(Topic ID: 26113)

Anyone know when CPR will be finishing High Speed Playfield?

By NinJaBooT

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 128 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

hs.jpg
IMG_20140107_221713_342.jpg
HS_Ferrari_Preview.png
HS-Playfield-Preview-Final-Full.jpg
HS-Playfield-Preview-Final-Detail-4.jpg
HS-Playfield-Preview-Final-Detail-3.jpg
HS-Playfield-Preview-Final-Detail-2.jpg
HS-Playfield-Preview-Final-Detail-1.jpg

There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 6 years ago

Got me email yesterday, Wow, I thought I'd be to far down the list, down to tier 5 and 6 left only but it's got to be better than what I am playing on now. Just glad I got the opportunity. Love my Highspeed, It's not going anywhere

#102 6 years ago

Got mine as well .. tier5 .. but it will beat the daylights out of the original tier 293701 that its replacing.

Love your work CPR

hs.jpg
#103 6 years ago

Wow, looks like the mylar pulled up half the artwork.

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

Got mine as well .. tier5 .. but it will beat the daylights out of the original tier 293701 that its replacing.
Love your work CPR

hs.jpg 95 KB

That will buff out....

#105 6 years ago

I got my playfield!!! It looks great. There is some slight cracking in the clear on the hotdog inserts, but it is not too bad. You should not see it when it is in the game.

Anyone else have cracking in the clear over these inserts?

#106 6 years ago

the 'crackeling' is not in the Clearcoat, it's small tiny 'fishers' in the Inserts that you are seeing....we are still working on the issue....

#107 6 years ago

I love autocorrect lol... I think he meant fissures.

Is there really such a thing as a tier 5 playfield now, or was that a joke?

#108 6 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

the 'crackeling' is not in the Clearcoat, it's small tiny 'fishers' in the Inserts that you are seeing....we are still working on the issue....

Thanks Stu,
Yeah this will not be a problem once the playfield is in the game. It looks outstanding and the clear looks to be nice and thick.

You guys do a great job!

--Scott

#109 6 years ago

I checked my playfield that is currently in my HS(the original) and I found some fissures in the hot dog inserts as well. It doesn't really bother me in the least really. I'm just glad to have gotten in a new one from CPR. It really does look awesome!

#110 6 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

I checked my playfield that is currently in my HS(the original) and I found some fissures in the hot dog inserts as well. It doesn't really bother me in the least really. I'm just glad to have gotten in a new one from CPR. It really does look awesome!

My original has em too, and bubbling in the mylar over it to boot. My tier 2 is MILES ahead of the original.

#111 6 years ago

High Speed is the ONLY PF that Kevin is giving this Grading to....and it's due to the Hotdog Inserts as Noted in the eMails everbody is receiving. The "tier" Grading is for the Hotdog crackeling, NOT for the Overall Playfield. Once these are gone we will be using the Gold, Silver, Bronze grading again.....

From my conversation with Kevin yesterday the Tier 1-4 are Gold grading (tiers are for the Hotdog Crackeling Grading)....Tier 5 = Silver, and Tier 6 = Bronze

Quoted from Frax:

Is there really such a thing as a tier 5 playfield now, or was that a joke

#112 6 years ago

I have 26 Classic Bally games, and ALL of my Original Bally OEM Playfields have Inserts with Crackeling, it's been there all along > for Years.....it's simply coming to light now because New Playfields are in such perfect condition that you now notice Everything.....My new CPR Taxi PF has crackeling inserts but once it's in the game you never really see them.......

Quoted from NinJaBooT:

I checked my playfield that is currently in my HS(the original) and I found some fissures in the hot dog inserts as well

#113 6 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

My original has em too, and bubbling in the mylar over it to boot. My tier 2 is MILES ahead of the original.

Mine doesn't have mylar but I never noticed the fissures ever before until yesterday when I looked. I'm sure the new one won't be noticeable either once installed and powered up.

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

High Speed is the ONLY PF that Kevin is giving this Grading to....and it's due to the Hotdog Inserts as Noted in the eMails everbody is receiving. The "tier" Grading is for the Hotdog crackeling, NOT for the Overall Playfield. Once these are gone we will be using the Gold, Silver, Bronze grading again.....
From my conversation with Kevin yesterday the Tier 1-4 are Gold grading (tiers are for the Hotdog Crackeling Grading)....Tier 5 = Silver, and Tier 6 = Bronze

This is the most recent email after tier 1-4 sold out.

PRICING

TIER 1 (Gold) - $799 SOLD OUT
(zero to virtually zero crackles in hotdogs, the cream of the crop)

TIER 2 (Gold) - $699 SOLD OUT
(5% to 20% crackles coverage in hotdogs, see attached photo)

TIER 3 (Silver) - $649 SOLD OUT
(20% to 60% crackles coverage in hotdogs, see attached photo. Possible small crackles in other inserts)

TIER 4 (Silver) - $579 SOLD OUT
(60% to 90% crackles coverage in hotdogs, see attached photo. Possible small crackles in other inserts)

- - - -

NEW !!! We are now offering up the "seconds" as the final option....
"BUDGET" BOARDS (Bronze) - Some slight grading below Tier 3 & 4, save some big bucks
These playfields have Tier 4 crackles, but may have some slightly imperfect registrations here and there in the artwork elements. Still bold, glossy, and beautiful - like grading coins, these just grade a little lower because we played Where's Waldo and noted little things here and there. For the deep savings on these, you won't bat an eye on these being great - and extremely fair considering price paid. You're saving $300+ over "perfect"

TIER 5 (Bronze) - $499
(Tier 4 crackles grade, see above. Possible tiny artwork misregistration in places. Possible a barely-there bow in the gameboard.)

TIER 6 (Bronze) - $439
(Tier 5's that have a noticible "bow" or "twist" in the wood - will be fine once rails bolted on, loaded with hardware, and seated in the cabinet under it's own weight)

- - - -

OPTIONAL PLASTICS SET (bundle price) - $100 (save $45+, over buying later)

OPTIONAL BACKGLASS (bundle price) - SOLD OUT (save $40 + $40 shipping, over buying later)

#115 6 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

it's simply coming to light now because New Playfields are in such perfect condition that you now notice Everything

This rational makes perfect sense. I have no problem labeling mine as perfect either. It looks fantastic.

#116 6 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Is there a playfield anywhere that doesn't have that? I think every table I've ever looked closely at has those fissures. I'd be nice if there was a way around it, but I'll be too busy noticing the incredible artwork to worry about those

EDIT: I see your Tier 1's have no fissures, that's good to know it's possible.

#117 6 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Mine doesn't have mylar but I never noticed the fissures ever before until yesterday when I looked. I'm sure the new one won't be noticeable either once installed and powered up.

I am not even worried about it. I would have bought a tier 1, but the money I had set aside was for the original price, so I got a tier 2. 100% happy with it! Given that most HS pfs are beat into the ground (a good testament to how much money OPs made from the game), most people are gonna be very happy with the repros!

#119 6 years ago
Quoted from CASTHOF:

This is the most recent email after tier 1-4 sold out.
PRICING
TIER 1 (Gold) - $799 SOLD OUT
(zero to virtually zero crackles in hotdogs, the cream of the crop)
TIER 2 (Gold) - $699 SOLD OUT
(5% to 20% crackles coverage in hotdogs, see attached photo)
TIER 3 (Silver) - $649 SOLD OUT
(20% to 60% crackles coverage in hotdogs, see attached photo. Possible small crackles in other inserts)
TIER 4 (Silver) - $579 SOLD OUT
(60% to 90% crackles coverage in hotdogs, see attached photo. Possible small crackles in other inserts)
- - - -
NEW !!! We are now offering up the "seconds" as the final option....
"BUDGET" BOARDS (Bronze) - Some slight grading below Tier 3 & 4, save some big bucks
These playfields have Tier 4 crackles, but may have some slightly imperfect registrations here and there in the artwork elements. Still bold, glossy, and beautiful - like grading coins, these just grade a little lower because we played Where's Waldo and noted little things here and there. For the deep savings on these, you won't bat an eye on these being great - and extremely fair considering price paid. You're saving $300+ over "perfect"
TIER 5 (Bronze) - $499
(Tier 4 crackles grade, see above. Possible tiny artwork misregistration in places. Possible a barely-there bow in the gameboard.)
TIER 6 (Bronze) - $439
(Tier 5's that have a noticible "bow" or "twist" in the wood - will be fine once rails bolted on, loaded with hardware, and seated in the cabinet under it's own weight)
- - - -
OPTIONAL PLASTICS SET (bundle price) - $100 (save $45+, over buying later)
OPTIONAL BACKGLASS (bundle price) - SOLD OUT (save $40 + $40 shipping, over buying later)

Funny....I paid for a tier 2, and got a Tier 6 (in terms of a noticeable bow or twist in the wood. The PF and crackles are otherwise awesome)

#120 6 years ago

Stupid question, perhaps; I assume there is no way to pick up any of these Tier 5 or Tier 6 PF's unless you were on the original pre-order list? I see nothing indicating that any are available on the site, so I assume they're all gone? I just got into pins a year ago, but have had my HS for over 5 years and it definitely could use a new PF.

#121 6 years ago
Quoted from Pac-Fan:

Stupid question, perhaps; I assume there is no way to pick up any of these Tier 5 or Tier 6 PF's unless you were on the original pre-order list? I see nothing indicating that any are available on the site, so I assume they're all gone? I just got into pins a year ago, but have had my HS for over 5 years and it definitely could use a new PF.

Rick at planetarypinball has some on the way. Keep an eye open on his website for when they arrive.

#122 6 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Funny....I paid for a tier 2, and got a Tier 6 (in terms of a noticeable bow or twist in the wood. The PF and crackles are otherwise awesome)

I wouldn't worry about that, once you put the side rails on and start populating the playfield with ball guides, it will be almost as straight as an arrow.

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from CASTHOF:

I wouldn't worry about that, once you put the side rails on and start populating the playfield with ball guides, it will be almost as straight as an arrow.

I am hoping so. It is about a 1/2" twist. Kevin mentioned that when it is installed, it should be fixed.

#124 6 years ago

Those insert crackles are almost inevitable. CPR explains here in detail where these come from (scroll all the way down to section "Insert Crackles"). It’s plain luck if the PF comes out without few(er) crackles.

5 months later
#125 5 years ago

Dose anyone have any of these available any more? I am guessing all are sold by now. I picked up a high speed about 2 months ago.

#126 5 years ago

I had contacted CPR a few months back and they were sold out, but they told me to contact, http://www.starship-fantasy.com/ , they did have some back then...

#127 5 years ago

Thanks!

#128 5 years ago

no prob!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Thorndale, PA
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 17.00
$ 15.75
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
2,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Green Bay, WI
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 164.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside