Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by StotzBotz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Hello. Trying to figure out the name of the solenoid coils on my Williams Flash pinball machine that are not working. The coils are not firing to reset my drop targets and the ball return coil is not firing. I think that's the name of the coil that shoots the ball back in the position to be fired again. I'm trying to find the proper coil name and the corresponding transistors but my manual doesn't mention any solenoids called drop target solenoids. If anyone would know the proper names for these that would be most appreciated.

#2 4 years ago

Reset solenoid?
Or look at the part number on the coil and see what that part number goes to on your manual.

Normall on these if multiple coils are acting up is the 40 pin interconnect needs to be replaced male and female side.

#3 4 years ago

Well I removed the driver board and found 4 TIP120 transistors either cracked or with chunks blown out of them. These are solenoids 1 2 3 4. 1 is a Ball release, 2 Bank reset (Top), 3 Bank reset (Bottom), 4 Bank Reset. Not sure if the transistors are just old and died or if there is an underlying issue that is making them fry. They're so cheap I guess I'll replace them first and see what happens.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits

400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Green Brook Township, NJ
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

2,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-know-the-technical-name-for-williams-drop-target-coil-solenoid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.