(Topic ID: 256716)

Anyone like Weller Tools?

By JeffZee

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

30 years ago I put together an Xcelite toolkit which I've liked and has held up nicely. I'd like to add a few items. But it looks like Xcelite name has been punted around and is now synonymous with Weller. Is it still the same stuff?

#2 4 years ago

I have a Weller WE Base Unit and it is great. Not familiar with cheaper brands though.

#3 4 years ago

I've had a Weller Soldering Station for over 20 years and it's still going strong....

#4 4 years ago

Been using Wellers for more than 30 years and they have been very reliable.
    For home use - I have a WESD51 which is excellent.

#5 4 years ago

here there is only weller and pace. weller ( especially older weller) is a well trusted name.

#6 4 years ago

Cooper tools owns Weller, Xcelite, Crescent and several others I can’t remember. Anything Xcelite I’ve ever owned has been top notch. It’s one of the lesser known tools brands that’s superior to most-like SK. As far as Weller goes, there’s 2 grades of Weller. There’s real, old school Weller that they’ve been building for ages that’s totally bad ass and superior and then there’s the big box store Weller that’s cheap junk that won’t last long and doesn’t work as good as the old Weller iron dad gave you when you were 9...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-like-weller-tools?hl=ryanbrooks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.