(Topic ID: 255065)

Anyone know of a source for Bally C-114-2 pop bumper bodies?

By drsfmd

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Dono
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0885 (resized).jpg
114-2 (resized).png
#1 4 years ago

I'm restoring a Bally Cue Tease. Two of the pop bumper bodies are cracked and need to be replaced.

There are three different pop bumper bodies that were used in this era--

C114 was the body used on the dead bumpers
C114-2 is the body used on this game and pictured below.
C114-3 is the standard body that's available now.

For the interim, I have modified C114-3 bodies to work by cutting away indentations into the body and turning down the diameter of the top of the body (the caps are slightly smaller than modern dimensions. It doesn't look bad, but I'm not entirely satisfied with it, in part because it doesn't look quite right, and I'd like to have it as correct as possible.

I've checked with PBR, Marco, and others, and I have come up short... does anyone know of a source for the C114-2 body?

114-2 (resized).png114-2 (resized).pngIMG_0885 (resized).jpgIMG_0885 (resized).jpg
#2 4 years ago

Not available unless someone's made them in the last two years... marco, PBR, pinball life etc... don't carry that one and probably never will unfortunately.

#3 4 years ago

Yea, Ive had to shave pbr's bodies when using old caps. Be happy you can get those at least. On another thread somebody is complaining about the green on the current pop skirts. We are lucky to have the suppliers that we do for 40 yr crap.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Yea, Ive had to shave pbr's bodies when using old caps. Be happy you can get those at least. On another thread somebody is complaining about the green on the current pop skirts. We are lucky to have the suppliers that we do for 40 yr crap.

Exactly... the hobby has grown quite a bit in 20 years... I'm working on a Keeney Poker Face... odd ball pin, have been able to replace busted/corroded parts with new GTB repros; lucky to have sources for so much stuff now. To think we can get upgrade kits for flippers, chimes, pops, etc. is very cool!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-know-of-a-source-for-bally-c-114-2-pop-bumper-bodies and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.