13-Mallrats-quotes1.gif
SJW.jpg
mommy_daddy.jpg
crowd1.jpg
chickens_and_waffle.jpg
Screen-2Bshot-2B2014-09-23-2Bat-2B3.26.10-2BPM.png
facemove.gif

This topic is closed.

There are 581 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 12.
#151 8 years ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

I bet he wouldn't try that crap with this gal. 20151017_160154.jpg

I wanted to ask her out for a drink but lacked the courage.

#152 8 years ago

sounds like his behavior could be classified as disorderly conduct. The best course of action would have been to go to someone in charge of the show or hotel and report the behavior. I'm sure the hotel has procedures in place to deal with disorderly people.

#153 8 years ago

Someone Should make shirts with his pic for next expo......

#154 8 years ago

I hope he gets dick cancer.

#155 8 years ago
Quoted from PinRebel:

Its a one sided story and maybe blown out of proportion?

Quoted from guyincognito:

Aren't there two sides to every story?

Quoted from Aurich:

Please don't step in and try and defend this behavior, in any way. If you don't like the thread then drain it. It's not acceptable.

#156 8 years ago

This guy is in serious need of professional help.

Event coordinators now have to blacklist him. *hint* *hint*

#157 8 years ago

I'm not sure I get what would happen if the guy was identified here or on Facebook. Is somebody going to hunt him down and give him a beating? Call him on the telephone and have a conversation with him? Try to have him banned from every pinball show in the world?

Yeah, his behavior sucked, and shouldn't be put up with, but it should have been dealt with when it happened.

I have stood in line behind good players before, wanting to play the latest game, or one I've not played, and it sucks! But it's part of life, and I just be patient, or come back later

#158 8 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

I'm not sure I get what would happen if the guy was identified here or on Facebook. Is somebody going to hunt him down and give him a beating?

he will be shunned by "our" community. not buy his stuff or sell him our stuff. amirite?

#159 8 years ago

Why can't his name be put on the forum? If he is a pinsider then he has every opportunity to tell his side of the story after he is outed. I thought this is what the internet is for anyway.

#160 8 years ago

There's no doubt that this ass should have been confronted immediately by either someone from JJP or another person that overheard the verbal abuse of the women (which hopefully they didn't take personally, or affect their experience with the Hobbit gameplay).

Aurich: By bringing this up on the Pinside Forum, you did a service to the pinball community, as some of us are now aware of this guy, whoever he is. And, we will be hyper-vigilant towards his poor behavior at future shows.
Thanks!

#161 8 years ago

I had a teenage boy hang all over me and fart nonstop at pinfest in Allentown, cause I took too long on Mustang.

#162 8 years ago

Aside from some self-deprectiating jokes I haven't seen anyone suggest he needs an actual beating. I'm certainly not advocating violence, nor do I think it would come to that. An apology and recognition that we don't tolerate that kind of behavior would be nice though.

And to be clear, this isn't about women in pinball. It could have been anyone, Molly just happens to be my friend, and I was irritated enough to want to see if Pinside could identify him. But FFS, Molly is a great player, an op, and exactly the kind of person a company like JJP wants trying out their games.

#163 8 years ago

Print out and post his photo at the entrance to future shows

#164 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Aside from some self-deprectiating jokes I haven't seen anyone suggest he needs an actual beating. I'm certainly not advocating violence, nor do I think it would come to that. An apology and recognition that we don't tolerate that kind of behavior would be nice though.

Quoted from ryan1234:

I hope he gets dick cancer.

Yeah, not a beating, just cancer.

#165 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

An apology and recognition that we don't tolerate that kind of behavior would be nice though.

I don't disagree - but odds are, if he hasn't learned that at his age, a couple people at a pinball show suggesting it to him won't sway his opinion one bit.

#166 8 years ago

By outing him he is at least out $20 cause he has to go buy a different t-shirt for up comming shows...

#167 8 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

from what i have heard Molly can certainly take care of herself......but your right in hindsight i nshould have said something.....Sorry

you should prolly ditch the superman avatar

#168 8 years ago

At PAGG two years ago,THIS was the jerk i posted about who was playing the new WOZ,and wouldn't let others play, with a big line waiting!! If its not,it sure looks like him!!

#169 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You are married Gryszzz!!!??? (just saw the wedding ring in the photo).

Just a prop for the Twin Peaks girls. All the ladies love a marine biologist...especially those named Bambi.
For I am Costanza, Lord of the Idiots..jpgFor I am Costanza, Lord of the Idiots..jpg

#170 8 years ago

It's a disgrace that he's wearing that shirt. Charlie and Cindy are 2 of the nicest people in pinball.

#171 8 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

he will be shunned by "our" community. not buy his stuff or sell him our stuff. amirite?

Damn right.

Unless he sells something we need, or ships to our country at least without problems.

Or offers more for something he wants than the next guy in line.

Then we'll conduct our business in PM. But we'll continue to post with our alt accounts about what we would have done to him had we seen him.

#172 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Damn right.
Unless he sells something we need, or ships to our country at least without problems.
Or offers more for something he wants than the next guy in line.
Then we'll conduct our business in PM. But we'll continue to post with our alt accounts about what we would have done to him had we seen him.

I'm mostly speaking for myself. I've sold stuff to people i want to sell for less than i could have gotten from people i prefer not to deal with. this will be no different.

#173 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

This douchebag got into a screaming fit because he didn't like waiting in line for Hobbit, and the women playing in front of him were taking too long, because they didn't suck and drain right away. Was swearing, and calling them cows, and generally being a giant ass.
Never seen behavior like this at a show, everyone is usually so nice. Anyone have any clue who this jerk is? I hope JJP doesn't sell him a game, that's no way to treat anyone. Wait your turn like everybody else buddy.
Hi, I call women cows.

looks like a 53 year old d-bag to me

#174 8 years ago

Which Molly did he do this to?Are we talking about Pinball Molly.

#175 8 years ago

Angry mob? I want to have fun too!

Alright chaps! Lets do this! Leeeeerooooy Jeeennkiinnns!

#176 8 years ago

At the Atlanta Expo in 2014, my mom was trying to play every pin there. We were standing nicely and waiting our turn, not hogging machines ourselves, chatting with people in line, having fun. Some guy was playing continuous 4-player games on Doctor Who, completely hogging it at least 45 minutes that I saw. My mom eventually got in line behind him (along with me and 4 other people,) and when he finishes he starts up yet another 4-player game. I'm about to walk off but my mom loudly starts proclaiming his jerkiness for all to hear. He ignores her somehow, so she states that he's got 10 seconds to walk away from the machine or she's going to reach around him and turn it off. He turns around and glares and her, me, and everyone else in line... and she just death glares him right back and stands her ground. He finally walked away and mom happily invited the 2 people behind us to play the 4-player game, like nothing had happened.

The moral of the story is... don't be a jerk.

Also, don't piss off my mom. She's 6' tall, probably packing mace, has 3 collector quality pins in her bedroom, and takes playing every pin at expo seriously.

#177 8 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

Yes, Molly from Pins N Needles / 82.

#178 8 years ago

I'm glad your mom stood her ground!

I saw a couple guys doing the same (hogging games), I guess they exist at every show. I try to be ultra conscious of people wanting to play. It seems weird to me not to.

#179 8 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

So you have no frame of reference here, Donny. You're like a child that wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know...

lebowski_conversation.jpglebowski_conversation.jpg

#180 8 years ago

If I had a micro penis I'd act like a huge prick too. Poor guy.

#181 8 years ago

How do I always miss this fun stuff ?
Oh...cause I'm passed out in a chair on a floor that's not even my floor.

#182 8 years ago

How fat were the girls?

#183 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I'm glad your mom stood her ground!
I saw a couple guys doing the same (hogging games), I guess they exist at every show. I try to be ultra conscious of people wanting to play. It seems weird to me not to.

There is probably a good portion that don't know what the expectations are for playing games at a show. Organizers would be good to help promote this topic. About expected behavior with allowing the next person to play if someone is waiting... about single player vs multiplayer... about sharing/social play, etc.

#184 8 years ago

Aurich...you completely surpassed all the high expectations I had about you.
You, sir, are one bad motherfucker.
I had SO much fun with you Cali boys.
Is it possible to do Expo twice a year ? A years wait to do this again has got me reaching for a tissue.
GREAT TIMES.
All of you guys RULE !

#186 8 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

what would happen if the guy was identified

It helps the rest of us know whom to avoid.

#187 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

nope.
This is crazy4pin/ pinchili apparently (friend sent me the pic)
Tim Fife.jpg

He looks like his parents didn't love him. Lol.

#188 8 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

So you have no frame of reference here, Donny. You're like a child that wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know...
lebowski_conversation.jpg

Whats that supposed to mean?

#189 8 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

At the Atlanta Expo in 2014, my mom was trying to play every pin there. We were standing nicely and waiting our turn, not hogging machines ourselves, chatting with people in line, having fun. Some guy was playing continuous 4-player games on Doctor Who, completely hogging it at least 45 minutes that I saw. My mom eventually got in line behind him (along with me and 4 other people,) and when he finishes he starts up yet another 4-player game. I'm about to walk off but my mom loudly starts proclaiming his jerkiness for all to hear. He ignores her somehow, so she states that he's got 10 seconds to walk away from the machine or she's going to reach around him and turn it off. He turns around and glares and her, me, and everyone else in line... and she just death glares him right back and stands her ground. He finally walked away and mom happily invited the 2 people behind us to play the 4-player game, like nothing had happened.
The moral of the story is... don't be a jerk.
Also, don't piss off my mom. She's 6' tall, probably packing mace, has 3 collector quality pins in her bedroom, and takes playing every pin at expo seriously.

I say we bring your mom to all events!

#190 8 years ago

I had some guys at Southern Fried last year tell me I "didn't get to play" when I went to step up after they finished their game. Thankfully I find most people at expos are amazing people that i'm happy to meet but there's always a bad apple in any event.

#191 8 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

nothing, it was just in the middle of a thread. It's a joke.

#192 8 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

#193 8 years ago

If we opened a thread for every rude asshole at a pinball show there wouldn't by anything else to read at Pinside.

#194 8 years ago

Not to spoil all of the fun but it sounds like he may have Tourette's syndrome. And he may be an embarrassed, lonely man because of this condition.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourette_syndrome

(sorry to drag the real world in)

#195 8 years ago

I'm surprised that Molly didn't get in that guys face.She seems pretty sure of herself.I would have been steaming mad.I hate rudeness.

#196 8 years ago

I can see why he's so pissed though. It's clear from his hat that he owns a VW. He wanted to buy a game at the show but given the equity in his car is gone he can't sell it to support his pinball addiction

In all seriousness, going forward just post a picture of him to the people selling tickets for admission with a note: Do not allow in.

#197 8 years ago

A bunch of you here know me and know I'm no Keyboard Commando. If that would have happened in front of me I would have bitch slapped that douche right there. Done it before and sure I'll do it again.

(and I'd bring my buddy, Lou!)

Ted__Lou_F.jpgTed__Lou_F.jpg

#198 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

There is probably a good portion that don't know what the expectations are for playing games at a show. Organizers would be good to help promote this topic. About expected behavior with allowing the next person to play if someone is waiting... about single player vs multiplayer... about sharing/social play, etc.

Never been to a show but I know exactly how this should work. Common sense isn't so common though these days.

#199 8 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Not to spoil all of the fun but it sounds like he may have Tourette's syndrome. And he may be an embarrassed, lonely man because of this condition.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourette_syndrome
(sorry to drag the real world in)

what are you basing this on? unless you have some inside info, i think you are probably mistaken. i've known a couple people with tourettes and it didn't turn them into rude assholes.

#200 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I say we bring your mom to all events!

That is quite a bold statement NorthVibe...
At least have the courtesy to offer her a few drinks, some flowers maybe and a decent steak dinner, before you start volunteering her services like that!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 25.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 581 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 12.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-know-this-jerk-at-expo/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.