(Topic ID: 332631)

Anyone know what the next JJP game will be?

By zr11990

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 213 posts
  • 77 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by JohnnyCage
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinside_forum_7844389_0 (resized).jpg
    IMT (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2023-10-18 115122 (resized).png
    Elton (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20231006-094852_Email (resized).jpg
    R (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0006 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0773 (resized).png
    Pic.gif
    Pic (resized).jpg
    IMG_3231.gif
    7zpe1t (resized).jpg
    old-man-yells-at-cloud-yelling.gif
    IMG_1991.gif
    IMG_1111 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 213 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
    #51 1 year ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

I think it’s Steve Ritchie for sure, but I kind of feel like the Elton John rumor has softened a bit.

Just rebrand WOZ as EJ Yellow Brick Road.

2 months later
    #52 9 months ago

i would like to see monsters Inc next. they already have a relationship with disney/pixar and there is alot of great IP assets to work with.

#53 9 months ago

Probably going to be revealed in October. I’m trying to hold off purchasing The Godfather until the next pin is revealed. I’m really hoping Harry Potter gets bumped up but we shall see..

4 weeks later
    #54 8 months ago

I'm not a huge Avatar fan but no one can deny the visuals in those movies were off the chart, so since JJP has the most stunning looking pins in the industry it only makes sense that they tackle that theme. I don't see Stern pulling that off well so I hope they don't take on that title, but you know someone will since there's going to be multiple Avatar movies in the future.

#55 8 months ago
    Quoted from JohnnyCage:

I'm not a huge Avatar fan but no one can deny the visuals in those movies were off the chart, ...

Ehhhh the elongated cat people? Not that amazing.

Quoted from JohnnyCage:

, so since JJP has the most stunning looking pins in the industry

#56 8 months ago
    Quoted from Eeeek:

Probably going to be revealed in October. I’m trying to hold off purchasing The Godfather until the next pin is revealed. I’m really hoping Harry Potter gets bumped up but we shall see..

I wouldn't expect any type of Potter game in at least 18 months or more.

#57 8 months ago

All I can say is it better not be f-ing Hogwarts Legacy or comic based crap.

3 weeks later
    #58 8 months ago

I noticed Pinball Expo's Evening with JJP would feature Steve Ritchie. So his game is likely next JJP with a fall release?
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#59 8 months ago

Does it even matter what JJP's next release will be when they have basically stopped supporting their games with code updates? Pirates has been without it's final wizard mode for years, it's been nearly two years since GNR received a code update, Toy Story 4 received a few small updates but that's it, not much with Godfather either.

#60 8 months ago

TS4 seemed complete to me right out of the gate. I thought that's what everyone wanted?

#61 8 months ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Does it even matter what JJP's next release will be when they have basically stopped supporting their games with code updates?

TS4 seemed complete to me right out of the gate. I thought that's what everyone wanted?

Is it JJP that isn't updating games or just Eric?

#62 8 months ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Good point, that game feels more complete and polished then GNR IMO.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Is it JJP that isn't updating games or just Eric?

Could be but the main programmer on GNR and Pirates is Keith. As yancy mentioned above Toy Story 4 was pretty much complete at launch, Joe Katz is the primary programmer on that game. Either way it would be nice to see JJP add some more content to that game. Wonka received a big 2.0 style update but that's another title where Joe Katz is the primary programmer.

#63 8 months ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Could be but the main programmer on GNR and Pirates is Keith. As yancy mentioned above Toy Story 4 was pretty much complete at launch...

Ok so Eric is the problem.
    I doubt SR will let a software dude hang him out to dry just like PL wouldn't.

#64 8 months ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

I noticed Pinball Expo's Evening with JJP would feature Steve Ritchie. So his game is likely next JJP with a fall release?
    [quoted image]

Yes, get ready for some Crocodile Rock

#65 8 months ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Yes, get ready for some Crocodile Rock

Yikes.

#66 8 months ago

Just re-release Pirates for us new players

#67 8 months ago
    Quoted from Thor_Odinson:

Yes, JJP can use the sales line “$15k on the Dead Man's Chest”.

#68 8 months ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Want finished code? Yes however, several people like myself backed out when we found out it was based solely on the last movie. The theme is the failure this time around. No disrespect to any owners meant.

Someone correct me if I'm misremembering, but wasn't Pirates a design/mechanical nightmare? If that's true, I doubt JJP would do another run of it.

Quoted from CLEllison:

All I can say is it better not be f-ing Hogwarts Legacy or comic based crap.

Totally agree with this joker.

#69 8 months ago

Along the lines of code updates is their any news on a scorebit replacement?

#70 7 months ago
    Quoted from ARTCADE:

Along the lines of code updates is their any news on a scorebit replacement?

I think just the original comment that they are working on it. Something big needs to be announced by or at Expo in regards to code updates and a ScoreBit replacement.

#71 7 months ago

Yes!!

#72 7 months ago

Please take The Ultimate Pinball Theme Survey (2023):
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-ultimate-pinball-theme-survey-2023

#73 7 months ago

JJP games suck and I will NEVER own one.

#74 7 months ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

What bothers me is the price of their games on the secondary market, which I know they don't have any control over. I love the Pirates theme, but I'll be damned if I'm paying 20k for a used machine.

#75 7 months ago

Cuts both ways, look at G and R and Toy Story prices.

blockquote cite="#7745251">What bothers me is the price of their games on the secondary market, which I know they don't have any control over. I love the Pirates them, but I'll be damned if I'm paying 20k for a used machine.

#76 7 months ago

Texas is already teasing it….

IMG_1111 (resized).jpegIMG_1111 (resized).jpeg
    #77 7 months ago

I predict the next JJP pinball will feature the following

1. Multiple generic multiballs that you can stack all at once so everything is lit and as a result you can’t tell what the hell is going on

2. The main screen will be broken into 4 quadrants where the generic multiballs logos randomly rotate over and over again

3. Code that isn’t either complete or polished for years on end that also ignores owners complaints

4. Beta code updates that remain in beta for years

#78 7 months ago

Elton John just still seems so weird to me; perhaps the strongest music license so far. Interested to see what SR does.

#79 7 months ago

Wasn't there talk long ago that JJP would have a specific "category" release schedule? I certainly don't see a pattern to back that up but I certainly would love to see an original theme again. Can't have too many of those!
    WOZ - movie - classic theme
    TH - movie
    DI - original
    POTC - movie
    Wonka - movie - classic theme
    GNR - music
    TS4 - movie
    Godfather - movie - classic theme

1 week later
    #80 7 months ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

[quoted image]

Steve told me the other day his JJP game is releasing this year....

#81 7 months ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Elton John just still seems so weird to me; perhaps the strongest music license so far. Interested to see what SR does.

We met Jack yesterday in Australia and he told us Steve Ritchie is up next.. Hopefully he is not on Elton John..

#82 7 months ago
    Quoted from pinballaddicted:

We met Jack yesterday in Australia and he told us Steve Ritchie is up next.. Hopefully he is not on Elton John..

Trend is music Themes

#83 7 months ago
    Quoted from pinballaddicted:

He is.

#84 7 months ago

Elton John is the worst possible theme for JJP. When will they ever learn. Shitty themes and overpriced games will put them out of business. Sorry.

#85 7 months ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Elton John is the worst possible theme for JJP. When will they ever learn. Shitty themes and overpriced games will put them out of business. Sorry.

Captain Fantastic goes on world tour!
    Agreed, the worst idea I've heard in years and I like and respect Elton John and his music.
    Candle in the wind for JJP.

#86 7 months ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Really? How can you even say that when you have Alice Cooper and Iron Maiden? Elton John is more popular and iconic then either of those two bands (which are great) combined.

#87 7 months ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Elton John is more popular and iconic then either of those two bands (which are great) combined.

Sure, I guess, but list all the Elton John songs that are good pinball music. I can only think of a couple. And would you rather have a game full of monsters and cyborgs, or a guy in a Donald Duck costume playing piano?

For the record, I hope JJP proves me wrong on all counts.

#88 7 months ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Elton John just still seems so weird to me; perhaps the strongest music license so far.

Oops, this should read "Strangest "

#89 7 months ago

I wonder if Elton John paid JJP to make a game rather than other way around ?

#90 7 months ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Sure, I guess, but list all the Elton John songs that are good pinball music. I can only think of a couple. And would you rather have a game full of monsters and cyborgs, or a guy in a Donald Duck costume playing piano?
    For the record, I hope JJP proves me wrong on all counts.

I think 95% of Iron Maiden songs are terrible so I'm probably not the best to answer the question. Also, Elton John was in a duck costume 30+ years ago. I don't think he even wears that costume at concerts.

#91 7 months ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Oops, this should read "Strangest "

Freudian slip?

#92 7 months ago

Baby boomers are not the top generation buying pins anymore. It's gen Xers like me that are and have the money. JJP, Stern and AP needs to see that. Themes like et, karate kid, and Goonies might do well. Music pins like beastie boys, Ozzy solo or black sabbath and my personal favorite Pink Floyd. Most of the gnr pins were probably bought up by Gen Xers that were not into pinball. Even though it doesn't shoot that good. IMO

#93 7 months ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I think 95% of Iron Maiden songs are terrible ....

Because they are. The only advantage Maiden had is great iconography which qe all knewm could be fashioned into good visuals for a pinball machine. You got that, plus the best designer working; an all timer.

You gotta have a shtick. Beatles went lunchbox which kind of worked. Aerosmith was awfull looking, rush borderline. Alice & RZ I couldn't get away fast enough from but they have a look. What's Elton got...we shall see. GNR went heavy heavy lazy concert footage and its awful as well.

A big piano that you shoot balls in? Again they have professionals to come up with this shit but I need to see it.
    Probably be diffrent Elton John Eras....I mean OK I guess.

#94 7 months ago

Rumor I heard was Steve's pin Little Pony is going to be Barbie instead.

Pink cabinet should be killer.

LTG : )

#95 7 months ago

Careful LTG, you'll summon Vid.

#96 7 months ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Careful LTG, you'll summon Vid.

He's got some pictures!

#97 7 months ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Also, Elton John was in a duck costume 30+ years ago.

Everything in the Elton game will be from 30+ years ago, unless they're actually trying to go out of business.

#98 7 months ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I predict the next JJP pinball will feature the following
    1. Multiple generic multiballs that you can stack all at once so everything is lit and as a result you can’t tell what the hell is going on
    2. The main screen will be broken into 4 quadrants where the generic multiballs logos randomly rotate over and over again
    3. Code that isn’t either complete or polished for years on end that also ignores owners complaints
    4. Beta code updates that remain in beta for years

Multiballs that can be started so easily and accidently that you wish to quit the game before your game is even over. Then people will defend it saying, "I DoNt KnOw HoW i StArTeD mUlTi BaLl," like typing that way automatically wins them the argument, when in fact we KNOW the rules. And the rules are, in fact, just terrible.

It is almost like we are in some sort of multiverse where we simply KNOW what to expect at this point.

#99 7 months ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Some are good, some are bad.

#100 7 months ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Sure, I guess, but list all the Elton John songs that are good pinball music. I can only think of a couple.

I can't even think of a couple that are good. Dude is way over rated.

There are 213 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-know-what-the-next-jjp-game-will-be/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.