(Topic ID: 292474)

Anyone know what Chicago Gaming Company is up to?

By explosiveegg

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by chad
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2017-Cooking-up-Change-Chicago-Prosser-33-blog-700x428 (resized).png
    cgc resuscitation.gif
    200 (1).gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    #1 2 years ago

I don't see any recent posts about them on here or their Facebook page.

Does anyone know what they're currently doing?

It sounds like they ended production for MB, but that seems like the last anyone had heard from them.

Also, where is the best place to keep up with them?

#2 2 years ago
    Quoted from explosiveegg:

where is the best place to keep up with them?

Here on Pinside. Anything pops up with distributors, Facebook, anywhere. Within seconds it will be here.

Does anyone know what they're currently doing?

Probably killing themselves to get the next game rolling. I hate to imagine what that is like with part shortages, shipping delays. And have you priced the rising cost of wood lately ?

I don't envy their struggle to make the best game they can.

LTG : )

#3 2 years ago

Latitude: 41° 50' 42.84" N Longitude: -87° 45' 35.76" W.

#4 2 years ago
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #5 2 years ago

If they’re smart they’re ramping up the next MM run.

#6 2 years ago

NOTHING!
    Apparently doing a remake that's 3 years over due , working on their own release (god knows when) deal with spooky to release Ben Hecks game which will be released most likely after DeepRoot has released there 3rd game!

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

NOTHING!
    Apparently doing a remake that's 3 years over due , working on their own release (god knows when) deal with spooky to release Ben Hecks game which will be released most likely after DeepRoot has released there 3rd game!

It's difficult to keep pace with Deeproot's vaunted Octo Manufacturing.

#8 2 years ago

Not true.

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Not true.

Punchy remake?

#10 2 years ago

Now we're talking. Shaker motor, mirror blades, RGB light show, custom Fred Young call outs, and the most bad assedest animated clown topper ever made.

#11 2 years ago

I don't see any recent posts about them on here or their Facebook page.

That's okay. It great advertising for me.

#12 2 years ago

Figuring out how to fix their flippers

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Latitude: 41° 50' 42.84" N Longitude: -87° 45' 35.76" W.

I tried to enter this into Google maps and it got me nowhere. It's a mystery I may never unravel.

#14 2 years ago

I tried to enter this into Google maps and it got me nowhere. It's a mystery I may never unravel.

Should be Cicero Illinois. I searched the longitude and latitude of their address and got that.

#15 2 years ago
    200 (1).gif200 (1).gif
    #16 2 years ago
    cgc resuscitation.gifcgc resuscitation.gif
    #17 2 years ago

Yup....

2 months later
    #18 2 years ago

Hopefully working on a Funhouse remake.

#19 2 years ago

Who knows… hopefully something. Their website is ironically out of the late 90’s, their sign up for support is broken (captcha issue), and their support person while eventually helpful is slow as molasses.

Not really sure why companies wouldn’t be pumping pins out left and right in today’s market; there is certainly tons of cash just itching on the sidelines. Odd industry, complicated product, but at least we’re generally trending up.

Perhaps CGC and Spooky or any combo should merge so we have a “2nd Stern” in terms of cranking out pins on schedule. Maybe Deeproot and CGC

I’m hopeful LTG has insider info he cannot share and things are just around the corner. Plenty of quality pins that could go for a remake and I’m hopeful CGC continues that trend, as that’s a very nice niche that no one else is doing.

#20 2 years ago

The baffling part is the secrecy. Why? Weird….

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from chickenscratch:

just around the corner.

So is 2022

#22 2 years ago

Not really sure why companies wouldn’t be pumping pins out left and right in today’s market;

I'm sure supply chain issues are affecting pinball. Wood is expensive, chips are in short supply.

#23 2 years ago
    Quoted from FlippyD:

I'm sure supply chain issues are affecting pinball. Wood is expensive, chips are in short supply.

True but a lot of other pinballs have been produced during covid. Also presumably they might have already ordered cc parts a couple years ago.

#24 2 years ago

Not really sure why companies wouldn’t be pumping pins out left and right in today’s market;

They would if they could.

Quoted from whthrs166:

The baffling part is the secrecy. Why?

Maybe they want to announce when they have solid information to announce ? They get enough crap as is, can you imagine if they miss a deadline they posted or title expected is changed to a different title ?

Quoted from extraballingtmc:

True but a lot of other pinballs have been produced during covid.

Every company has different stock piles of what they need. Not every company has everything.

#25 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Maybe they want to announce when they have solid information to announce ? They get enough crap as is, can you imagine if they miss a deadline they posted or title expected is changed to a different title ?

Every company has different stock piles of what they need. Not every company has everything.

Well, there’s all we need for reading between the lines; supply chain issues it is

#26 2 years ago

Would have thought no issues with CCR or whatever the next release was supposed to be as that was way before shutdowns ... is what it is ... come on 2022..
    Release every 4 years ... thought they could do better

#27 2 years ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

Would have thought no issues with CCR or whatever the next release was supposed to be as that was way before shutdowns ... is what it is ... come on 2022..

My doctor put me on antidepressants due to CGC’s inability to release a game.

#28 2 years ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

they are ridiculous. there is still demand for medevil madness and they stopped making it. i was big on cactus canyon. i was wrong. i played it as pinball hall of fame. the game is a joke. the easiest game i've ever played. i'm not exaggerating when i say i went about 15 minutes on 1 ball. this is the next remake? you can see the whole game and what it has to offer in a few minutes. no code changes are going to help it.

#29 2 years ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

They have. MMR was released early 2015.

#30 2 years ago

Thanks # LTG... noted

#31 2 years ago

Thinking that the order will be up at some point!

2017-Cooking-up-Change-Chicago-Prosser-33-blog-700x428 (resized).png2017-Cooking-up-Change-Chicago-Prosser-33-blog-700x428 (resized).png
    #32 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Enough information? If they don’t know what game they are making at this point they are doomed.

#33 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

They have. MMR was released early 2015.

When was monster bash remake released? And we can't use covid as an excuse because they were jerking around long before that.

#34 2 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

When was monster bash remake released? And we can't use covid as an excuse because they were jerking around long before that.

November 2018 roughly

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-know-what-chicago-gaming-company-is-up-to and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.