(Topic ID: 9697)

Anyone know the last name of Mike at MAD Amusements?

By Pintucky

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Pintucky
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

I'm having a major issue with MAD Amusements that I'm trying to resolve. Does anyone know the spelling of Mike's last name?

It is nearly impossible to reach him. I have discovered he does not work out of a store front. He operates through a mailbox company, thus making it virtually impossible to contact him.

If anyone has had a horrible experience with an order and MONEY, then please PM me and tell me how you resolved it. This has been going on since early November.

Thanks,
    Mike

#2 12 years ago

I've had nothing but good experience with Mike. His last name is Ducker.

#3 12 years ago

I have never called when he didn't answer the phone.

#4 12 years ago

Same here. He just went way above and beyond for me on a shipment too. Have you called him? I remember him saying that the customer service number was his own cell phone. I've called it maybe 5 times and it was answered at least 3 times. The other two were returned same day. Was thinking it could be an internation issue but I see your are in the US. I hope all turns out OK.

#5 12 years ago

All my dealings with Mad Amusements have been positive, very prompt service, good prices, honest shipping rates.

#6 12 years ago

How about all the guys whose calls he answers every time call him and let him know he needs to resolve his issue with Mike.

Mad Amusements had a stretch for a while where a lot of bad experiences were had. Hope he is not slipping into the same trend as he has a lot of game specific stuff.

Hope it get resolves for you.

#7 12 years ago

Just recently I ordered some stuff from him and I was concerned I might be out of town before the shipment arrived. He gave me numerous options to avoid that situation, estimated when the product would show up and shipped exactly when he said he would.

#8 12 years ago

This is a 'horse of a different color' thing folks. It's not your usual order problem. It involves an international transaction by a friend of mine, where the sending bank in Europe and Mike's receiving bank in New Jersey indicate he received a LARGE amount of money for a very big order. The banks have already traced it.

Problem is, he vacillates a lot and will not give substantial answers to inquiries by the guy who ordered the items, and he mostly talks in circles. Very difficult to communicate with! Banks indicate he has the money in his account, but he won't ship the items. He says he doesn't have the money.

This should have been easily addressed, but he will not answer the phone (I have phoned all day today) or if he does, he has a different story each time. He becomes defensive and filled with excuses. One minute he says the money is there, the next time he says he doesn't have it.

I PERSONALLY have had great results ordering from him. But there is something strange going on with this particular problem. We have discovered he does not own a store-front business, and operates out of a ghost mailbox service. I have had numerous discussions with the Better Business Bureau of Brick, New Jersey, and the Consumer Protection Agency there. He is not registered with the BBB, and he has made himself an 'invisible business'. Authorities have related to me it could be difficult to track him down.

I appreciate all your responses. I'm like most of you, I don't want his business to be in trouble. He has great prices and things that are hard to find. We all NEED a MAD Amusements. I use him frequently. I just don't think he is much of a businessman, has shoddy bookkeeping, and when he HAS talked with me on the phone, he sounds like he is on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

I don't want to reveal much more here, but in two weeks if he can't come forward with 'proof positive' that will refute all the bank transaction receipts that shows he has the money, legal action is going to take place. And I hate it.

If we find out that he is totally innocent and some strange thing happened with the money, I will be the first to QUICKLY post on here that he was not at fault. If he would just cooperate and not have anger issues, this mystery might be solved quickly and without third party intervention.

Mike

#9 12 years ago

This is not the first international order issue I have heard from with him. To be fair.

#10 12 years ago

Not taking sides but keep in mind international money transfers can take up to 21 days to clear and actually show up in someones account. I honestly think he's running business out of his house as a mom and papa type of shop. That would explain the BBB, consumer affairs and PO BOX situation. Just know that before doing business as if he closes shop you're going to have a tough time getting funds back.

For international orders - Nothing but bad with most of the pinball distribitors from what I hear. Not sure why but most seem to hate doing it and seems like everyone has issues, especially with the smaller guys.

I know what you mean by talking to him. His phone customer service skills are not good (I am a CS manager for the company I work for) but his actions, at least to me, were above industry standard.

I hope it's all a mix up and things work out for you.

2 months later
    TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #13 12 years ago

Really this thread again? And now vulgar language. That will help you get results. Get a credit card like the rest of the world and stop sending wires. What proof do you have beside filth mouth and soma baseless accusations.

#14 12 years ago

After reading 20 posts from international customers that were screwed around or ripped off by MAD, most American clients like to confirm that Mike is a great guy and treats them very well. LOL

Funny how people don't care what this guy is doing as long as they get THEIR package.
    I have bought from MAD without issue, but based on recent reports I'd definitely find alternative suppliers.

Mike should either state publically what this is all about, or we should treat all the unanswered allegations as an admission of guilt and throw this guy in the bad apple bin.

#15 12 years ago

Do we have proof or just a coordinated effort to smear a mans name?

#16 12 years ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

If this was a coordinated smear effort, who ch I am quite sure it isn't, why doesn't Mile come forward and defend himself? Exactly.

I know of several people in Canada that were screwed over by Mike. I'm not afraid to say this because god forbid there might not be another to supply what I need.

Ps one buddy of mine received shipment many months after purchasing once he contacted RCMP regarding international fraud.

#17 12 years ago

international shipping? we are in 2012 not 1970...
    i have ordered from marco, pinball life, bay area, even from germany (incredible service, best shipping rate so far), without any problem, ever.
    international is not an excuse, if he can't do business outside usa stop doing it. maybe he think he can get away with it because of that.

i've ordered from him in the past, did recieved my order after one month of waiting.
    i will not buy from this guy again unless i have no choice!

#18 12 years ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

How many international pinsiders posting would it take for you to believe that when they deal with Mike, it is a huge hassle and stress regarding large sums of money? Just curious.

#19 12 years ago

IC3.GOV Fill out forums. Wait for Indictment. Enough of you International people fill out this forum the sooner the FBI is at his door asking questions.

#20 12 years ago

Jeez what is up with MAD & International orders? I have heard enough, I do believe there is an issue. WTF.

#21 12 years ago

I've avoided buying from him because of his reputation, more than once. I don't have the time to give my patronage to somebody that doesn't respect or value his customers.

#22 12 years ago

I wish I had seen this sooner. I have purchased numerous items from MAD without a single hiccup. Having said that, I tried to purchase items Thursday evening at MAD through my linked CC in PayPal and it wouldn't let me. The following day my CC was declined at a resturant. I called my CC company and they stated my card was frozen due to potential fraud. They stated it was the purchase I tried to do to MAD that flagged it. Food for thought I suppose.

#23 12 years ago
    Quoted from Skins:

I wish I had seen this sooner. I have purchased numerous items from MAD without a single hiccup. Having said that, I tried to purchase items Thursday evening at MAD through my linked CC in PayPal and it wouldn't let me. The following day my CC was declined at a resturant. I called my CC company and they stated my card was frozen due to potential fraud. They stated it was the purchase I tried to do to MAD that flagged it. Food for thought I suppose.

That has nothing to do with mad amusements. It's just the automated logic of your credit card fraud detection going wrong.

#24 12 years ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

The 'proof' is that some of the most reputable posters on this forum have spoken out about this. You are about a year late in making such an off-base statement.

The 'proof' is that some of us have been trying to help these people. If you had offered one of these guys some HELP, you wouldn't be posting such comments. We've seen first-hand the miles of paperwork trails and banking trace records.

Quoted from wbradley:

Funny how people don't care what this guy is doing as long as they get THEIR package.

I put myself in the other guy's shoes. I think most of us on here try to look out for one another.

I don't like it that Mike "the F_CK_R" Ducker makes my country look bad as he mistreats people from other places in the world.

(Served at Ft. Lee also . . . maybe that is why we seem to be combative!)

Post edited by Pintucky : Added a sentence.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-know-the-last-name-of-mike-at-mad-amusements?tu= and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.