13-Mallrats-quotes1.gif
SJW.jpg
mommy_daddy.jpg
crowd1.jpg
chickens_and_waffle.jpg
Screen-2Bshot-2B2014-09-23-2Bat-2B3.26.10-2BPM.png
facemove.gif

This topic is closed.

There are 581 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 12.
#201 8 years ago

Come on guys, take it easy on him. He donates his pay checks to orphans........orphans with diseases.

#202 8 years ago

I was always surprised that there was no operator selectable setting for only allowing single or double player games in some circumstances. I hate seeing people start 4 player games at shows, and I especially hate it when I'm working a show and they start that many games and just walk away mid-game and I have to clear those games out (which I end up doing multiple times in the shows I've helped out at).

#203 8 years ago

Here's what I know after 200+ posts:

Nobody knows who this guy is.

#204 8 years ago

There are assholes everywhere.

#205 8 years ago

Im surprised nobody knows who he is.

#206 8 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

We sorta already knew that, based on the 100 posts in the facebook thread from two days ago where Molly first posted this. This is sort of a redundant Pinside mirror of that discussion.

A guy was rude at a pinball show. It happens. Molly can handle herself. Carry on.

#207 8 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I am sure somebody knows who he is, but they're not talking.

#208 8 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

It's Navin Johnson. Just read the thread title. Duh.

emma-the-jerk_610.jpgemma-the-jerk_610.jpg

#209 8 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I'm guessing he's not a pinhead. Probably just some random dude who came to the show.

#210 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm guessing he's not a pinhead. Probably just some random dude who came to the show.

No, he is definitely a pin head. I have seen him at shows before.

#211 8 years ago

A non pinhead who wears a Pinball shirt? He does look familiar tho. I think he was at MGC a few years running.

#212 8 years ago
Quoted from ryan1234:

I hope he gets dick cancer.

Please lets not go there.

#213 8 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

he is definitely a pin head

pinhead.jpgpinhead.jpg

#214 8 years ago

I bet someone over at RGP knows him!

#215 8 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

A non pinhead who wears a Pinball shirt?

D'oh! Didn't notice that .... String him up!!!!

#216 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

I don't know these girls but I think my fiancé and I waited behind them for GOT in the hallway late Fri night. They kicked it's ass,

I'm typically by my machine in the vendor hall (well, was not there at all on Saturday), talking with folks about it, etc. I can tell pretty quick when someone starts a game how good a player they are and the skills these woman have are impressive, and better than at least 90% of the folks who stepped up to play. Was really enjoyable to watch them play and to see someone to start to make some headway into the rule set. I can imagine this guy getting very frustrated, not only waiting for a long time, but realizing he had no chance in hell of matching their score. Bottom line his behavior was inexcusable in every way possible. He deserves to be called out for it.

#217 8 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Just a prop for the Twin Peaks girls.

Hey, I thought you were saving yourself for O-Din???
He's going to be heartbroken to find out you've been cheating on him with this deep dish Chicago-Style Bambi person!
I believe he even went out of his way to make you a "welcome back" Misfits cake.
Tsk-Tsk Gryszzz, I am just slightly disappointed in you!

Seriously though,
It was nice meeting you and ViolinSteve this week.
I'm pretty sure you had the most fun at expo if we're basing it solely on blood alcohol levels.
I believe you even surpassed some of the Kiwi Contingency and juuuuussst fell shy of the almighty Ben Heck.

After seeing your sweatshirt on Thursday, I had TV party playing in my head the rest of the trip, so thanks for that.
You're always welcome to come vist us anytime Gryszzz.
We'll take you to El Farolito's and afterwards see if you're up to the reinforced screen door challenge.
(Which is just slightly tougher than the Big Daddy challenge.. )
RotorDave has the current GC but, I kinda feel there might be a new challenger eyeing the title come Friday night.

#218 8 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

I thought you were saving yourself for O-Din???
He's going to be heartbroken to find out you've been cheating on him with this deep dish Chicago-Style Bambi person!

Quoted from o-din:

There are assholes everywhere.

#219 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

wearing a seattle pinball museum shirt? not so random...

(edit: obviously covered..)

#220 8 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I was always surprised that there was no operator selectable setting for only allowing single or double player games in some circumstances. I hate seeing people start 4 player games at shows,

I do this all the time at shows. And then me and 3 of my friends play our game and vacate at the end so the people behind us can play, or we include the next person in line in our game. I think you are confusing multi-player games with someone playing more than one game while folks are waiting...

#221 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

what are you basing this on? unless you have some inside info, i think you are probably mistaken. i've known a couple people with tourettes and it didn't turn them into rude assholes.

I'm sure your two friends are fine people and my guess is their symptoms are not identical to one another. Yes?
I also know someone with it and have had encounters with others.

Tourettes comes in many different forms and not everybody is an asshole. Its a very complex disorder and it exhibits itself in a variety of different ways. Some people have facial or body ticks, others repeat things, some people swear uncontrollable. Some have a combination of symptoms.

Maybe it would be more appropriate for me to have said Coprolalia but most people are familiar with Tourettes.

From Wikipedia: ""In Tourette syndrome, compulsive swearing can be uncontrollable and undesired by the person uttering the phrases. Involuntary outbursts, such as racial or ethnic slurs in the company of those most offended by such remarks, can be particularly embarrassing""

Calling Molly a cow certainly fits that profile.

Read the Wiki link I posted in my original comment. Thats why I included it.

Heres another on Coprolalia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coprolalia

#222 8 years ago

As someone who has promoted conventions before. Admission to a convention (of any time) is not permission to be verbally abusive to others. If some douche is calling people names and verbal abusing women, and you witness it, man up and ask the victim to come with you and you both find the convention organizer and everyone confront the guy. Then all sides are heard, witness, victim(s) and jerk.

Any decent convention organizer would then politely inform the jerk of what type of behavior is not allowed. Then if it happens again the jerk is shown the door with no admission refund. If he is a vendor same deal.

It is VERY simple.

#223 8 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

I do this all the time at shows. And then me and 3 of my friends play our game and vacate at the end so the people behind us can play, or we include the next person in line in our game. I think you are confusing multi-player games with someone playing more than one game while folks are waiting...

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I meant I dislike seeing a single person start a four player game and then play all the games all by themself. I have no problem if multiple people play multiple games, as it's fun and courteous to invite people standing behind you to play a multiplayer game with you. Going head to head is great fun and a good way to meet new people, so I guess you probably don't want to eliminate people from being able to do this just because a few people abuse it.

#224 8 years ago
Quoted from wantdataeast:

As someone who has promoted conventions before. Admission to a convention (of any time) is not permission to be verbally abusive to others. If some douche is calling people names and verbal abusing women, and you witness it, man up and ask the victim to come with you and you both find the convention organizer and everyone confront the guy. Then all sides are heard, witness, victim(s) and jerk.
Any decent convention organizer would then politely inform the jerk of what type of behavior is not allowed. Then if it happens again the jerk is shown the door with no admission refund. If he is a vendor same deal.
It is VERY simple.

Ummm....yeah, that's very simple. "Hey asshole, come with me".

#225 8 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

And that is VERY telling. I'm thinking this guy doesn't have any friends.....or possibly even any acquaintances.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#227 8 years ago

Haywood Jablowme

#228 8 years ago

edit: never mind

#229 8 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

It's Navin Johnson. Just read the thread title. Duh.
emma-the-jerk_610.jpg

"I was born a poor, black child."

#230 8 years ago

Hopefully he is not a "Pinsider".

#231 8 years ago

I'm pretty sure that little wink icon that labnip put at the end of his reveal meant that it wasn't to be taken seriously.

It doesn't look anything at all like his picture.

#232 8 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

really, nobody seems to know who this guy is? Must be the Blank...
SCVIEW407528.jpg

#233 8 years ago

"Heyyy you.. Get your damn hands off her..."

#234 8 years ago
Quoted from lost8ball:

I'm pretty sure that little wink icon that labnip put at the end of his reveal meant that it wasn't to be taken seriously.
It doesn't look anything at all like his picture.

It's not Chris. No way.

The guy does look familiar though, have seen him before.

#235 8 years ago

oopps wrong guy

#236 8 years ago

I missed it. But had i been there i would have have to put my size 9 1/2 veteran boot in his A#$!!!!!!!! Disrespecting ladies who don"t deserve it makes me angry! Second wait your damned turn! F ing soup sandwhich! Rant over!!!!!!!

#237 8 years ago

Ok, if Molly didn't do this, she should have, again.

lol.JPGlol.JPG

And yes, that's a Molly pic from an article I read a couple years ago. Always thought it a great pic.

#238 8 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm sure your two friends are fine people and my guess is their symptoms are not identical to one another. Yes?
I also know someone with it and have had encounters with others.
Tourettes comes in many different forms and not everybody is an asshole. Its a very complex disorder and it exhibits itself in a variety of different ways. Some people have facial or body ticks, others repeat things, some people swear uncontrollable. Some have a combination of symptoms.
Maybe it would be more appropriate for me to have said Coprolalia but most people are familiar with Tourettes.
From Wikipedia: ""In Tourette syndrome, compulsive swearing can be uncontrollable and undesired by the person uttering the phrases. Involuntary outbursts, such as racial or ethnic slurs in the company of those most offended by such remarks, can be particularly embarrassing""
Calling Molly a cow certainly fits that profile.
Read the Wiki link I posted in my original comment. Thats why I included it.
Heres another on Coprolalia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coprolalia

again, unless you have information that this person suffers from this condition, i do not think you are on the right track here. it sounds like he was making full blown shitty statements and insults based on a situation he found unacceptable, not experiencing uncontrollable ticks or involuntary outbursts. plus he was just generally acting like an aggressive baby to them (standing too close and not backing off, etc). it really doesn't sound like coprolalia or tourettes to me. it just sounds like a bad case of manbaby-itis.

#239 8 years ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

Always thought it a great pic.

That because most of us have gave a few pins the finger over the years.

#240 8 years ago

I can't believe I found this thread. That's the same guy who wouldn't get off of TBL when I was next in line. When he started his third game, I said "I thought it was one game per person and then to the back of the line." He said "I waited 20 minutes and I'll play as long as I want." I said "You, my friend, are a douche-bag" and I got in line for another TBL. True story. Wow!

#241 8 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

I can't believe I found this thread. That's the same guy who wouldn't get off of TBL when I was next in line. When he started his third game, I said "I thought it was one game per person and then to the back of the line." He said "I waited 20 minutes and I'll play as long as I want." I said "You, my friend, are a douche-bag" and I got in line for another TBL. True story. Wow!

This guy sounds like the guy you would start a 2 player game of Super Mario Bros. with then every time it was your turn he would complain for 5 straight minutes about how cheap and unfair the game is and how long your turns were taking. Maybe because I had that shitty experience as a kid I know not to act like a kid anymore.

#242 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

again, unless you have information that this person suffers from this condition, i do not think you are on the right track here. it sounds like he was making full blown shitty statements and insults based on a situation he found unacceptable, not experiencing uncontrollable ticks or involuntary outbursts. plus he was just generally acting like an aggressive baby to them (standing too close and not backing off, etc). it really doesn't sound like coprolalia or tourettes to me. it just sounds like a bad case of manbaby-itis.

I humbly apologize to all for suggesting he **MAY** have Tourettes.

Quoted from Mr68:

he may have Tourette's syndrome

#243 8 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

85ea8cb8b88b753985536075ef528975.jpg85ea8cb8b88b753985536075ef528975.jpg

#244 8 years ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

I bet he wouldn't try that crap with this gal. 20151017_160154.jpg

We saw him/her and yeah I would never think him/her would ever have an issue....

#245 8 years ago

What were the orange wrist bands?

#246 8 years ago

I think the reason no one knows him is ...it's tough to make friends when you act like an asshole all the time.

#247 8 years ago

Since I'm new to this, before I bought my ST I went to the Allentown pinfest this year to do some due diligence. I always felt weird starting a second game without stepping away first to see if anyone else was going to jump in.

Clearly that's too polite.

You know what's funny? There was a guy in line to try The Hobbit at Pinfest that smacked the machine, cursed, and gave it the finger after draining. And he kind of looked like this guy.

#248 8 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

...it's tough to make friends when you act like an asshole all the time.

Oh, I don't know.....

#249 8 years ago

I can't believe no one will post his username. I suspect he would be the king of down votes and ignores in about 5 minutes.

What an asshole. That's no way to treat anyone.

#250 8 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Wow. And I believe there's a couple other stories now in this thread. If anyone was due a public shaming it's this guy.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pittsburgh, PA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 25.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods
Other
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 581 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 12.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-know-this-jerk-at-expo/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.