(Topic ID: 213996)

Anyone know the part number for WPC95 backbox sockets?

By Djshakes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by mmr61184
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Can't seem to find the part number anywhere. My NGG is missing the wire harness for the backbox. Assuming I will have to build one unless someone has a used one for sale. Does anyone know the part number for the GI and flasher sockets? Can't find them anywhere in the manual.

#2 6 years ago

According to the parts list from IPDB, I believe you want line #2402:

24-8863 socket t-31/4 white w/o diode qty 32

This is found within the "no good gofers insert assy" part on line 2395. For what it is worth, the wiring for that appears to be part no. H-22208-1.1 (line 2406)

http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/4338/Williams_1997_No_Good_Gofers_Parts_List.txt

#3 6 years ago

Thank you!

#4 6 years ago

I think they are only available in black from marco

#6 6 years ago

Seems like they don't list NGG as a compatible game for these. Maybe the list isn't complete?

#7 6 years ago

They may be different that’s what I used on my games but they are early 90s NGG is a little newer so I wonder if they used a different socket

#8 6 years ago

Yup just looked it up they are different from what I sent. Looks like action pinball has them but their site is closed they are on vacation it says.

#9 6 years ago

I think Pinball life might be getting some in the future. I suppose no one has a spare harness they would want to sell? I don't even care if it is a NGG as long as it is a WPC 95. I can always add or remove sockets if not for the correct game.

#10 6 years ago

For the detail oriented among Pinsiders ... Pat Lawlor games typically have blinkers (455 or 545) not flashers in the backbox inserts. They are connected in their own string to the GI (6.3VAC) not the CPU controlled flashers (12VDC).

The different strings are identified by different sized or colored sockets. For IDC wedge sockets the regular (non-blinking) lamps are usually on white sockets. The special (blinking) lamps are usually on black sockets.

The ultra detail oriented restorer and/or collector will likely already know this.

Please be aware that the color/size mentioned above is from memory.

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from DumbAss:

For the detail oriented among Pinsiders ... Pat Lawlor games typically have blinkers (455 or 545) not flashers in the backbox inserts. They are connected in their own string to the GI (6.3VAC) not the CPU controlled flashers (12VDC).
    The different strings are identified by different sized or colored sockets. For IDC wedge sockets the regular (non-blinking) lamps are usually on white sockets. The special (blinking) lamps are usually on black sockets.
    The ultra detail oriented restorer and/or collector will likely already know this.
    Please be aware that the color/size mentioned above is from memory.

Yes and I am pretty sure there is no difference between the black and white except for identification pusposes. Good luck finding the white IDC sockets I coudlnt find them anywhere bought a bunch from pinballspare parts a few years ago. Idk why nobody makes them anymore the white ones are always crispy as hell in ever game I have worked on.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from mmr61184:

Yes and I am pretty sure there is no difference between the black and white except for identification pusposes.

Correct. There's no electrical difference between the sockets. The color itself is not important. The difference is just a way to identify which are regular and which are blinkers.

These have a diode in them. The diode is used for controlled lamps in the lamp matrix.

It looks like these will work.

#14 6 years ago

Thanks guys. Hopefully this is what I need.

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from DumbAss:

Correct. There's no electrical difference between the sockets. The color itself is not important. The difference is just a way to identify which are regular and which are blinkers

Only if your a pain in the ass when it comes to keeping your game origina like me.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-know-the-part-number-for-wpc95-backbox-sockets and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.