(Topic ID: 139192)

Anyone know who's paragon is on eBay in Canfield?

By tdiddy

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by rollitover
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_2015-09-18-10-46-32.png

#1 3 years ago

There's a paragon on ebay and it's close to me. I was wondering if anyone knew who's it is, what's the condition and what their really looking to get out of it.

ebay.com link

#2 3 years ago

I dont know who the seller is, but I am always happy to open my mouth and share my opinion. Either way, I hope that you can find a nice one that is fairly priced and close by.

I see some paint flaking at the very bottom right in the middle, and I can tell that someone has touched up the black around the bonus inserts. The coin door coin return appears to have been cut out into a big rectangle. The room where the machine is located appears to be a total mess, and for me that is always a red flag on the type of owner.

I suggest making a conservative offer and getting the sellers phone number and then planning to drive 90 minutes over there.

#3 3 years ago

What's a conservative offer in your opinion, old ballys aren't my specialty

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

The room where the machine is located appears to be a total mess, and for me that is always a red flag on the type of owner.

I was thinking the same thing, is this in a garage or barn? Where ever it is, it not a good spot for it

#5 3 years ago

$750 If you don't really care if it comes or goes but might like to have it.
$900 is legitimate if you are really pursuing it.

All offers based on condition of course.

#6 3 years ago

Player 2 display seems....off. ' ' 00

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

The coin door coin return appears to have been cut out into a big rectangle.

I think that is a piece of tape covering the coin return.

#8 3 years ago

I'm really trying to hunt one down, I have no idea how long it would stay. But I think the layout is pretty unique and want a restore project for the winter.

#9 3 years ago

Judging from where it's being stored, I'd guess the temperature fluctuates wildly. The backglass is probably worse than it looks in the photos. I already see a chunk missing along the bottom. The there's a good chance that the playfield is planked too. The player 1 display has burnt segments. The player 2 display has an extra segment lit when it's not supposed to be.

There's a good chance that the MPU has battery damage since I doubt it's been serviced at all.

Quoted from EEE:

The coin door coin return appears to have been cut out into a big rectangle.

To me, it looks like it's just a piece of gaffer's tape, not an actual hole.

I'd consider it a project, and probably wouldn't go over $500 for it just based on the photos.

#10 3 years ago

Here is another local one (Columbia Station)
cleveland.craigslist.org link

#11 3 years ago

Screenshot_2015-09-18-10-46-32.png

I'm thinking tape too, but I wonder if that boom box comes with it lol

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from leesparts:

Here is another local one (Columbia Station)
cleveland.craigslist.org link

I emailed him about 2 weeks ago and never got a response, I'll try texting that seller

#13 3 years ago

I live here and have no idea who this is.

#14 3 years ago

Dudes gotta be on crack though 1700

#15 3 years ago

Under $1000 for sure I'd say.

#16 3 years ago

I just hope I get some sort of response from either party, both are crazy over priced and smoking crack

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I live here and have no idea who this is.

And I thought you knew everyone!

#18 3 years ago

let's start taking bets what tape cassette is in the boom box there. i'm going with Dan Fogelberg - Greatest Hits

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

let's start taking bets what tape cassette is in the boom box there. i'm going with Dan Fogelberg - Greatest Hits

It's gotta be Springsteen

#20 3 years ago

Travis Tritt- Country Club

#21 3 years ago

Men with out hats - safety dance.....it's only the single lol

#22 3 years ago

Seals and Crofts
Or maybe Chicago "If you leave me now"

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Seals and Crofts
Or maybe Chicago "If you leave me now"

Diamond Girl

#24 3 years ago

If it helps ya get a idea as to what to pay ...... I just paid 1150 for a Paragon that has very minimal pf wear in the center of the pf, bg is almost flawless. has a new MPU, solid cabinet and 100% working condition. No hacks or anything else to speak of.

So at 1700 .... that is steep in my opinion. Especially since you can't see the back of the bg, the boards (acid damage etc.) or a clear photo to see if there is any touch-up on the pf!

I was able to pick mine up (in OH of course) so I had no shipping or any other cost!

#25 3 years ago

Paragon goes for high dollars these days and they don't last. 1700 seems steep but I wouldn't think 1200 was unreasonable.
That is if it's not as bad as it looks which is not usually the case!

#26 3 years ago

Ask him to take close up pix of the areas you are worried about...

#27 3 years ago

I had that one confused with Island Girl by Elton John

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

If it's kept in that location, maybe Joan Baez - Diamonds and Rust

#29 3 years ago

Did anyone on here happen to pick up the one around Sandusky a few months ago? It was listed on clist for 165...

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from insearchofspace:

Did anyone on here happen to pick up the one around Sandusky a few months ago? It was listed on clist for 165...

Pretty sure that one was bought and resold on ebay from the guy in North Olmsted possibly

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

If it helps ya get a idea as to what to pay ...... I just paid 1150 for a Paragon that has very minimal pf wear in the center of the pf, bg is almost flawless. has a new MPU, solid cabinet and 100% working condition. No hacks or anything else to speak of.
So at 1700 .... that is steep in my opinion. Especially since you can't see the back of the bg, the boards (acid damage etc.) or a clear photo to see if there is any touch-up on the pf!
I was able to pick mine up (in OH of course) so I had no shipping or any other cost!

I'm will to travel for the right deal also, but I'm thinking 1300 on a nice paragon is about max. Now a restored one is a different story

#32 3 years ago

I like big butts and I can not lie. You other brothers can't deny. That when a girl walks in with an itty bitty...

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from donjagra:

I like big butts and I can not lie. You other brothers can't deny. That when a girl walks in with an itty bitty...

#34 3 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-a-12738-audiosound-board-ballywilliams-1990-1993

So after a little digging the one on Craigslist comes back to pinsider.....TLSBryan. anyone deal with him, should I bother pm ing him? I texted him and got nothing in return

#35 3 years ago

He's a flipper, lots of for sale ads on pinside

#36 3 years ago

Really? No love for sir-mix-a-lot? You guys are way more 8 track than cassette.

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from donjagra:

Really? No love for sir-mix-a-lot? You guys are way more 8 track than cassette.

#38 3 years ago

#39 3 years ago

And still no response from either sellers, I've emailed and texted. Maybe I should use Morris code, ugh

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

And still no response from either sellers, I've emailed and texted. Maybe I should use Morris code, ugh

Try sending up a flare or maybe using tom-toms?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 10.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 30.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
$ 157.00
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Sale Pending!
Massillon, OH
$ 16.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 7.65
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
$ 149.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside