(Topic ID: 162671)

Anyone know who sells fluorescent bulb sleeves?

By gac

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by AJB4
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

I cant remember who sells the sleeves that wrap around the fluorescent light tubes that are used in late model Stern backboxes. They are typically used to give the backlight effect on the translite more of a "warm" light rather than the brighter white light. Anyone know? I can't remember anything anymore! Thanks in advance.

#2 7 years ago

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/166-5000-00

Here is one there is also a orange one I remember..I can't remember where I bought that one though

#3 7 years ago

Thanks Pinballllew. I may go the route of the smoked one that Marco has but I also remember the yellow/orange one that somebody had. That's what I was originally thinking.

#4 7 years ago

Before I went to a LED lightboard, I bought 1 of the fluorescent tube covers from the local hardware store, cut it to length and scuffed and painted the front of it a light grey. Left the back of the cover, that is towards the PCBs, unpainted. 4' is the shortest they had. Enough for 2 covers, but you only get 1 set of end caps.

#5 7 years ago

I just wrapped mine with (2) sheets of 8-1/2" x 11" copy paper to cover the length of the lamp. One wrap to knock the lighting down some, two wraps if you want it darker. Secure with transparent tape.

#6 7 years ago

Go to 1000bulbs.com. search "fluorescent light tubes". All kinds of sizes and colors there.

#7 7 years ago

pinpall pal is who sold the yellow/orange ones. Looked through my receipts...lol

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Go to 1000bulbs.com. search "fluorescent light tubes". All kinds of sizes and colors there.

They are listed under "fluorescent tube guards" here color is Amber

#9 7 years ago

Clear ones are at Lowes and Home Depot

#10 7 years ago

Does this significantly decrease the reflection on the playfield glass of the translight?

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from AJB4:

Does this significantly decrease the reflection on the playfield glass of the translight?

Yes. That's the reason I did it to mine, before I later changed to a LED panel. See my post above on how I painted the tube.

#12 7 years ago

Thx

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-know-who-sells-fluorescent-bulb-sleeves?hl=starwriter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.