(Topic ID: 60267)

Anyone know where I can find a opto board set Bally 6803?

By Choggard

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Choggard
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Looking for the following below for my D&D - Marco is out of stock in them..

TROUGH OPTO BOARD SET BALLY 6803
#A080-91894-B000
These new Trough Opto Board sets are a complete redesign of the transmitter and receiver trough opto boards used in later model Bally 6803 MPU board pinball machines. Sold only in pairs as receiver/ transmitter.
These include the following games:

#2 10 years ago

Still looking for 2 opt boards

1 month later
#3 10 years ago

I'm looking for a set of these as well, if any has some to sell.

Thanks.

MMC

#4 10 years ago

Someone post a picture and/or email me with one.

#6 10 years ago

OK - fixed my pin - was just a fuse - problems of being a noob ... I just googled "Check FU-1 or field fuse" and assumed it was the opto board ... then after realizing opto boards were out of stock, I started checking the fuses with a multimeter (first time I've used a multimeter!) and found a blown 1 AMP slo blo on the playfield. Replaced it for a few bucks at Lowe's and I'm good to go

Yay!

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from moomoocow:

OK - fixed my pin - was just a fuse - problems of being a noob ... I just googled "Check FU-1 or field fuse" and assumed it was the opto board ... then after realizing opto boards were out of stock, I started checking the fuses with a multimeter (first time I've used a multimeter!) and found a blown 1 AMP slo blo on the playfield. Replaced it for a few bucks at Lowe's and I'm good to go
Yay!

Good to hear that...

#8 10 years ago

Thanks Choggard - I'm still keeping my eyes peeled for the pto board, as a pre-emptive measure.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from moomoocow:

Thanks Choggard - I'm still keeping my eyes peeled for the pto board, as a pre-emptive measure.

FYI-Hey I just checked my paypal account and found that I bought that opto board through Mad amusements. Paid $65 shipped..

#10 10 years ago

Just an FYI.

I ordered these for a Blackwater 100 earlier this year and received a pair of first run boards. These early boards have a problem with the circuit design and cause switch matrix issues after installation. They act the same way as when someone installs a switch without the diode.
I was able to rectify the problem by adding in 3 diodes to the harness and it worked flawlessly after that.

#11 10 years ago

Moved to buying and selling advice sub forum. Good luck!

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

Just an FYI.
I ordered these for a Blackwater 100 earlier this year and received a pair of first run boards. These early boards have a problem with the circuit design and cause switch matrix issues after installation. They act the same way as when someone installs a switch without the diode.
I was able to rectify the problem by adding in 3 diodes to the harness and it worked flawlessly after that.

The new one I bought works perfect. I haven't experienced any issues with it at all..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-know-where-i-can-find-a-opto-board-set-bally-6803-for-dd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.