13-Mallrats-quotes1.gif
SJW.jpg
mommy_daddy.jpg
crowd1.jpg
chickens_and_waffle.jpg
Screen-2Bshot-2B2014-09-23-2Bat-2B3.26.10-2BPM.png
facemove.gif

This topic is closed.

There are 581 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 12.
#401 8 years ago
Quoted from Barron:

NW Pinball Show thing hanging from his rear view mirror, but I don't think that qualifies you as handicap.

Maybe it should? Everyone call your congressperson!

#402 8 years ago

Man, after 9 pages about this @sshole and no Hitler video - I'm starting to feel cheated

#403 8 years ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

I've been saying for years people with curly hair and hats should be banned from any public events, this would never have happened if people had listened.

We should shave everyone's head at the entryway.

#404 8 years ago

Bad news, I hear Expo will require a psychological evaluation prior to selling a ticket to someone. Looks like most of us won't be allowed to attend..

#405 8 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Bad news, I hear Expo will require a psychological evaluation prior to selling a ticket to someone. Looks like most of us won't be allowed to attend..

facemove.giffacemove.gif

#406 8 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

We should. Damn curlies.

#407 8 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

How odd. I stand behind the ladies and watch them without a care about playing. I may even drop some quarters for them to pick up for another game.

Oh! Is this you?
http://www.abbynews.com/news/333337811.html

#408 8 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Agreed. If you're going to play Pinball you should look like one.

I it would be nice to go to a show and get a fresh shave.

BTW: My website is www.pinbald.com

#409 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I heard that too. It's kind of what Keith is all about though. I think he's easily one of the most brilliant pinball programmers ever. But his games are very long and deep, with a lot to do and explore and stack and chain, and you'll never come even a little close to seeing it all on a game that's geared towards short ball times.
Either you love that kind of game or you don't. Part of my problem with enjoying them is simply that I'm not a good enough player for the challenges Keith lays out.

Your left handed compliment is obvious and unseemly of a Heighway Pinball contract employee. Certainly you're entitled to an opinion of the competition but bear in mind your position. Perhaps your employer approves of this, perhaps not.

#410 8 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Your left handed compliment is obvious and unseemly of a Heighway Pinball contract employee. Certainly you're entitled to an opinion of the competition but bear in mind your position. Perhaps your employer approves of this, perhaps not.

I don't think so. It says nicely why some like one style of game vs another.

#411 8 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I don't think so. It says nicely why some like one style of game vs another.

I don't question his sentiment, only his motive.

#412 8 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Might be taking that one too far. Some people love long ball time super deep games....some hate them. Aurich is first and foremost a pinball hobbyist. Just because he's now doing some contract work he doesn't get to have an opinion?

P.S. Hobbit is definitely scratched off my list....I don't care for the really long ball time games.

#413 8 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Screen-2Bshot-2B2014-09-23-2Bat-2B3.26.10-2BPM.pngScreen-2Bshot-2B2014-09-23-2Bat-2B3.26.10-2BPM.png

#414 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

VW was just caught cheating on emissions by coding the software to fake results. So now owners of cars are pissed because their cars are worth less and the company will be in huge trouble.

I get that part. I own one. Seems like part of people's problem is VW or his hat. That's what I was wondering about.

#415 8 years ago

Wow sell your VW stock folks.
First cheating on the emissions tests, now this. 0$ by Christmas.

#416 8 years ago

Getting back on track... have we identified the perp?

#417 8 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Not to spoil all of the fun but it sounds like he may have Tourette's syndrome. And he may be an embarrassed, lonely man because of this condition.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourette_syndrome
(sorry to drag the real world in)

was this a confession?

in all seriousness, though, the likelihood of you accurately diagnosing tourette's based on the description of this chain of events is slim to none.

#418 8 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

just jealous aren't you

#419 8 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

WTF Kim. FFS, you come into this thread about a man harassing women at a pinball show to talk about how you like to stand behind them to watch their ass, and then drop quarters so you can watch them pick them up. That's creeper shit man. You're talking about a friend of mine here, I find that offensive.

Then you start trying to excuse the guy by saying he might have Tourette's, based on ... nothing, you just pulled it out of nowhere, even though it has nothing to do with that story at all.

And now you're accusing me of what exactly? Saying that Keith writes deep and long games? That he's one of the most brilliant pinball programmers out there? Wow, news at 11! And then I admitted my only real problem with them is I'm not good enough to see it all? Oh no! Secret plot to undermine the competition.

Hobbit looked incredible at Expo. I told Jack that in person. I sadly missed JP, but I sent him a note to tell him how great the playfield and animations looked. If you want a Hobbit then buy one. I hope someone I know does, I want to play it.

Feel free to not read this thread if you're just going to keep trying to stir up shit. I just want to know if anyone knows who this guy is. I'm not asking anyone to physically hurt him, that would be asinine. I just want to make sure we watch out for our own. Women or men. That guy was a dick even if Shaq was in front of him playing. Though I'm sure he wouldn't have said shit then.

#420 8 years ago

Seriously?

This guy is guilty of what, exactly? Making some rude comments?

You are going to hunt down the guys dox and ruin his life over that?

#421 8 years ago

Aurich. Your rant is noted.

#422 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Some people love long ball time super deep games....some hate them.

chickens_and_waffle.jpgchickens_and_waffle.jpg

#423 8 years ago
Quoted from DarthXaos:

Seriously?
This guy is guilty of what, exactly? Making some rude comments?

sounds like textbook disorderly conduct to me but i'm not an attorney.

http://statelaws.findlaw.com/illinois-law/illinois-disorderly-conduct-laws.html

#424 8 years ago

There are assholes everywhere.

#425 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

just jealous aren't you

isn't everyone?

#426 8 years ago

I like that nobody has been able to identify this guy here or on Facebook because he must literally have no friends, ever.

#427 8 years ago

crowd1.jpgcrowd1.jpg

#428 8 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

isn't everyone?

pretty much

I am due for a buzz sometime soon. Almost enough to donate again.

#429 8 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

There are assholes everywhere.

mommy_daddy.jpgmommy_daddy.jpg

#430 8 years ago

Somebody should have clocked the guy, then - when he sued you - you'd certainly have learned his name!

Maybe that's the problem with the world today. You can't punch anyone without getting sued or arrested, so assholes run unchecked.

#431 8 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

I like that nobody has been able to identify this guy here or on Facebook because he must literally have no friends, ever.

Exactly what I was thinking. The guy must be a hermit . . .

#432 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Somebody should have clocked the guy, then - when he sued you - you'd certainly have learned his name!
Maybe that's the problem with the world today. You can't punch anyone without getting sued or arrested, so assholes run unchecked.

So true. I even saw a guy at one of the talks trying to disguise his identity with a ridiculous cowboy hat and sunglasses, obviously trying to avoid a lawsuit after being recognized!

#433 8 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Everybody has more class than to hang with that loser.

LTG : )™

#434 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

That's the thing: the checks and balance for DBs today is public vilification. It is the only defense allotted to society in today's landscape of frivolous lawsuits. In the absence of appropriate violence, we are left only verbal reprimand and societal out-casting. This cannot be accomplished with anonymity. The offender MUST be identified for the punishment to be effective and hopefully be rehabilitated so as not to re-offend.

That's the way it works these days.

#435 8 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Not to spoil all of the fun but it sounds like he may have Tourette's syndrome.

Quoted from pezpunk:

What are you basing this on? Unless you have some inside info, I think you are probably mistaken. I've known a couple people with tourettes, and it didn't turn them into rude assholes.

After thinking about it some more, I'm beginning to feel that we may be jumping the gun with the whole mob mentality. Kim's diagnosis may have been off, but I think his point was too easily dismissed. As someone with a daughter who has Asperger's, I can relate to the fact that some people are simply wired differently than others. Yes, the guy was acting like an asshole, but he may not be able to control himself. Unless someone can prove otherwise, we should probably give him the benefit of the doubt. It would have been absolutely appropriate to go up to him during his tirade and ask him to please be more polite, but to vilify him after the fact and cry out for blood seems like somewhat of an overreaction without all the facts.

#437 8 years ago

SJW.jpgSJW.jpg

#438 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

After thinking about it some more, I'm beginning to feel that we may be jumping the gun with the whole mob mentality. Kim's diagnosis may have been off, but I think his point was too easily dismissed. As someone with a daughter who has Asperger's, I can relate to the fact that some people are simply wired differently than others. Yes, the guy was acting like an asshole, but he may not be able to control himself. Unless someone can prove otherwise, we should probably give him the benefit of the doubt. It would have been absolutely appropriate to go up to him during his tirade and ask him to please be more polite, but to vilify him after the fact and cry out for blood seems like somewhat of an overreaction without all the facts.

Fuck that, let's vilify the "man"

#439 8 years ago

True story: average ball time on Hobbit was 32s.

#440 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

True story: average ball time on Hobbit was 32s.

Welcome back to Pinside, Keith!

My experience would seem to contradict that figure. There were only five people in front of us, and we waited in line over 20 minutes to play.

#441 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Asshole pinball players...man this is a shocking new development!!!

It is, because 99.9% of us don't act anything like that. And when we see one who does, the appropriate response is to close ranks and boot this sh**heel.

#442 8 years ago

Didn't realize we could throw fits to get some play time on Hobbit.

Saw the line, and decided that I'd just wait another day to play. I missed that one and Full Throttle. Played everything else that I wanted to play though.

#443 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

So true. I even saw a guy at one of the talks trying to disguise his identity with a ridiculous cowboy hat and sunglasses, obviously trying to avoid a lawsuit after being recognized!

That was Bono.

#444 8 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Didn't realize we could throw fits to get some play time on Hobbit.
Saw the line, and decided that I'd just wait another day to play. I missed that one and Full Throttle. Played everything else that I wanted to play though.

I would have thrown more of a fit waiting in line, then finding out how hobbit really played.

#445 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Yes, but you could offer him a chocolate covered pretzel
13-Mallrats-quotes[1].gif13-Mallrats-quotes[1].gif

#446 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Dead on !! I coach high school hockey, when someone is getting out of line, he gets dealt with. People policing their own is a proven entity.

#447 8 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

That was Bono.

Or Richard Petty.

#448 8 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

That was Bono.

I really thought it was homage to Python?

#449 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

There was just poor etiquette displayed enforce at expo. Kids as young as 4-5 running around unattended trying to squeeze in between me and the game I was playing, two ladies playing a 4 person game on kiss. A dad and his son playing 4 straight games on the Alvin g football game while people were waiting (me and my son) and the asshat who pulled up a chair to the ice cold beer and would not let my girlfriend play (she asked, he stated he was going to be awhile). There needs to be an etiquette waiver that has to be signed.

#450 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Welcome back to Pinside, Keith!
My experience would seem to contradict that figure. There were only five people in front of us, and we waited in line over 20 minutes to play.

Ball times were long. My 11 year old killed it for his age with roughly 200 thousand and my game was even longer with 260 thousand. I finally let my 3rd ball drain because I felt bad for how long our three person game was taking. I think it can be attributed to how easy it seemed multiball could be achieved. I got two multiballs and an add a ball multiball in three balls.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 25.50
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 581 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 12.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-know-this-jerk-at-expo/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.