(Topic ID: 131215)

Anyone know how to remove or edit duplicate comments from PIN MAP?

By krivoap

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by krivoap
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

Title kind of says it all, but after updating the game available on location (Hackney's on Lake) on PIN MAP, I was attempted to add a comment, but my browser decided to stutter and wound up posting a repeat of my comment a bunch of times. Anyone know how to remove or edit duplicate comments from the PIN MAP?

#2 8 years ago

Good question. In fact, the delete button is not showing. I'll mark this as a bug. In the meantime, I will remove your duplicate comments manually until the bug is fixed.

#3 8 years ago

I have a related question. It appears that you can't remove locations from PinMap. My city, Colorado Springs, has multiple locations that have closed and several that don't have any games.

#4 8 years ago

I will look into that as well. It has been mentioned before and I think a flag for removal button could fix that.

#5 8 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

I will look into that as well. It has been mentioned before and I think a flag for removal button could fix that.

Robin, this is a great idea. Once implemented, each of us should take on the task of keeping our own city updated. This could easily become a very powerful tool to find machines when traveling. In the current state, it has too many errors, inaccuracies, and incomplete information.

BTW, I agree with the decision to get rid of "karma." I'd probably keep thumbs up and down, though.

Have you given any more thought to reworking the ranking system? At one point, there was some talk about basing it upon position on our lists of relative rankings. For the record, I greatly prefer this idea. I also bet the amount of rankings would explode. The current system takes way too much time.

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Good question. In fact, the delete button is not showing. I'll mark this as a bug. In the meantime, I will remove your duplicate comments manually until the bug is fixed.

Thanks Robin! Very much appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Andy

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-know-how-to-remove-or-edit-duplicate-comments-from-pin-map and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.