(Topic ID: 288092)

Anyone know if Spike 2 CPU prices have dropped?

By RustyLizard

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Gexchange
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

I need a Spike 2 CPU for my Black Knight Premium. Stern website shows $350, out of stock. Marco shows $369 and out of stock. Other places show around $900 and in stock.

My question is, if I wait are these now under $400 or do I fold it up and put it in the back room?

#2 3 years ago

I don’t know the answer to your question, but how could stern be out of CPU’s? Isn’t it the same board across all spike 2 games?

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

I don’t know the answer to your question, but how could stern be out of CPU’s? Isn’t it the same board across all spike 2 games?

Yes, but due to shortages they won't sell me one.

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Yes and no, just swappedd the one on my LZ trying to figure out an issue. They are on revision D1 of the spike 2 cpu. Only difference that stood out to me were the inductors looked bigger on the later revision

I put in revision A1, and havent had anything bad happen yet. Fingers crossed.

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

I need a Spike 2 CPU for my Black Knight Premium. Stern website shows $350, out of stock. Marco shows $369 and out of stock. Other places show around $900 and in stock.
    My question is, if I wait are these now under $400 or do I fold it up and put it in the back room?

As far as i know spike 2 has always been almost 1k.
    I bought my spare from a pinsider for 550 a few years ago. The spike 1 cpus were a lot cheaper.

#6 3 years ago

Should check, do you need the cpu som, or the carrier board it clips into, or both?

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Should check, do you need the cpu som, or the carrier board it clips into, or both?

I believe the audio amp has failed.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

I believe the audio amp has failed.

Ha my damn Munsters did that too, just pops a lot?

In theory you only need the big carrier board and the cpu can unclip, sorta like a slot style pentium 2/3

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Ha my damn Munsters did that too, just pops a lot?
    In theory you only need the big carrier board and the cpu can unclip, sorta like a slot style pentium 2/3

Can still hear all sounds just very poor quality. In theory, yes, in reality buy the whole works.

#10 3 years ago

Can Rob Anthony Fix the board for you? I just checked I don't have a spare instock

Second Idea Call my parts team 303-962-4700 and see if stern will do a repair or advanced replacement.. We just got a Guardians refurbished board for a non warranty game

PM if I can be of more help.

JJ

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-know-if-spike-2-cpu-prices-have-dropped?hl=rustylizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.