13-Mallrats-quotes1.gif
SJW.jpg
mommy_daddy.jpg
crowd1.jpg
chickens_and_waffle.jpg
Screen-2Bshot-2B2014-09-23-2Bat-2B3.26.10-2BPM.png
facemove.gif

This topic is closed.

There are 581 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 12.
#451 8 years ago

We're working on a feature for Alien that will allow you to spray acid on boisterous onlookers.

#452 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

We're working on a feature for Alien that will allow you to spray acid on boisterous onlookers.

If you feel bad from a short ball time will it give your face a little hug?

#453 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

...so assholes run unchecked.

Given the average age of pinball hobbyists, I dispute this claim.

#454 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

mommy_daddy.jpg

Umm this old man probably grew up in the 50s, the golden age of abuse. Sorry to ruin your "child abuse is good for you" meme.

#455 8 years ago

Seems like this is something that should of been dealt with on the spot. Taking it to the internet and trying to publicly shame a guy whether he deserves it or not seems pretty poor imo.

#456 8 years ago

I think we have all had our moments at a pinball expo... This year at the NWest expo I had waited a damn long time to play the Hobbit and when it was nearly my turn the guy in front of me see's a group he knows and invites three of them in front of me to play a 4 player game, my blood pressure instantly shot up to 1000 over 600 (but I kept my cool!) I was polite about it but told him that his friends need to wait in line like everyone else, the guy ended up being cool about it.

When I see something that pisses me off I say something (politely at first). Thing is that 50% of the time it works every time!

#457 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Seems like this is something that should of been dealt with on the spot. Taking it to the internet and trying to publicly shame a guy whether he deserves it or not seems pretty poor imo.

This thread is entertaining though..

#458 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That's an awesome idea! Electric shocks would be cool, too!

#459 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

That's an awesome idea! Electric shocks would be cool, too!

Or maybe even a way to cocoon and implant them ...

#460 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

After thinking about it some more, I'm beginning to feel that we may be jumping the gun with the whole mob mentality. Kim's diagnosis may have been off, but I think his point was too easily dismissed. As someone with a daughter who has Asperger's, I can relate to the fact that some people are simply wired differently than others. Yes, the guy was acting like an asshole, but he may not be able to control himself. Unless someone can prove otherwise, we should probably give him the benefit of the doubt. It would have been absolutely appropriate to go up to him during his tirade and ask him to please be more polite, but to vilify him after the fact and cry out for blood seems like somewhat of an overreaction without all the facts.

It was many years ago but I have a professional work history in the mental health field. Specifically, behavioral modification among the criminal population. And I recently resigned a prestigious volunteer position on our local criminal justice board.

I was not defending the Expo loon nor was I diagnosing him. (Good grief) I was only suggesting that he may have a mental disorder such as Tourettes. ***Not all disabled people are in a wheelchair***

As to Aurich's rant I will only say this. I am agreed that my joke was in poor taste. But it was obviously a joke and most people understood that. And if you weren't so uptight, politically correct, you'd realize that it really was a joke on how stupid we men can behave around beautiful women.

But for Aurich to twist my obvious joke into something ugly, as if it was something I actually did or would do, is simply desperate and pathetic.

How embarrassing for you Aurich and your employer. Pending your apology you have zero credibility.

#461 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Umm this old man probably grew up in the 50s, the golden age of abuse. Sorry to ruin your "child abuse is good for you" meme.

Or maybe he had hippy-dippy parents who didn't believe in spanking....and hence he's an asshole today.

#462 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Some people love long ball time super deep games....

Or, in other words: Some people love you long time with super deep balls.

#463 8 years ago

Lighten the F up and take it down a few notches. Very "boorish" behavior

Maybe bipolar? Hard to tell from that pic

#464 8 years ago

So... mob him at the next show, tie him up and only let him play The Hobbit after every attendee gets to give him a spanking?

#465 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lighten the F up and take it down a few notches. Very "boorish" behavior

(sigh) If it helps your ego Doug, I have noticed you stalking me around Pinside with your thumbs downs. Keep up the good work.

#466 8 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Specifically, behavioral modification among the criminal population.

How many Tourettes' patients did you see?

Quoted from Mr68:

I was only suggesting that he may have a mental disorder such as Tourettes.

This is very unlikely. My former girlfriend's sister had Tourettes. Tourettes is more likely to be accompanied by facial ticks or other physical ailments vs the hollywood depiction of vulgar language (coprolalia). Do some Tourettes patients swear? Yes, but almost always uncontrollably. And they are usually aware they've done it and usually profusely apologize. The scenario outlined here had a man purposely insult someone. Not accompanied by other behavior such as ticks, etc its a stretch to attribute this to Tourettes.

#467 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Or maybe he had hippy-dippy parents who didn't believe in spanking....and hence he's an asshole today.

Yeah that's just a genius interpretation.

So there were no assholes before Dr. Spock? Why does everybody have some cheesy political / societal agenda always bubbling under the surface? Sometimes a cigar is a cigar, and an asshole is an asshole.

#468 8 years ago

I spent a week in Seattle and while most were very nice I saw quite a few total assholes and crazies. I normally don't walk around in any city though so I don't have a lot to go by. Beautiful city though.

#469 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah that's just a genius interpretation.
So there were no assholes before Dr. Spock? Why does everybody have some cheesy political / societal agenda always bubbling under the surface? Sometimes a cigar is a cigar, and an asshole is an asshole.

Just responding to a "cheesy/societal agenda" that was posted.

#470 8 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I am agreed that my joke was in poor taste. But it was obviously a joke and most people understood that.

I understood you were joking, as you generally strike me as a good pinsider and considerate person. Even so, when I saw your post and all the thumbs up it was getting, as well as some of the names people were making up for the guy, it made me wonder if women reading this thread would feel aided, or even more creeped out and insulted.

This is especially ironic in a thread that is expressing outrage at a guy who was mistreating women.

#471 8 years ago

I'll add my speculative assertment of this character: a genius curly-haired mastermind who devised a fiendish plan to turn all pinsiders against one another.

Touché curly-haired mastermind... touché....

#472 8 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I spent a week in Seattle and while most were very nice I saw quite a few total assholes and crazies. I normally don't walk around in any city though so I don't have a lot to go by. Beautiful city though.

It's all the coffee and crabs. Angrys up the blood.

#473 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's all the coffee and crabs. Angrys up the blood.

LOL one would think all that legal pot would make everyone happy happy. I indulged and I was quite happy for an hour.

Maybe its the fact that everything is so fucking expensive.

#474 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

One time I was at McDonalds and this guy was a douche bag to the worker behind the cash register......as he wanted Extra Caramel on his Sundae and when the kid stated that he would have to charge him more, the guy went off. Of course the guy knew the kid could not say anything because he would get fired, so he humiliated the cashier in front of all of us........I walk up the the fucktard who was standing with his son and told him, "I am going to say this quietly as I can see you are here with your son, but if you don't walk up to that poor cashier and apologize, I will level you right here and now." He apologized and left immediately. When I finally got to the register to place my order, the cashier said to me, "What did you say to him??", I said, "What needed to be said."

yes, but you are the dark knight. easy for you to do...

#475 8 years ago
Quoted from yoshootme:

yes, but you are the dark knight. easy for you to do...

I would have just punched the kid to send a message.

#476 8 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Pending your apology you have zero credibility.

Hope you have more patience than the guy waiting to play Hobbit behind Molly and Priyanka, you're going to be waiting a long time for me to apologize for telling you that your joke was inappropriate.

#477 8 years ago

I still say, with nobody coming forward or seeming to know who this guy was, that the possibility of him being Frank Fuhrter is very likely. Nobody knows what he looks like either.

He was infamous on RGP, seemed to take a liking to EM's but had his nose in every topic possible, and was about as rude and obnoxious as any person could possibly be.

Fit the description?

#478 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

This douchebag got into a screaming fit because he didn't like waiting in line for Hobbit, and the women playing in front of him were taking too long, because they didn't suck and drain right away. Was swearing, and calling them cows, and generally being a giant ass.
Never seen behavior like this at a show, everyone is usually so nice. Anyone have any clue who this jerk is? I hope JJP doesn't sell him a game, that's no way to treat anyone. Wait your turn like everybody else buddy.
Hi, I call women cows.

this is for the single down vote

tumblr_n26z0gZFM91s23660o1_250.giftumblr_n26z0gZFM91s23660o1_250.gif

#479 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Hope you have more patience than the guy waiting to play Hobbit behind Molly and Priyanka, you're going to be waiting a long time for me to apologize for telling you that your joke was inappropriate.

That's not what I said and I already posted that my joke was inappropriate.

I object to you twisting my words (offensive joke) into to something that is a lie. **See quote below.
What else might you take liberty with in the future and with whom? That's where you lose credibility. - If you don't want to apologize for that, then so be it.

Quoted from Aurich:

to talk about how you like to stand behind them to watch their ass, and then drop quarters so you can watch them pick them up. That's creeper shit man.

If you want to take this further I suggest we take it off Pinside.

#480 8 years ago

Hope this doesnt get ugly.

#481 8 years ago

OMG, they going to take it to Skype!

#482 8 years ago

Bro down! Where's the nearest Hooters parking lot?

#483 8 years ago

I wish I was good enough at pinball that people in line behind me would get frustrated...lol!

#484 8 years ago

Losing credibility on the internet? In a thread about punching rude pinheads? Oh Pinside, you do bring out the best. Anyone wanna know what I would've done to the jerk? Didn't think so.

I'm all about the rage and protection of our womenfolk but c'mon guys, the vitriol of each other in here is so abrasive that I find myself wanting to avoid all of it in order not to see any of it. I still believe in mandatory prison terms for failure to correctly use turn signals and apostrophes but I just pop another nitro and try to relax.

#485 8 years ago
Quoted from HumanFemale:

I wish I was good enough at pinball that people in line behind me would get frustrated...lol!

True story: last year at Expo hobbit was set to one ball, no ball save (or it was really short if it was there). I plunged the ball, misjudged a shot, and went straight down the middle. Doubt I played more than 7 seconds. Walked away to let the person behind me play their turn.

#486 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

True story: last year at Expo hobbit was set to one ball, no ball save (or it was really short if it was there). I plunged the ball, misjudged a shot, and went straight down the middle. Doubt I played more than 7 seconds. Walked away to let the person behind me play their turn.

That was ME last year, too! lol!

Stupid Pete got to a multiball on one ball, I was mad!

I beat him this year 180 million to 140 million. I don't know if that's a good score, but I got to multiball and won so who cares????

#487 8 years ago

Some of the people posting in this thread act worse than the girl bully !

#488 8 years ago

Heck, I stood in line for Hobbit a couple times but never got to play. Short attention span and all... Not sure how I managed waiting 45 mins to play TBL (only for the ball to get stuck on my third plunge).

#489 8 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I can't help but notice Mr68 and Aurich going back and forth with zero flak from the mods. Funny how that works. I know if it was me I woulda got a thread eject instantly.

Seriously, isn't Mr68 like some old bald dude and Aurich the face of Pinside? One of you should just stop posting.

#490 8 years ago

They should settle it with an old fashioned suck off. That's what me and my friends do.

#491 8 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Shut up McCune or I'll personaly deliver you a machine to restore.

#492 8 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

(sigh) If it helps your ego Doug, I have noticed you stalking me around Pinside with your thumbs downs. Keep up the good work.

No point in snapping off at people like that. And nobody, certainly Aurich, owes you any kind of apology! And you don't know me so don't act like you do. You have no clue. Like i said, lighten up and ..................let it go..................

#493 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

They should settle it with an old fashioned suck off. That's what me and my friends do.

Say what?

#494 8 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

I like that nobody has been able to identify this guy here or on Facebook because he must literally have no friends, ever.

your correlation of Facebook exposure and real world friends is both unfounded and sad.

#496 8 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

I can't help but notice Mr68 and Aurich going back and forth with zero flak from the mods. Funny how that works. I know if it was me I woulda got a thread eject instantly.

Yes, and some people speed on the highway and don't get pulled over. It's not a conspiracy.

Stop trying to crucify the mods. There wasn't a single mention of those two on the abuse reports. Am I just supposed to psychically know it is happening? (If you got an "instant thread eject" in the past, I guarantee it was because something popped up in the abuse reports, and not because we were out to get you).

By the time I stumbled across this back and forth, they'd already taken it to PM, like gentleman. I hope they get it worked out, because both seem to be decent fellows.

As always, if you've got an issue, or have a suggestion...head to the mod feedback section. This thread isn't the proper venue for your particular grievances.

Pete

#497 8 years ago

i know this guy.... he makes the rounds in the seattle area pinball leagues... goes by the name of...

HUGH JASOLE

#498 8 years ago

Back in like 98 I was @ a grocery store when my gel tabs kicked in

That made me uncomfortable so I went to the check out line ASAP

Aaaaaand then the clerk had a massive Tourette's episode

I was trying to figure out if it was rude to go to another line. Maybe I should stay to spare her feelings? Oh, here comes the manager to turn off the light & help her check out the customer in front of me.

At that point I felt obligated to stay in line, I can't explain it, then as some weird coping mechanism I said "I get hiccups too". Part of me wondered if this was really occurring or just a symptom of my choices 45 min ago...

The next day I realized I should have went to the other line.

Moral of the story?

Not sure

#499 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

True story: average ball time on Hobbit was 32s.

In god we trust, all others need to bring data, thanks for bringing some

#500 8 years ago

Has anybody considered that the perpetrator might have been referring to the Hobbit pinball machine as a cow and not the lady that was playing it? After all it is a widebody.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods
Other
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 581 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 12.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-know-this-jerk-at-expo/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.