgruntled too if I bought one of those poorly programed stripped down pinballs as well. JJP may have had issues on their initial roll out, but at least their trying to work towards a fix and only build quality products. Unlike the Stern pins that are still needing to be finished. It's looking like you're a more of a fanboi, a "Stepford" Stern boy.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Sorry I upset you. Seeing you own several Sterns, I can see why. I'd be disgruntled too if I bought one of those poorly programed stripped down pinballs as well. JJP may have had issues on their initial roll out, but at least their trying to work towards a fix and only build quality products. Unlike the Stern pins that are still needing to be finished. It's looking like you're a more of a fanboi, a "Stepford" Stern boy.

Congrats. I had to give a thumb down for that post. I seldom do this...but you fully deserve it.
Rejoy! A new Stern-bashing Troll... It's been a long time.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Congrats. I had to give a thumb down for that post. I seldom do this...but you fully deserve it.
Rejoy! A new Stern-bashing Troll... It's been a long time.

It's not Stern bashing if it's true!

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

It's not Stern bashing if it's true!

Sterns are excellent and JJP is too, why are you in here trolling? We need more positive and not the negative you bring.

#48 10 years ago

I own 5 sterns and over the years more than a dozen. Not a hater, as they have made some GREAT pins. But the quality and QC out the door is piss poor. I've lost count on how many times I've had to get new boards, switches, and "fixes" right away for brand new pins. I love that JJP is supposedly (never seen one in person) putting out a much higher quality pin. I hope Stern follows that model.

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Sterns are excellent and JJP is too, why are you in here trolling? We need more positive and not the negative you bring.

I agree. I'll tone it back. I do enjoy several Stern titles. So, coming off as strong as I did was uncalled for. Just popped a gasket over what someone else had said and got swept up in it.

Long Live Pinball

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I own 5 sterns and over the years more than a dozen. Not a hater, as they have made some GREAT pins. But the quality and QC out the door is piss poor. I've lost count on how many times I've had to get new boards, switches, and "fixes" right away for brand new pins. I love that JJP is supposedly (never seen one in person) putting out a much higher quality pin. I hope Stern follows that model.

All pins have problems. If it's not broken it's not pinball. Half the fun for me is troubleshooting as sick as that is.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-looking-for-a-hobbit-le-pre-order-spot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.